SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   The Wolves of Steel: Bugs, glitches and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238315)

Salvadoreno 12-07-20 07:26 PM

Hello,

Been doing manual navigational fixes for my newest patrol started with the new patch. When select to set a nav marker on the map it comes out fine. But when I adjust using the "C" key to move the fix as close as possible to my predicated position, it freezes the game.

Has happened multiple times now, I could just not use the nav markers but I was really hoping to see how close my REalNav skills came to the navigators positions.

side note: I always move the markers in view of other navigational marks.

vdr1981 12-08-20 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvadoreno (Post 2712155)
Hello,

Been doing manual navigational fixes for my newest patrol started with the new patch. When select to set a nav marker on the map it comes out fine. But when I adjust using the "C" key to move the fix as close as possible to my predicated position, it freezes the game.

Has happened multiple times now, I could just not use the nav markers but I was really hoping to see how close my REalNav skills came to the navigators positions.

side note: I always move the markers in view of other navigational marks.

HI Salvadoreno,
I heard about that problem before but I could never replicate it on my system...What is your game version, Ubisoft connect download? Do you run your game as administrator always?

Salvadoreno 12-08-20 05:06 PM

Thank you for the reply as always VDR

Running SH5 1.2
TWOS 2.2.21
Encrypted BDU Orfers
Real Nav
SM Interior Food
Wooden Lifeboats
Officer Icons as Stations

Using UBISOFT Connect
Don't run as admin but ill start doing that again.

If i use SH5 Commander, do i have to run that as admin too?

vdr1981 12-08-20 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvadoreno (Post 2712380)

If i use SH5 Commander, do i have to run that as admin too?

Yes, Ubisoft Connect as well. Not sure will it solve the problem for you though...

Salvadoreno 12-08-20 07:06 PM

May be a long shot, but does the freeze occur when you possibly put the nav marker where your uboat would be shown on the map? Causing some type of error within the coding of the mark and your actual position?

I could be giving myself to much credit with my precise marks:Kaleun_Applaud: but, seems to be anytime i mark my position exactly where i think it is, it freezes.

Drakken 12-08-20 10:24 PM

I just saved my game around midnight, September 3rd 1939. On my KSD it states that I was transfered to Kiel on September 2nd, but I did not receive any message telling me so.

Is it normal? Or have I an issue with my Campaign transfer?

Salvadoreno 12-09-20 02:59 AM

I know i am missing this somewhere, even though i've checked the forums over and over again.. But what is the deal with planes never dropping bombs? They just pepper my uboat with MG fire but never drop their visible loadout.

kapuhy 12-09-20 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvadoreno (Post 2712456)
I know i am missing this somewhere, even though i've checked the forums over and over again.. But what is the deal with planes never dropping bombs? They just pepper my uboat with MG fire but never drop their visible loadout.

Could you specify which planes, and at which date this happens? That, and whether you use any mods besides TWoS at all.

Aircraft generally do drop bombs in my tests, though they sometimes need several passes to aim (if a plane misses its approach to target, it pulls up without dropping bombs).

Salvadoreno 12-09-20 02:50 PM

I am in 1943.

Dauntless Dive Bomber
And i believe a Whitley British aircraft with the radar antennas on the nose.

I redownloaded TWOS and have been playing for past few weeks, not one airplane has dropped bombs and i have been detected more than a few times.

0 mods besides

TWOS
Real Nav
Wooden Lifeboats
Interior Food Stocks
Encrypted BDU Orders (all of which came from TWoS download)

I tend to dive but i wanted to test the most recent encounter (with the Dauntless).

It passed (had a great 90 degree angle on med) spraying my boat. I manned the flak, watched it come around for another pass, and shot it down and it landed 10m away from my uboat. So i did not get to see if it would drop bombs again.

I'm gonna fire up my save and just watch the planes next time.

kapuhy 12-09-20 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvadoreno (Post 2712595)
I am in 1943.

Dauntless Dive Bomber
And i believe a Whitley British aircraft with the radar antennas on the nose.

I redownloaded TWOS and have been playing for past few weeks, not one airplane has dropped bombs and i have been detected more than a few times.

0 mods besides

TWOS
Real Nav
Wooden Lifeboats
Interior Food Stocks
Encrypted BDU Orders (all of which came from TWoS download)

I tend to dive but i wanted to test the most recent encounter (with the Dauntless).

It passed (had a great 90 degree angle on med) spraying my boat. I manned the flak, watched it come around for another pass, and shot it down and it landed 10m away from my uboat. So i did not get to see if it would drop bombs again.

I'm gonna fire up my save and just watch the planes next time.

Whitley's not in TWoS (that must have been VLR Wellington), but I just tried to test Dauntless and it did drop bombs in second pass. If you can, try to reload the save and see what happens if you don't dive/shoot it down.

Chief Franco 12-09-20 07:20 PM

Patrol Date

Hello all. Was wondering if the current patrol date is displayed in SH3 Gray Wolves. Thanks

derstosstrupp 12-11-20 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Franco (Post 2712631)
Hello all. Was wondering if the current patrol date is displayed in SH3 Gray Wolves. Thanks

This is SH5. Your question goes here:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182

fitzcarraldo 12-14-20 10:01 PM

Hello mates:

I have this little graphic problem. I know there is a fix somewhere in the TWoS thread, but I canīt find it.

The antenna is down and moving...No way to restore it to the normal position.

TWoS 2.2.21, but I have the problem from 2.2.20, in my actual campaign with a VIIC.

https://i.imgur.com/l9j5Slj.jpg

Some solution for this? :hmmm:

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 12-15-20 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2713687)
Hello mates:

I have this little graphic problem. I know there is a fix somewhere in the TWoS thread, but I canīt find it.

The antenna is down and moving...No way to restore it to the normal position.

TWoS 2.2.21, but I have the problem from 2.2.20, in my actual campaign with a VIIC.

https://i.imgur.com/l9j5Slj.jpg

Some solution for this? :hmmm:

Many thanks and regards.

Had exactly the same problem on my last patrol but the bunker technicians solved it out when I got back to port...:yep: Did you suffer any damage to your U-boat in that patrol?:hmmm:

fitzcarraldo 12-15-20 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2713887)
Had exactly the same problem on my last patrol but the bunker technicians solved it out when I got back to port...:yep: Did you suffer any damage to your U-boat in that patrol?:hmmm:

I have some little damage in the hull, of that not solved in patrol and with eternal hammering....I have now a long way to Lorient (Iīm going to my mission quadrant via Dakar, I will do some hunting and then I will return to base). Could be that?

Many thanks!