SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Mods Workshop for Cold Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   [No Threads Allowed - Post Suspension] Cold Waters Epic Mod 2.12 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245304)

Santini 09-11-20 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkulSS (Post 2694925)
Hello! Thanks for the report, fixed it, download the mod again

From the google drive link?

Swordsman422 09-11-20 12:21 PM

Where can I find the English version please?

steel shark 09-11-20 12:51 PM

Epic Mod 2.23 Language

fire up the game then go to options UNDER ( GAME ) there are 2 options for voice and language they on slider bars 2 choices :

so

Voice Russian or English

Language Russian or English

try that

Steel Shark

Swordsman422 09-11-20 02:25 PM

There it is. Thanks!

xceptor 09-12-20 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel shark (Post 2694681)
Surface ships have ammunition limits on :

Torpedoes

RBU-Launchers

decoys

I dunno if its my fault, everytime i try to play surface fleet with kirov, the ship starts emerging from underwater to about 3 meters above water and its destroyed. That didnt happen last version. Im also using the tweaked epic version ver 3 so Im not 100% its an epic mod issue or something else.

UPDATE> I did a clean install of the game and the epic mod 2.23 only. Issue isnt there anymore. So I guess the epic mod tweak ver 3 has some serious issues and broke the surface game. Im not using it anymore. Epic mod 2.23 works perfectly anyway

steel shark 09-12-20 11:01 AM

20 to 50 kyd

humm yes its that 20 to 50 kyd mod i only really play as submarines and that is not effected so i dident notice ill fiddle with it or just rip it out then put it back up thank you for bringing it to my attention

as for issues that is just modding mate so nothing is ever going to be 100%

you can have large corporation company's that miss stuff and make mistakes
so im no different bar im a one person show

Steel Shark

steel shark 09-12-20 11:32 AM

k all good

i just ripped out the 20 to 50 k code changes and all good ive tested it too on surface ships & subs so no issues

Steel Shark

xceptor 09-12-20 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel shark (Post 2695153)
humm yes its that 20 to 50 kyd mod i only really play as submarines and that is not effected so i dident notice ill fiddle with it or just rip it out then put it back up thank you for bringing it to my attention

as for issues that is just modding mate so nothing is ever going to be 100%

you can have large corporation company's that miss stuff and make mistakes
so im no different bar im a one person show

Steel Shark

Sorry, didnt realise how insesitive my post was. To use your tweaked mod meant I like it, so please accept my thanks and GOOD JOB! Thanks for your time and effort trying to mod a mod:)

Now that im here, I wanted to say that I really really enjoyed how you made the bottom of the sea being visible even if its really deep, and especially how you made it have Whole mountains.

Also, maybe its all in my head, but I have a feeling that the sounds of war (firing torps, missiles etc) its louder in your mod and it felt more realistic.

keep it up!

steel shark 09-12-20 01:54 PM

Learning curve

i will all ways learn more from mistakes & errors

my main problem is time i use my free time to mainly mod so that i dont get time for proper testing ive never actually used a surface ship in 2.23 un till your post to day
so Very Glad for your input

as i view ocean vessels in two category,s

Submarines & Targets

i spent a lot of time doing sounds i like em noticeable but not too loud
doing the mic bleeps took ages .....for crew voices

so Glad you like the sound

i would have found out next week tho as im making my redone surface huds

new UZO style bridge mounted binoculars totally redesigned hud so no depth controls visible

you stay safe Mate

p.s try out new fixed version of Tweaks III it should be ok now

Steel Shark

507 09-12-20 05:49 PM

Thanks

I'd like to add my thanks too. You have transformed the game in such a short time I had no idea you were a one man band. I particularly like your red transient noise markers and that they are persistent,also the 50,000 yard mod.gives one time to plan and think before the torpedoes fly.would it be possible to show sonobuoys and hovering helicopters on the tatical map so we have an idea where they are trying to triangulate on us. kind regards stay safe from down under

xceptor 09-12-20 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwmurt (Post 2694471)
hello all thank you very much for all the work on epic mod!

first time installer and i might have a problem: all units on the global/strategic map 2000 nato campaign global is moving very very fast, much more noticeable than vanilla and playable subs mod.

is there a setting etc. that i need to tweak for them to slow it all down?

em2.23 + steel sharks latest tweak that he mentioned above, cheers tia.

They forgot a "0" for a setting. go to your gamedata, overide, streaming assets etc, campaigns, campaign 3 I think is the one with the problem. Open the text file and look for MapTimeCompression=3600. If its 3600 its ok. The campaign with the issue has 360. Just add a "0"

SkulSS 09-13-20 03:59 AM

New update 2.23 with fixes

Hi! Link is updated 13.09.20, critical fixes in USSR Campaigns :salute:

Tucker 09-15-20 11:52 AM

Los Angeles Class armament

This is an amazing mod, thank you for all your hard work, SkulSS. :Kaleun_Salute:

But I do have one quick question, I am currently playing the beta campaign for NATO 1984 campaign and the Los Angeles Class doesn't have harpoon or tomahawk missiles available to it. Why is this? Especially when the Flight II boats are also available in the campaign and can use both of them. Thanks!

steel shark 09-15-20 12:32 PM

Variants

im guessing it depends on what date that los Angeles represents

to get round this i do Variant types for each class i make so for example my los Angeles Class Line would be :

los Angeles_flt1_76 / type ssn (Original Version)

los Angeles_flt1_78 / type ssn (harpoon Version)

los Angeles_flt1_83 / type ssn (Tomahawk Version)

los Angeles_flt1_88 / type ssn (Mk48 ADCAP Version)

los Angeles_flt1_00_imp1 / type ssn (Refit Version)

los Angeles_flt1_00_imp2 / type ssn (End of Life Version)

Actual Decommissioned dates are all over the place as this class of Nuclear Attack submarine is the largest in the world but i believe the last one was scheduled to be Decommissioned in 2020 ish (USS Olympia)

the Numbers Represent Vessel Equipment Change Dates so 1978 is the Harpoon Entry in to service and Default Equip Hence los Angeles_flt1_78

all changes are in the Vessel read me,s too for Information :

[Unit Reference]
ShipClass=Los Angeles
Description=SSN-688 Los Angeles Flt-1 Los Angeles-class Nuclear Attack Submarine (1978 Harpoon Version)
History=In service since 1978, this class was the first to be designed from the outset with a towed array, and the first to return to the 30+ knot speed of the Skipjacks. Originally designed to screen carrier groups against Soviet submarines, they combine high speed with excellent digital sonar and firecontrol, and the most advanced quieting available. With the addition of Harpoon Anti-Ship missiles, these boats are as capable against enemy shipping as they are against submarines. the decoy launcher is now a larger 25 rounds. Their only drawback is their very expensive cost and large size, that makes them and less maneuverable and deep-diving than the earlier Sturgeons.

by doing this i can add different radars , towed arrays Torpedo types , Missile types Quietening Methods ect

and you can choose your version more easily
or let random vessel assignment have even more choice to pick from

Steel Shark

steel shark 09-16-20 06:02 AM

bugged vessels (Cold Waters Epic Mod 2.23 (13.09.20)

Cold Waters Epic Mod 2.23 (13.09.20)

ive been looking at few vessels in epic mod there are errors that need fixing for example

usn_68_ssn_sturgeon_un

[Weapon Systems]
TorpedoTypes=usn_mk37,usn_mk16
TorpedoNumbers=12,11
TorpedoTubes=4
NumberOfWires=2
TubeConfig=1,1,1,1
TorpedoTubeSize=533,533 <---- Needs 2 more so should be 533,533,533,533
TubeReloadTime=45

so you wont be able to use (usn_68_ssn_sturgeon_un) at all

also the typhoon has 6 tubes should have 7 counting vls

theirs multiple errors on other single missions too

however as i make mods my self i know all to well theirs a load of data to check & this mod represents the future Growth of coldwaters

Steel Shark

Mr.Rooster 09-27-20 12:12 PM

New mod

Question, have or would you consider putting the model of the SSBN USS Seaview to the mod? I think it would be a cool and fun thing to play in the game. Thank you

Polundra 09-30-20 04:37 AM

Just awesome!

Thank you! For creating this awesome mod. I found and installed this epic improvement just one week ago, but wow great accomplishment.

steel shark 09-30-20 11:08 AM

thank you

thanks its comments like that that are very appreciated

to keep me interested in modding for others so Thank you

as for sea view i could possibility make it if the eternal argument as to which way the torpedo tubes fire has been settled because it seems hey load backward facing but fire out forward

also while im on these are the latest epic water,s improvements

ive adjusted the maximum Sonar error range to 3 kyd

so it cant be anymore than that

so no more vast differences in actual position distance when you get a high solution

see Pics 1 , 2 ,3

on this test which was test 2 i got a consistent range with in the error margins ive set so :

PIC.1) low solution 40% 19 kyd

PIC.2) medium solution 83% 17.5 kyd

PIC.3) max solution 95% = 18 kyd

"Also remember that im moving and so is the contact so that has to be taken in to consideration of course regarding distance gain or loss"

as some of you may have noticed ive removed the enemy sensor readings so now

you only get your own

&

instead it now only shows enemy sensor types that are detected on that contact so i named it "CONTACT SENSORS"

so this will make the game harder

as you wont know the enemy's sensor levels it will also mean using the identification book to look up what sensors are equipped on the various contacts to gauge their sensor capability's

this plus experience of the vessels over time will give a good added depth to judging when you are in danger of being detected

also you will need to take in to account the conditions more so ect ;

is their a thermal layer

how loud is the back ground ocean noise

how close is the ocean floor

& how loud your own vessel is

as these factors will matter in how close you can safely get without fear of being detected

pic 4 shows the 60,s Sonar station for BQQ-2 & BQQ-3 signature panel

The target in this case a Don Submarine Tender dose not have sonar sensors so none are shown

im making the new virginia full glass ones & the BQQ-5 / 6 sonar one,s atm
then illl finish up the NATO then do Russian ones

Steel Shark

Dignan 10-02-20 09:17 AM

Great work here. :Kaleun_Salute:

Would it be possible to release a mod with just the sounds you've added to Epic Mod for those of us not ready to make the full leap into the mod?

steel shark 10-02-20 11:27 AM

sure that wont be a problem

which epic mod you want Audio mod for ?

2.22 or 2.23 ?

i suppose i could make a duel mod that contains both then its not a problem

Steel Shark