SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Silent Hunter 5 & Windows 10 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=221384)

THEBERBSTER 12-23-18 06:04 AM

Hi Max
After your point 3 you need to do this.
Post #74 Run Both SH5.exe And Ubisoft Game Launcher Application's As Administrator's > Pictorial
Now start your game from the SH5.exe.
Your game should load to the main menu.
You can use the Esc key when the girl's picture appears.
Make sure your gpu is setup correctly for all SH games
Post #239 Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings > Essential Settings > Pictorial
Peter

rmax 12-24-18 10:30 AM

Solved: Thanks for your help

Peter et al. thanks for all your help.

The issue was that the game was not updating to 1.2.0. I had to do this manually. Now I can at least go into the Museum.

Madame Kaulein will not be happy as it is Christmas, but I am looking forward to the first patrol (yet again) off the coast of Poland.

Frohe Weihnachten!

rmax 12-24-18 12:03 PM

Solved: Thanks for your help

Frau Rmax had a shower,so managed to slip port at Memel to head SSW to the bay of Danzig at 21:00 GMT. Thanks for all your help.

THEBERBSTER 12-24-18 12:46 PM

Hi max
Quote:

The issue was that the game was not updating to 1.2.0. I had to do this manually.
That is interesting because your point 3.
Quote:

3. Run Sh5 and Update Sh5 through Uplay
You stated it had been updated which is why I did not mention it in my post.

You can always check your game version by hovering your mouse over the SH5.exe
Peter

rmax 12-24-18 06:11 PM

Still problems

Thanks Peter. I thought it had updated as the Uplayer had said that it was updating, but clearly not. I had updated the SH5 to admin too (although not Uplayer).

However now when I just tried to restart the game, I am back to a small screen, the Ubisoft logo running and then crashing to desktop! Argghhh. This game is SOOO good and SOOO frustrating to get working!

I will have another go tomorrow (if time).

rmax 01-27-19 04:42 AM

OK finally got back to fixing this:

1. Completed the upgrade ensuring that UPLAY has upgraded the Sh5 exe correctly (as above)

In the compatability
2. Set the exe to being in Admin Mode
3. Set the Disable Full screen optimisations
4. Go into Change High DPI Settings:
5. Program DPI ticked
6. Override high DPI scaling factor for Applications

This seems to work!

So now back in the Danzig bay, and can see a U-boat at 4300m, heading nearly 180 and not flying a flag. I am taking a course to intercept.

THEBERBSTER 01-27-19 06:32 AM

Hi max

What you are now describing has now become the basic installation setup for SH5. The exception being point 4 which may or may not be needed depending on the players system.
Peter

Haruko 02-13-19 07:51 AM

I have managed to play all of them on Windows 10 but not very successfully on a laptop. None will take a very high resolution as they are very old games by today's standards and uPlay is next to useless as far as SH-5 is concerned

Smss 09-09-19 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmsway! (Post 2338967)
you may have to change the SH5.exe properties | Compatibility and check 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' ...as well as.... 'Run as administrator'

"Run as administrator"

Um, No.

Sorry, .exe from Romanian developer, you can't run as administrator.

Team Viewer automatically blocks connections from Indian IPs. Same idea.

THEBERBSTER 09-28-19 03:07 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > RobertNocera57
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Jimbuna 09-29-19 06:15 AM

Welcome to SubSim Robert :salute:

Chief Franco 12-01-20 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stev1 (Post 2334338)
Not been on forum for sometime, has anybody heard if Silent Hunter 3, 4 and 5 are compatible with Windows 10.

Ive been playing SH3 on win 10 without a problem

BlancoDC 12-15-20 05:30 PM

SH5 Won't Run!

Newbie to SH5 here. I installed SH5 from DVD. Seemed to install okay, except that it said my GPU wasn't the correct version in the compatibility window. I suspect that is just because it didn't recognize it. Anyway, I tried running SH5.exe, and I get a window that says it's checking for updates. Then another window pops up that says "A SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE. A Ubisoft service is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later." There is a link to Ubisoft support that accesses Ubisoft, but nothing helpful for this problem. Clicking the OK button in the window results in the program crashing to the desktop. I have downloaded TWOS and tried following the instructions for that to see if I could get it running with TWOS. I set SH5.exe to Windows 7 compatibility and to run as administrator. Same result. I was able to update to version 1.2 using gu.exe, however. SH5 still won't run. I suspect that checking for updates is the problem, but I can find no way to bypass that step. In TWOS instructions, it references turning off web and update access, but it appears that the software needs to successfully start to do so. So, any ideas on how to get this thing running so I can install TWOS? Thanks for your help!

BlancoDC 12-18-20 10:37 PM

Answer my own question . . .

In what I thought was an unrelated thread, I found the answer. I downloaded a new version of Ubisoft Game Launcher Installer, uninstalled the version that came with the DVD, and installed the new version. After that (and a few error messages along the way), SH5 now runs fine. I was able to install TWOS, which happened exactly as described in the TWOS installation guide.

Now to start a campaign!

Aktungbby 12-19-20 03:10 AM

welcome aboard!

BlancoDC!:Kaleun_Salute:

ingsoc39 03-30-21 03:39 PM

I ran an non modded version of SH5 on Win 10 with no problems at all.

Uneetra 05-19-21 03:19 AM

Hello

I have been a silent reader for a long while now in the SH5 section.
Now I need to register and ask for help.
I am running SH5 steam + WOS and since last windows 10 update few days ago, the game gave up.
The game loads up to start screen, I load a game and it crashes to desktop upon finished loading (where the game should start).
Problem concerns all my saves.
Returning system to previous point before update does not help.
Can it be related to the Micro C+++ updates???

Any ideas?

rotten_apples 05-19-21 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uneetra (Post 2748565)
Hello

I have been a silent reader for a long while now in the SH5 section.
Now I need to register and ask for help.
I am running SH5 steam + WOS and since last windows 10 update few days ago, the game gave up.
The game loads up to start screen, I load a game and it crashes to desktop upon finished loading (where the game should start).
Problem concerns all my saves.
Returning system to previous point before update does not help.
Can it be related to the Micro C+++ updates???

Any ideas?

I can't help here, but im curious as to how to get SH5 steam version running with WoS on Windows 10 myself ... is it as simple as running the installer? im guessing not ... then to see if it works on updated Win10

Uneetra 05-20-21 03:40 AM

installation went smooth without any need for my intervention.
I have been playing for few months now, and this happened.
it is a pity.
If I fail to resolve the issue probably I will have to abandon this game...

propbeanie 05-21-21 06:38 PM

With my Steam SH5, I have had to use the SH5 properties page and change some of the settings there. I assume you do not have the Steam Library folder and game in a Program Files folder, since you say you have had TWoS working previously. Navigate into your SH5 folder, and right-click on the SH5.exe file. Choose "Properties" at the bottom of the context menu list. Then left-click on the "Compatibility" tab, and try changing a few of the settings.

https://i.imgur.com/bP46VIS.jpg

That picture is from my SH4 install, posted in SH4 won't start after recent Win10 update but most of the same "technique" applies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tQ7yUvbYxA

Your mileage may vary... I have several computers, and each has a different configuration on that properties page. It depends upon your hardware and Windows set-up. :salute: