SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5: Bugs, glitches, and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162462)

ddrgn 03-01-10 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragtag (Post 1285507)
How did you add that?
I'm getting the ping but no depth report.

I was having trouble getting it to work as well, I havent played today but if i remember correctly it wasent working when surfaced

[Cmd130]
Name=Get_depth_under_sub_keel
Contexts=1,15
MnID=0x3F250005
Key0=0x44,c,"CTRL D"

try it submerged, hmm or maybe it was that it wouldnt say over 1000m, it doesent say anything, try depth under keel in shallower waters

CCIP 03-01-10 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrgn (Post 1286105)
I was having trouble getting it to work as well, I havent played today but if i remember correctly it wasent working when surfaced

[Cmd130]
Contexts=1,15
MnID=0x3F250005
Key0=0x44,c,"CTRL D"

try it submerged, hmm or maybe it was that it wouldnt say over 1000m, it doesent say anything, try depth under keel in shallower waters

Hmm, let me look into it. It was definitely reporting something for me before...

Ragtag 03-01-10 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrgn (Post 1286105)

[Cmd130]
Contexts=1,15
MnID=0x3F250005
Key0=0x44,c,"CTRL D"

I got it working. You have to start the patrol over.

PhantomLord 03-01-10 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1284622)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kTWwJ9NQbY this explains what is happening .

Arrrr... this video contains Sony Music... blabla and is not available in your country. :damn:

Elder-Pirate 03-01-10 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 1285335)
You got me there, wouldn't have a clue,:hmmm: certainly I know in SH3 it was deliberately, through a mod, removed!:yep:

Yes I remember the mod but why? The U-Bootes really did have the "Jack- Staff" at the bow.

Did no one see the small pic ( my post #51, this thread ) of the brand new U-Boot at Kiel coming out with the flag on the jack-staff?

Also read the text next to that pic.

SHIII mod to remove staff was someones idea, not from real life.

The SHV Jack-Staff is real so why Mod it out?? Bad idea.

CCIP 03-01-10 04:24 PM

Re: watch not reporting contacts.

Hm, this is pretty bizzare. I've run into this today, even though earlier they were talking and reporting "smoke on the horizon" on the same patrol. The TC dropped and I could hit my key combo for "nearest visual contact" just fine, but at least while I was on the bridge myself, the crew didn't say a word about a convoy that showed up.

Maybe that's a "feature" where as long as your captain is on the bridge, the watch assumes you know? Wonder what's up here :hmmm:

raymond6751 03-01-10 04:24 PM

Not happy

Two real issues, three if you count the minimal info in the manual.

1> The crew don't come on deck after surfacing. (career mode) This even after a shut down and reload game.

2> Cannot dock at Kiel after mission. I reached the final mark but nothing happened. I sent radio status, nothing. Ran back and forth over mark for Kiel anchor, nothing.

CCIP 03-01-10 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymond6751 (Post 1286452)
Two real issues, three if you count the minimal info in the manual.

1> The crew don't come on deck after surfacing. (career mode) This even after a shut down and reload game.

2> Cannot dock at Kiel after mission. I reached the final mark but nothing happened. I sent radio status, nothing. Ran back and forth over mark for Kiel anchor, nothing.

1. They didn't do it in the training mission for me either. Maybe because they didn't think I'm the captain. Afterwards though I had no problem.

2. Did you click on the Kiel sub base icon? Did you see an anchor icon show up? I had to click the anchor, then select "end patrol" when near the sub pens, and it worked just fine.

CCIP 03-01-10 04:28 PM

Hmm, more re: watch reporting contact

Just noticed that while my watch is quiet, the hydrophone man starts talking even though I'm on the surface. Maybe it's a submerged/surface state issue?

CCIP 03-01-10 04:33 PM

Another graphics issue similar to the moon - this time I'm guessing with the way earth's curvature is modeled.

Ships at a distance (in this case, about 7km) look submerged through optics.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...spb2006/w3.jpg

Hopefully that's also an easy fix.

etheberge 03-01-10 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 1286492)
Another graphics issue similar to the moon - this time I'm guessing with the way earth's curvature is modeled.

Nice catch for this and the moon thing. And your screens are awesome. :yeah:

CCIP 03-01-10 04:58 PM

Thanks!

Ugh, now I'm having some obvious issues. The crew have become awfully unresponsive. They refuse to go to battle stations or man guns.

I'm looking at it and I see that morale is at 0. Why? No idea. I haven't done anything wrong. It was fine the day before. All I did was order "Silent Running" and some manuevers a couple of times. But wait a second, my crew won't do anything if they are in a bad mood, including go out and fight? What kind of a sissy boat is that? :doh:

I hope that's not what it is, but whatever it is, it better get fixed. Some "abilities" need to have no "cost" - otherwise how can I even operate? :nope:

SteamWake 03-01-10 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 1286552)
Thanks!

Ugh, now I'm having some obvious issues. The crew have become awfully unresponsive. They refuse to go to battle stations or man guns.

I'm looking at it and I see that morale is at 0. Why? No idea. I haven't done anything wrong. It was fine the day before. All I did was order "Silent Running" and some manuevers a couple of times. But wait a second, my crew won't do anything if they are in a bad mood, including go out and fight? What kind of a sissy boat is that? :doh:

I hope that's not what it is, but whatever it is, it better get fixed. Some "abilities" need to have no "cost" - otherwise how can I even operate? :nope:

You have to go out and collect 10 giggle berrys and give them to the cook. The cook will make giggleberry soup level 4 and improve the ships moral.;)

Elder-Pirate 03-01-10 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 1286492)

Hope this is taken care of:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/lit.jpg

Can't see where your going let alone where you've been. :D

frau kaleun 03-01-10 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteamWake (Post 1286554)
You have to go out and collect 10 giggle berrys and give them to the cook. The cook will make giggleberry soup level 4 and improve the ships moral.;)

Also try walking through the ship and patting everyone on the bum once or twice.

It doesn't help, of course - it's just that I like picturing it in my mind. :O:

CCIP 03-01-10 05:07 PM

Well, I may have over-reacted a little. It may be an issue with my own command keys that I need to review. It seems like there are uh... two kinds of silent running/battle stations in the game (one called up through "special abilities", the other being something else entirely), and it may be that my keys are addressing the wrong kinds. I might just need to disable this for now.

However I still can't get my crew on the guns.

ddrgn 03-01-10 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 1286577)
Well, I may have over-reacted a little. It may be an issue with my own command keys that I need to review. It seems like there are uh... two kinds of silent running/battle stations in the game (one called up through "special abilities", the other being something else entirely), and it may be that my keys are addressing the wrong kinds. I might just need to disable this for now.

However I still can't get my crew on the guns.

All the old keys are there but whether they function the same is to be determined....

CCIP 03-01-10 05:18 PM

Yeah. And what's worse, the function is there too, but potentially not working right.

Had to remove those keys from my mod, see if that helps me...

CCIP 03-01-10 05:31 PM

Nope, no such luck. I think I've pinned it down to morale after all. After I reloaded my save game, my crew's morale is inexplicably at 0. It may have 0'd after I stopped for resupply at helgoland - maybe along with my supplies being reset to 100, my morale reset to 0. It shouldn't be - and the stupid thing is, since I'd chatted to all of them before resupplying, for now it seems like there's nothing more than have to say, so I can't "buy" any morale that way.

Ironically, my cook and bosun both have abilities that can raise morale. But those abilities require morale to be non-0 to use.

So the bottom line is, crew without morale just fails to do anything. I understand why they weren't reporting contacts - apparently they feel so crappy they've become blind with depression.

Oh my goodness Ubisoft, really? Please fix this. I'm all for morale being a serious, even decisive factor in the game and I applaud the crew management aspects. But this is just ridiculous. I'm stuck on a boat where the crew won't even go up to their stations. That's completely unacceptable, but it's the only thing I can explain this with. In single missions, identical boats have no problem manning their guns; and it seems like the only difference here is indeed morale. Abilities like that as well as crew's basic functions (like spotting ships properly) absolutely cannot be tied THAT closely to morale. Morale should also never randomly reset or go down to "0" in this fashion.

Safe-Keeper 03-01-10 05:35 PM

Quote:

I smell cool feature. Is it possible that the game actually simulates a round planet by rendering distant ships below the waterline? If so, it'lll probably look awesome when patched/modded. Only viable explanation I can find, anyway:-?.