SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] A British Med Campaign (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181770)

JU_88 05-06-11 04:51 AM

Still recyling those old GWX 2.0 modles?
I have updated versions I can send you if you want. send me a PM.
T-class is incomplete though, I just havent the the time or energy for it, Knee deep in too many other projects at the moment.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...6/tclass-1.jpg

Work to be done - Textures incomplete, loads more 3d assets needed on the Bridge or it will look bare and crappy in game.
Need hand rails, scopes, radar & radio masts & cables at the absolute minimum (though they had alot more bridge equipment than that).
Needs 20mm Flak gun, plus optional 2 Vickers MG mounted on sides of Bridge (with very limited firing arc)
Deck gun needs placing in the forward turret, you can pinch guns from the Fleet boats but I expect they will look rather fugly and slap-dash.
Aft, the subs need Dive planes and Propellers.

But if you are prepared to put the effort im, you are welcome to the mesh, sorry I can't do any more on it atm. Ive not touched the model since 2009 lol. I guess having a child kinda got in the way.

I stongly recommend you do not filp the 2 aft tubes to face forward if you can help it. the model above is a Group 3 T-class, Group - 1 had the two forwards firing tube amid ships, but the design of the sub looked TOTALLY different to the Group 3.

keltos01 05-06-11 09:24 AM

[QUOTE=JU_88;1658022]Still recyling those old GWX 2.0 modles?

lol ;)

I have updated versions I can send you if you want. send me a PM.

will do !
T-class is incomplete though, I just havent the the time or energy for it, Knee deep in too many other projects at the moment.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...6/tclass-1.jpg

Work to be done - Textures incomplete, loads more 3d assets needed on the Bridge or it will look bare and crappy in game.
Need hand rails, scopes, radar & radio masts & cables at the absolute minimum (though they had alot more bridge equipment than that).
Needs 20mm Flak gun, plus optional 2 Vickers MG mounted on sides of Bridge (with very limited firing arc)
Deck gun needs placing in the forward turret, you can pinch guns from the Fleet boats but I expect they will look rather fugly and slap-dash.
Aft, the subs need Dive planes and Propellers.

But if you are prepared to put the effort im, you are welcome to the mesh, sorry I can't do any more on it atm. Ive not touched the model since 2009 lol. I guess having a child kinda got in the way.

I stongly recommend you do not filp the 2 aft tubes to face forward if you can help it.
:oops:

the model above is a Group 3 T-class, Group - 1 had the two forwards firing tube amid ships, but the design of the sub looked TOTALLY different to the Group 3.

understood ! :salute:

keltos

JapLance 05-06-11 11:07 AM

That T-Class looks great, JU_88, but unfortunately I'm rubbish at 3D modeling. For the moment we will have to carry on with what we have, which looks good enough for me :yeah:.

JU_88 05-06-11 11:51 AM

@ Japlance... well I can try to finish it, but I cant promise that I wont have a nervouse break down in the process :D ... Im spending whay too much time in front of 3ds atm.
Japlance do you want an updated Adua sub? How about a MAS 21 torpeedo boat. plus i got a bout a dozen ATO aircraft, just drop me PM and Ill send you wnat ever you want.

@ Keltos You have some 3d knowlege under belt dont you mate? (edit* nevermind - just got your PM bud :) )
By the way I wansn't having a go at you about the tubes thing, its fine from a gameplay point of view, i was just thinking in terms of historical accuracy and all. ;)

TopcatWA 05-06-11 05:23 PM

Great Campiagn Mod. Thanks for the effort.:up:

JapLance 05-07-11 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JU_88 (Post 1658274)
@ Japlance... well I can try to finish it, but I cant promise that I wont have a nervouse break down in the process :D ... Im spending whay too much time in front of 3ds atm.
Japlance do you want an updated Adua sub? How about a MAS 21 torpeedo boat. plus i got a bout a dozen ATO aircraft, just drop me PM and Ill send you wnat ever you want.

Thanks, mate. Sent you a PM.

Grateful to all the good comments. Any suggestions, complaints, impressions, stories... whatever, post in this thread :yeah:.

Affront7 05-07-11 07:31 AM

wonderful mod thanks for all the hard work :)

Will you be adding British S-class subs to this at all?

Only problem I've been having is the sometimes the save game won't load but believe might be due to ATI graphics driver/settings.
Only mods are WDAD, WDAD patch then the Med mod

Cheers :)

JapLance 05-07-11 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Affront7 (Post 1658806)
wonderful mod thanks for all the hard work :)

Will you be adding British S-class subs to this at all?

Only problem I've been having is the sometimes the save game won't load but believe might be due to ATI graphics driver/settings.
Only mods are WDAD, WDAD patch then the Med mod

Cheers :)

Hopefully someone someday will create a S-Class sub, but no, for the moment it is not in the plans. You can use the early T-Class and the U-Class.

No idea about your problem with saved games. I have never had a problem with them, but I'm using an NVIDIA card. I've had random crashes to desk while running the campaign, but I have them as well with the stock game sometimes, so I'm not very worried about it.

sidslotm 05-09-11 11:33 AM

Hi JL,

thanks for the MED campaign, amazing work.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/sidslotm

ju 88 updated T Class v1.1

keltos01 05-09-11 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidslotm (Post 1660340)
Hi JL,

thanks for the MED campaign, amazing work.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/sidslotm

ju 88 updated T Class v1.1

he sent it to you??

I had offered to finish it, having implemented his first model... :(

keltos

JU_88 05-09-11 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keltos01 (Post 1660403)
he sent it to you??

I had offered to finish it, having implemented his first model... :(

keltos

No keltos I sent the model to you (and only you) in 3ds format about 20 mins ago at the time of writing.
I dont know what Sidslot has sent in that link but that aint it.
Scared me for a second though Lmao.

keltos01 05-09-11 02:55 PM

got it :)

thanks !

keltos

JU_88 05-09-11 03:14 PM

No probs- and really thank you for taking it on. I look forward to see it in game:)
I think now that SideslotM has provided an update to the orginal T-class in your mod, but im not clear on what he has changed.
Sorry for gettting my wires crossed, too much coffee today :doh:

sidslotm 05-10-11 12:53 AM

sorry fella's

did't mean to create a confusion here. This is the older version of the T Class by JU88, but it's still worth a look and a very good model. All I did was tidy up some little issues is all, also a new paint skin on. Hope your ok with that, original docs are still with JU88's work

keltos01 05-10-11 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidslotm (Post 1660866)
sorry fella's

did't mean to create a confusion here. This is the older version of the T Class by JU88, but it's still worth a look and a very good model. All I did was tidy up some little issues is all, also a new paint skin on. Hope your ok with that, original docs are still with JU88's work

OK ! but the version you shipped was an improvement over the one I released, improvements are good ! :yeah:

let's see about this new model now... ;)

keltos