SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   *** HMS Thanatus Game Thread *** (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=152007)

Raptor1 05-21-09 05:11 PM

*tries to think back a little*

Even if we had such a list, it is probably gone along with the entire reactor compartment...

*stares at Task Force*

I don't think anyone should be left alone outside tonight, just in case somebody might run into trouble. Either way, the lights are still on.

Oberon 05-21-09 05:17 PM

*Oberon shuts the hatch*

"I concur, if anything, we should ALL sleep in the mess hall. It would be perhaps a little safer..."

Raptor1 05-21-09 05:19 PM

So, what about this hatch? Can we fix it with the tools we have?

Task Force 05-21-09 05:25 PM

I dont see why not...:hmmm: might take a while.

Oberon 05-21-09 05:29 PM

"The hatch is not the problem, it's the mag-lock and flood control system, both of which are electronically and mechanically sound...but for some damn reason that I cannot figure...they're just not working...the mag-lock won't disengage, and the vents won't open. You could probably drill a hole through the side of the collar, eventually, and that would flood the mating collar, but then you've still got the mag-lock problem, and even if you were able to get over that problem, you've essentually stopped the rescue craft from making a return journey. And since we only had one sub on the ship and it'll be several days before a new one arrives...you'd be dooming whoever you left behind..."

Raptor1 05-21-09 05:33 PM

Hmm, never heard of such a problem before...

Ah, well, is there anything left for us to do here today? If not, let's go back to the bar, the others might have something to report...Also, I need more juice...

Task Force 05-21-09 05:37 PM

could we.. do everything oberon said, repair it at the ship, and come back.:hmmm:

Oberon 05-21-09 05:44 PM

"Still got the problem with the maglocks...anyway, I've had enough here."

*He shuts the hatches up and locks them before heading for the bar with Raptor*

(Logs off)

Raptor1 05-21-09 05:49 PM

*sits down at the bar, pulls out a picture, looks at it for several seconds, then puts it back and grabs a mug of juice*

Task Force 05-21-09 06:00 PM

Goes to bar with raptor... hey raptor... are we the only people on the sub... the 5 of us... lol its aful quiet in this steel tube...

Silverraptor 05-21-09 06:06 PM

*Walks in*

"Sir!" *Salutes* "Mookiemookie and I have looked everywhere but couldn't find UnderseaLcpl or any of the other scientists. Mookiemookie said he was going to keep looking while I come back and give you the report."

UnderseaLcpl 05-21-09 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverraptor (Post 1104997)
*Walks in*

"Sir!" *Salutes* "Mookiemookie and I have looked everywhere but couldn't find UnderseaLcpl or any of the other scientists. Mookiemookie said he was going to keep looking while I come back and give you the report."

*as if on cue, Undersealcpl edges through the hatch with a double-armload of paperwork and clipboards, which he proceeeds to drop heavily on the bar before pulling a flask from his belt and taking a swig.*

"Did I hear you gentlemen say you were looking for the science team?"

TarJak 05-21-09 07:58 PM

Tarjak follows Undersealcpl through the hatch, his arms full of a laptopn with a number of odd looking electronic apparatus attached to it.

"...and if these readings are correct then I.... Oh... err... hello gentlemen!"

Tarjak looks nervously around the room at the other occupants and moves to a table to relieve himself of the laption and equipment.

SandyCaesar 05-21-09 08:03 PM

"Hello, sir! I take it you'll bunk here for the...uh, night?" SandyCaesar shook his head. He was still acclimated to the 18-hour day, and was still trying to adapt to the civilian 24-hour system. His thoughts were still on trying to contact the surface world...how to let the skimmers know they were here?

TarJak 05-21-09 08:08 PM

"I guess we don't have much choice." at least for tonight. "So is this everyone? I'd have thought there were more of you about."

Tarjak goes to the bar and pours himself a beer.