SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Here we go again-Ukraine once again (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=249066)

Jimbuna 10-15-22 01:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpb6yJ_jlg

Skybird 10-15-22 01:58 PM

Twitter:

The hell with it … even though Starlink is still losing money & other companies are getting billions of taxpayer $, we’ll just keep funding Ukraine govt for free
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 15, 2022

Jimbuna 10-15-22 01:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-QLIEcdH60

Jimbuna 10-15-22 02:02 PM

Russia can destroy USA and Europe with nuclear weapons in half hour, - Musk

American billionaire, founder of SpaceX Elon Musk continues to express his opinion on Russia’s war against Ukraine.

In one of his tweets on October 15, Musk said that Russia can destroy the USA and Europe in less than half an hour if it uses nuclear weapons, Censor.NET reports.

"Russia is capable of completely destroying the USA and Europe with nuclear missiles in less than 30 minutes and vice versa. An amazing number of people do not know this. Of course, it would be crazy to use them, but it is crazy to find yourself in such a situation," Musk is convinced.

It will be recalled that earlier Elon Musk offered Ukraine to give up Crimea, because it "was Russian before Khrushchev's mistake", to hold a referendum on the territories occupied by Russian troops, and to remain a neutral state.

Ukrainian officials responded rather harshly to the billionaire. In response, Musk clarified that he supports Ukraine, but is convinced that the escalation of the war will cause great damage to Ukraine and, possibly, the world.

Subsequently, Musk's company SpaceX warned the Pentagon that it could stop funding the provision of Starlink satellite communications in Ukraine if the department refused to pay tens of millions of dollars a month. The Office of the President of Ukraine noted that Ukraine will find a solution so that satellite communication will continue to work. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3373952

Jimbuna 10-15-22 02:04 PM

Ukraine and 7 other countries joined eighth package of EU sanctions against Russia

Eight countries, including Ukraine, joined the EU Council’s decision to introduce the eighth package of sanctions against Russia, adopted at the beginning of October.

This was reported in the Council of the EU, Censor.NET informs.

"The candidate countries (to the EU. - Ed.) North Macedonia, Montenegro, Albania and Ukraine, the potential candidate country Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the countries of the European Free Trade Association Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, members of the European Economic Area, join this decision Council of the EU," the press release states.

These countries will now ensure that their national policies comply with this decision of the EU Council of 6 October.

"The European Union takes this commitment into account and welcomes it," the EU Council added.

We will remind you that on October 6, the Council of the EU reached an agreement on the eighth package of sanctions against Russia. This package includes restrictions on oil prices, new bans on the import and export of steel, wood, machinery, aviation, plastics, chemicals in the amount of 7 billion euros, as well as sanctions against new individuals and legal entities and companies involved in the war with Ukraine. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3373954

Jimbuna 10-15-22 02:09 PM

Situation with Crimean bridge will provide Ukraine with victory in south, - Hodges

According to him, it was an important blow, whoever did it and however it was executed.

A potentially great victory for Ukraine in the south of the country will become possible in a few months thanks to the situation with the Crimean bridge. This was stated by the former commander of the US Ground Forces on the European continent, Lieutenant General Ben Hodges, reports Censor.NET with reference to UNIAN.

According to him, it was an important blow, whoever did it and however it was executed.

"I think the Ukrainian General Staff continues to do a good job without revealing everything they do, because it makes no sense to publicize Ukraine's capabilities. Therefore, the generals and the government are doing the right thing by not talking about it. Regardless of all this, we see how vulnerable the Russian zone. Because when this bridge is damaged again, or the Russians are unable to adequately repair it, and when the Ukrainian troops return Mariupol, the enemy will no longer have a land corridor to their territory, and Russian forces in Kherson and Crimea may find themselves in a trap. A potentially great victory for Ukraine in that region will become possible in a few months thanks to the situation with the Crimean bridge," Hodges explained.

He added that after the liberation of Crimea, the enemy will no longer have the opportunity to use the peninsula as a launching pad.

"I think most of the drones we've seen over the last few days have been launched from airfields in Crimea. So the sooner Ukrainian forces can push the Russians out of Crimea, the better. The enemy will no longer have the opportunity to use the peninsula as a launch pad." - said the general. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3373984

Jimbuna 10-15-22 02:23 PM

Russian conscripts forced to pay £570 for their own body armour

Many Russian conscripts are being forced to pay approximately £570 for their own body armour, according to the latest British intelligence.

The UK Ministry of Defence said on Saturday that prices for equipment are soaring on Russian resale sites, with the price for a vest tripling since April.

They added that equipment provided by Russia for its troops is “almost certainly lower than the already poor provision of previously deployed troops”.

The MOD said "endemic corruption and poor logistics” continue to be a cause of Russia’s “poor performance” in Ukraine.

Dargo 10-15-22 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2832776)
Twitter:

The hell with it … even though Starlink is still losing money & other companies are getting billions of taxpayer $, we’ll just keep funding Ukraine govt for free
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 15, 2022

The United States government is paying SpaceX to send some Starlink internet terminals to Ukraine despite the company saying that it did not think the government had paid any money to it. The US Agency for International Development (USAID) paid SpaceX for 1,333 Starlink terminals to send to Ukraine, according to a new report in the Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...pacexs-claims/ , At a price of $1,500 per terminal, the government agency spent around $2 million for the hardware. SpaceX also sent an additional 3,667 terminals and delivered service to them.

But USAID also paid around $800,000 in transportation costs to deliver these terminals to Ukraine. In total, U.S. taxpayers paid SpaceX more than $3 million.

Musk did deliver, although it's unclear just how much Starlink has actually helped. But we only now know that he did so with lots of help from the U.S. government. And a major assist from the U.S. taxpayer.

ET2SN 10-15-22 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2832779)
Russia can destroy USA and Europe with nuclear weapons in half hour, - Musk

Gee, no ####? Maybe we should build some of our own. :up:

Skybird 10-15-22 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2832779)
It will be recalled that earlier Elon Musk offered Ukraine to give up Crimea, because it "was Russian before Khrushchev's mistake",

Can we Germans have back Danzig? "It was German before Hitler's mistake". And Alaska belongs to the Russians, btw. It was Russian before the Tzar's mistake of selling it too cheap.

Dargo 10-15-22 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2832771)
If it is so easy, why did it need Musk to step forward with his offer back then? And what other company can produce and launch such satellites by the dozens in short time?

None.

Lets face it, Ukraine owes to the man. Heavily. And needs him still.

BTW, it was a Space X capsule that brought back astronauts from the ISS today. Not NASA or ESA.

Thge article says, btw, that he had asked the Pentagon for payment of the mission already before the angry exhnchages started on twitter. His snappy return iposted earlier thus was probably just a comment due to the opportunity to make an ironic scoring point.

No, I still dont trust him blindly. I only try to see it from every angle available.

A billionaire worth $219 billion oppose “losing” 500 million to help a right cause. Mykhailo Dianov donates all ₴23 million, crowdfunded for his rehabilitation, to other servicemen in need of medical treatment. Let’s talk about visions and values.
https://i.postimg.cc/28PWFWXG/Ff-Bx-NAj-WYAAb-Ac0.jpg

Commander Wallace 10-15-22 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET2SN (Post 2832794)
Gee, no ####? Maybe we should build some of our own. :up:

Love it. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:
For a smart guy, Elon can be pretty stupid and says dumb things. I guess Elon doesn't understand how many " boomers " ( ballistic missile submarines ) the U.S has at sea at any one time as part of the U.S nuclear Triad. I'm sure that during times of tension, the U.S has more Boomers at sea as well.

I'm sure Elon doesn't understand what a mirv is. ( multiple independently targeted re-entry vehicles ) Multiply the number of missiles the subs carry by the number of mirvs per missile. That's how many cities in Russia will be wiped off the face of the earth. That says nothing of the nuclear weapons France and England has. Complicated, huh ? :03: The fallout there would continue to kill long after the nuclear exchange, same as in the U.S.

The U.S has some of the very best trained submariners anywhere in the world. Add England to that mix as well. To my knowledge, the U.S has never had a reactor accident at sea. How many has Russia had ? Admiral Rickover might have been a tyrant but his philosophy of incrementalism in the nuclear propulsion field was the right way to go.

I know the little fat man in North Korea doesn't get it that his country could be wiped out by a boomer not even using it's full compliment of missiles.

I'm not sure where Elon went to school but he should go and get his money back. Elon should just stick to Paypal and Tesla and things he understands.

Skybird 10-15-22 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dargo (Post 2832796)
A billionaire worth $219 billion oppose “losing” 500 million to help a right cause. Mykhailo Dianov donates all ₴23 million, crowdfunded for his rehabilitation, to other servicemen in need of medical treatment. Let’s talk about visions and values.

Just because he is rich does not mean you have claim for him or that he owes service to you. You have mno claim there. ;)

BTW, Musk is an Asperger. He indeed may see things differently a bit, has problems to perceive some things like you and I would see them, and see other things smarter than you and me can. Asperger people are more focussed, linear, at the cost of not handling well intense stimuli influx and wide open shutters in their "lenses". Its not always clear to me when he said strange things or made strange actions in the past where he does that intentionally and manipulatively, or is victim of his different signal processing routines and perception schemes. Certain is one thing only: the perception filters for intense Asperger people and less or no asperger people, are different.

And Asperger or not, the man has drive. His success proves his way - well, successful.

None of this give anyone claim for/over him. He has no obligation at all to have stepped forward and help Ukraine out half a year ago. None whatever. Any speculation about why he did it, is just this: speculation.

No, I still do not trust him blindly, due to what I said here, amongst others. Still, I try to see him with a broader viewing angle. Thus, I can be wrong with my scepticism about him.

Dargo 10-15-22 03:42 PM

Russia military range shooting leaves 11 dead, 15 wounded

MOSCOW (AP) — Two men on Saturday fired at troops at a Russian military firing range near Ukraine, killing 11 and wounding 15 others, before getting killed, the Russian Defense Ministry said.

The ministry said in a statement that the shooting took place in the Belgorod region in southwestern Russia that borders Ukraine. It said that the two men from an unnamed ex-Soviet nation fired on soldiers during target practice and were killed by return fire.

The ministry called the incident a terrorist attack.

The shooting comes amid a hasty mobilization ordered by President Vladimir Putin to beef up Russian forces in Ukraine — a move that triggered protests and caused hundreds of thousands to flee Russia.

Putin said on Friday that over 220,000 reservists already had been called up as part of an effort to recruit 300,000.

Even though the Russian leader declared that only people who had recently served in the military will be subject to the call-up, activists and rights groups reported military conscription offices rounding up people without any army experience — some of whom were also unfit for service for medical reasons.

Some of the freshly called-up reservists posted videos of them being forced to sleep on the floor or even outside and given rusty weapons before being sent to the front lines.

Authorities have acknowledged that the mobilization was often poorly organized and promised to improve the situation.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-mi...97a30001d7c968

Aktungbby 10-15-22 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dargo (Post 2832802)

The ministry called the incident a terrorist attack.

:timeout: :hmmm: :haha: :har: :k_rofl:...a terrorist act by terrorists in an officially declared terrorist state....:woot: compared to what standard I wonder?:hmmm: