SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Silent Hunter 5 Tactics & Tips - "How do I?" & FAQ! READ IF YOU ARE STUCK (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162934)

BigBANGtheory 01-23-14 12:10 PM

Can warships shell you when submerged/periscope depth?

donw 01-23-14 02:02 PM

Not in my experiences Mate...
Only during the transition to or from.. while any part of your boat is visibly surfaced

Mikemike47 01-23-14 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donw (Post 2166990)
Not in my experiences Mate...
Only during the transition to or from.. while any part of your boat is visibly surfaced

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBANGtheory (Post 2166937)
Can warships shell you when submerged/periscope depth?

Yes, they can shell you at submerged/periscope depth since I have been hit by destroyers on multiple campaigns. I left my periscope up scanning the convoy too long.
I play with mods that give you the ability to turn off automatic lowering of scopes once you leave the station. I do not know what stock 1.2 does anymore for this option by default.

BigBANGtheory 01-24-14 04:43 AM

I wonder if its the IRAI mod, in my OH II campaign its 1939 and feels like I'm getting sniped with shells just raising the attack scope for a peek at the extreme visual detection range of a Polish destroyer :timeout:. I guess its possible that an Elite AI crew randomly spawned and is on high alert :arrgh!:

orlos2 02-03-14 06:30 PM

I just installed balkon gerat in my sub and I pick signals when surfaced. Is this historical?

robert4260 02-09-14 01:25 PM

Faiklureto load.

Good Afternoon All,

Question: All was running fine and I upgraded additional memory, new power supply, and Nvidia 650 graphics card. Now with version 1.20 when I launch from Uplay there is sound by a black screen. I uninstalled the re-installed with and the game ran fine. I upgraded to latest version because I wanted to use the SH3 controls and now I am back to loading sound and a black screen. I can go back to the original version but I want to use the SH 3 control system. Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks for any help.

Bob R.:/\\!!

Sherfire 02-25-14 03:31 AM

Ahoy m8's,

I'm new to this site and game. It's remarkable how many dedicated captains there are doing all this work to make the game better. So thanks!

Quick question which I haven't found the answer for.

When traveling between waypoints hitting the "0" key on the number pad sets the rudder amidship and takes control of the rudder. How do I give control back so the ship will follow the waypoints?

Thanks

THEBERBSTER 02-25-14 07:14 AM

A warm welcome “sherfire” to the Subsim family. :subsim:

You will always find someone here to help you. :)

Sorry I cannot help you with your query as I do not use waypoints. :down:

Weinstube 02-25-14 07:49 AM

Avoid steam

Gentlemen, good day to you

For a very long time now I’m using Steam for the flight simulator Cliffs of Dover . Now I have installed the Silent Hunter 5 gold edition dvd (with the updates) on my hard disk. Starting the game for the first time I had of course to identify myself to UPLAY. But after clicking on entry PLAYING, UPLAY led me to Steam and it turned out that I had to download also the Steam version of SH5. That would gave me two installs of the game and that seems a bit superfluous. Besides that some people on the Forum say the Steam version interferes with mods that’s why I would prefer the dvd-install.
How can I play the dvd version without intervention by Steam?

Gunsilnger 02-25-14 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherfire (Post 2178483)
Ahoy m8's,

I'm new to this site and game. It's remarkable how many dedicated captains there are doing all this work to make the game better. So thanks!

Quick question which I haven't found the answer for.

When traveling between waypoints hitting the "0" key on the number pad sets the rudder amidship and takes control of the rudder. How do I give control back so the ship will follow the waypoints?

Thanks

Ahoy Sherfire, I'm not sure about the other UIs, but in stock, or the UI I'm using (TDW NewUI with TDC 7.5.0), you can click "return to course" down by the speed/rudder control. I believe its a blue button, right but the one that changes controls from basic to advanced.

Hope this helps,

Happy Hunting! :arrgh!:

Aktungbby 02-25-14 11:47 AM

welcome aboard Sherfire

:salute:

Jimbuna 02-25-14 12:24 PM

Welcome to SubSim Sherfire :sunny:

Helmsly 02-25-14 07:18 PM

Thanks for making this.

Aktungbby 02-25-14 09:45 PM

welcome aboard Helmsly

:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 02-26-14 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmsly (Post 2178822)
Thanks for making this.

Welcome to SubSim Matey :salute: