SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   2011 SUBSIM Werewolf Game: Intro, Rules, FAQ, & Aftermath (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=184790)

August 07-03-11 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Enigma (Post 1696887)
Maybe this idea is even better.

Neal, is it possible for a next game to give all the participants a new (temporally) logon to subsim?

This is a great idea. It was a little mood breaking to type "Private The Enigma" or Lt. mookiemookie.

Tinman764 07-03-11 10:01 AM

That's an excellent idea.

Onkel Neal 07-03-11 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Enigma (Post 1696887)
Maybe this idea is even better.

Neal, is it possible for a next game to give all the participants a new (temporally) logon to subsim?

Also, since nobody knows who's actual ID is behind the actor's ID, the discovery will become even more fun.

I like that part, would be cool, because then you have one more layer of deception...

mookiemookie 07-03-11 11:36 AM

I really like that idea. Kind of goes along with one of my ideas for the next game - NPCs with their own login and avatar. That way it'd do even more for "immersion" (barf) Of course if you were going to do both, you'd have to make it clear in the beginning who the actual players are so they don't get confused and vote for lynching poor Joe the NPC. If you said something before the game started along the lines of "Ok players, you may encounter NPCs. Their posts will be made in green text." This way you could create new characters on the fly, give your players a push towards some place you wanted them to see, and create a world that feels alive and big.

The Enigma 07-03-11 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1697024)
I really like that idea. Kind of goes along with one of my ideas for the next game - NPCs with their own login and avatar. That way it'd do even more for "immersion" (barf) Of course if you were going to do both, you'd have to make it clear in the beginning who the actual players are so they don't get confused and vote for lynching poor Joe the NPC. If you said something before the game started along the lines of "Ok players, you may encounter NPCs. Their posts will be made in green text." This way you could create new characters on the fly, give your players a push towards some place you wanted them to see, and create a world that feels alive and big.

I've done my best MookieMookie, but I fail to follow your message.

In my idea it should not be revealed who's using a game logon ID (only Neal knows this).
That part remains secret until the game is over.
That's what it makes even more attractive.

mookiemookie 07-03-11 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Enigma (Post 1697076)

In my idea it should not be revealed who's using a game logon ID (only Neal knows this).

No, no one is being revealed at all until the game is over. Players are assigned their role - Enigma plays "Obergefreiter Hans Ullmann", Mookie plays "Sgt Thomas Jones" etc. Who is who is kept a secret until the game is over. But then in addition to the players playing the game, you also have other characters who are not players. "Townsman Joe the Drunk" or "Mayor Petr Kranz". What I'm saying is that you just have to be sure to let the players like Mookie and Enigma know in the beginning that Joe the Drunk and Petr Kranz are story characters only and not suspects for lynching.

Jimbuna 07-03-11 02:26 PM

Quote:

Remember....Neal will be playing the next game :DL

The Enigma 07-03-11 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1697105)
Remember....Neal will be playing the next game :DL

That doesn't need to be a problem.
Neal could assign a moderator with sufficient forum rights to do the game setup.

August 07-03-11 02:31 PM

Quote:

What he means is two classes of game characters.

A player driven one, possibly anonymous as you suggest

and a NPC character controlled by the game master who could appear to interact with the human characters for purposes of helping along the game play.

The Enigma 07-03-11 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 1697114)
What he means is two classes of game characters.

A player driven one, possibly anonymous as you suggest

and a NPC character controlled by the game master who could appear to interact with the human characters for purposes of helping along the game play.

Ah, now I get it.
Indeed, you can introduce such character then too.
I guess, NPC = Non Playing Character.

August 07-03-11 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Enigma (Post 1697120)
Ah, now I get it.
Indeed, you can introduce such character then too.
I guess, NPC = Non Playing Character.

Close, Non Player Character.

Jimbuna 07-03-11 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Enigma (Post 1697113)
That doesn't need to be a problem.
Neal could assign a moderator with sufficient forum rights to do the game setup.

Yeah, possibly :yep:

The Enigma 07-03-11 03:28 PM

I've just donated a few bucks to SubSim.

Another way to say thank you for the fun I had last week here at subsim.

Jimbuna 07-03-11 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Enigma (Post 1697175)
I've just donated a few bucks to SubSim.

Another way to say thank you for the fun I had last week here at subsim.

Well send a few bucks my way for all the entertainment I'm accused of supplying...apparently :03:

The Enigma 07-03-11 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1697181)
Well send a few bucks my way for all the entertainment I'm accused of supplying...apparently :03:

and still are supplying... :haha: