SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Dark Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243322)

WH4K 07-12-20 04:17 PM

Since the game is giving me no indication where I can home-port, the plan is to stop at every still-existing base until I find one where I can "end patrol."

I'd like to snag a Type XXI to finish out the war, if possible.

I do get repairs, fuel, and ammo at each stop though so it could be worse.

Historically, I should now be part of the 33d Flotilla based at Flensburg. But I couldn't end patrol there :(

propbeanie 07-12-20 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WH4K (Post 2682940)
Since the game is giving me no indication where I can home-port, the plan is to stop at every still-existing base until I find one where I can "end patrol."

I'd like to snag a Type XXI to finish out the war, if possible.

I do get repairs, fuel, and ammo at each stop though so it could be worse.

Historically, I should now be part of the 33d Flotilla based at Flensburg. But I couldn't end patrol there :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2681678)
... once the IXA "dies" on that date (no "TransfersTo), you might be put on a IXB, since it is active until August of 1944, where if you are still alive, you might then be put in the IXC, and transfer to Flensburg and the 33d Flotilla...

If you stay out on patrol in the IXB, and miss the transfer to a IXC, you then become the Flying Ductchman, and can never end patrol... that is the nature of the game when a submarine "dies"...

WH4K 07-13-20 07:15 AM

No, I got a Type IXC. Then when I was out on patrol, Lorient fell, now I can't home-port anywhere.

Fifi 07-13-20 07:58 AM

Maybe Propbeanie could explain how to tweak the file for giving an harbor base temporarily :06:

WH4K 07-13-20 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2683032)
Maybe Propbeanie could explain how to tweak the file for giving an harbor base temporarily :06:

If not, I'll just wander until the war's over. Only a few more months.

A real U-boat crew would be lucky to be alive at this point.

Talk about driving home the bleakness of the real war. :(

KaleunMarco 07-13-20 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WH4K (Post 2683139)
If not, I'll just wander until the war's over. Only a few more months.
A real U-boat crew would be lucky to be alive at this point.
Talk about driving home the bleakness of the real war. :(

if you are driving a IXC out of Lorient after 9/1/44, Flensburg should be your new base. Flensburg will be in business from June 44 until the end of the war.
what date is it as you travel from base to base?

Mad Mardigan 07-14-20 01:02 AM

Re: OME:DW's, UBM question...

Just out of curiosity Fifi... :hmmm: , would it be possible to take the pacific uboat missions in the original SH4WotP:UBM's... and incorporate them into Dark Waters.?

I wouldn't mind being able to see of doing a career in that area, as a change of pace from the Atlantic theater :yep: & would imagine that there would be others who would be, as well. I can't speak for them of course, just Myself.

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

KaleunMarco 07-14-20 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2683178)
Just out of curiosity Fifi... :hmmm: , would it be possible to take the pacific uboat missions in the original SH4WotP:UBM's... and incorporate them into Dark Waters.?

I wouldn't mind being able to see of doing a career in that area, as a change of pace from the Atlantic theater :yep: & would imagine that there would be others who would be, as well. I can't speak for them of course, just Myself.

M. M.

jumping in here to help Fifi............

Max, you CAN drive a Uboat in the Indian Ocean with Dark Waters.
Starting in October 1943, you can start a career with a IXC or IXD out of Penang and then in 1944, Djakarta is available.
Stock-Uboat has only a IXD to start a career so this would be an enhancement.
Good luck!

Fifi 07-14-20 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2683234)
jumping in here to help Fifi............

Max, you CAN drive a Uboat in the Indian Ocean with Dark Waters.
Starting in October 1943, you can start a career with a IXC or IXD out of Penang and then in 1944, Djakarta is available.
Stock-Uboat has only a IXD to start a career so this would be an enhancement.
Good luck!

Oh yeah, thanks Marco! I’m not that much on SH4 forum actually... Cause i fall in love with an SH3 megamod.

Sure you can play pacific/Indian theater in DW (even if i never did myself though)
Could be interesting...dunno what Lurker managed with this campaign.

lederhosen 07-14-20 01:29 PM

and which mega mod would that be Fifi?

Fifi 07-14-20 04:01 PM

Onealex megamod :03:

WH4K 07-14-20 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2683165)
if you are driving a IXC out of Lorient after 9/1/44, Flensburg should be your new base. Flensburg will be in business from June 44 until the end of the war.
what date is it as you travel from base to base?

Well, I left Lorient some time before 9/1/44. I don't have my save from just before leaving base (I delete oldest ones as I go) but I do remember being out at sea, probably on the way to or back from Australia, when Lorient went away.

It is now February 1945. Flensburg does not let me "end patrol." No tilted anchor symbol.

I contacted HQ for more orders. Still didn't give me a home port.

KaleunMarco 07-14-20 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WH4K (Post 2683332)
Well, I left Lorient some time before 9/1/44. I don't have my save from just before leaving base (I delete oldest ones as I go) but I do remember being out at sea, probably on the way to or back from Australia, when Lorient went away.
It is now February 1945. Flensburg does not let me "end patrol." No tilted anchor symbol.
I contacted HQ for more orders. Still didn't give me a home port.

wow. that is so odd. your flot should have automagically transferred to Flensburg.
that's a glitsch because i tested that and it worked...at one time.:timeout:
well....crap.
i am not sure what will happen in May 1945. i suspect that the war will end while you are at sea and you will receive a screen stating same.

propbeanie 07-15-20 08:38 AM

Are you being assigned to Australian missions from Lorient, or are you going there on your own? It almost sounds like you either hadn't deleted the Save folder data before starting with a DW career, or that you have bad Save data in the folder. I also tested Lorient transfers (as well as too many others to remember), and never had the issues as you describe. If you stay out in a IXB too long, and don't make it back to Lorient before it ends on 1st September, 1944, then you have no way to "transfer" to the IXC boat, which goes to 33Flot, Flensburg which "opens" on 15 June, 1944 and has a IXC set to NULL, NULL which means it is available its whole life. The Far East boats are the IXC/40, and the IXD2 - that's it. You only either start there, or transfer down if using the Lorient start in June of 1943, with a proper boat. The Bordeaux IXD2 does not go Op Monsun, but to Flensburg. Penang starts in October 1943, and transfers to Djakarta in September of 1944, and you can play there until the war ends for Germany.

If you are being assigned Australian or Indian Ocean missions from Lorient, that means you are falling through the cracks in OM / DW and being assigned Stock missions, which are some strange assignments. But an assignment to Down Under from anywhere in the game other than the Far East commands means there is a problem in your game set-up. If you get a photo recon or deliver supplies, even if in Penang or Djakarta, that means you were assigned a Stock mission, and that should not happen in OM / DW, and is a sign of an issue that needs to be addressed.

WH4K 07-15-20 05:46 PM

That's right, I was assigned an Australia mission out of Lorient not once but twice (or was it 3 times?). Twice in a row, then immediately after upgrading to a IXC.

Same missions where the mission orders were in French. It's now late February 1945 and I've seen a few radio messages in French as well.

I didn't re-use any earlier saves, I started a fresh career in 1939 (out of Wilhelmshaven in a Type IX).