SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

d_ted 03-14-17 06:42 PM

Good Days Cap'ns

Dear vdr1981

I can not find TWoS 1.06_Snapshot.gps file anywhere in SH5 install folder. -Re-Installed and searched twice.

Please explain which TDW Generic Patcher options needed to be enabled and which options must left disabled.

Or if possible please share TWoS 1.06_Snapshot.gps file for me(us).

Thank you.

Edit_1: I did not read 500 pages of comments, please forgive my laziness if mentioned and solved before.

Edit_2:
Code:

Ok I found the file after third install.

Solution: I disabled my AV and reinstalled TWoS again. I have Eset NOD32 9.

d_ted 03-15-17 12:10 PM

Hello fellow Cap'ns

I have a little problem again.

I recieve warnings after load a saved game every time from TWoS 1.06 Campaign Advance Verifier Testing mod.

I installed TWoS 1.06 as explained in Install Instructions TWoS 1.06_New.rtf file...

But I edited few TWoS files, changed some TDW Patcher and TDW UserOptions for my personal preferences.

I edited torpedoes_g7a-e.zone, shells.zon, DC_X_H.zon and DC_barrels.zon in TWoS 1.06 and edited GameplaySettings.cfg in TWoS 1.06 - Update 09.

I disabled most "Torpedo options" from TDW Patcher (left crew abilities and detonator options unchanged) , enabled "Minimum 0 Wind Speed" option and disebled "Disable Automatic Battery Recharge" and "Increase CO2 generation rate" options.

Can't remember which options I changed in TDW User Options but disabled and enabled all mods after that.

My Mod Order is

TWoS 1.06
TWoS 1.06-Update 09
TWoS 1.06-Encrypted BdU Orders
TWoS 1.06-Increased Flooding via Zone
TWoS 1.06-DeckGun Friendly Waves
TWoS 1.06-UI cmd_Radio Reports
TWoS 1.06-Advance Verifier Testing

So do you have any idea why I recieve warnings continuously from TWoS Campaign Anvance Verifier Testing?

vdr1981 03-15-17 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_ted (Post 2472942)
Hello fellow Cap'ns

I recieve warnings after load a saved game every time from TWoS 1.06 Campaign Advance Verifier Testing mod.

I installed TWoS 1.06 as explained in Install Instructions TWoS 1.06_New.rtf file...

But I edited few TWoS files, changed some TDW Patcher and TDW UserOptions for my personal preferences.

I edited torpedoes_g7a-e.zone, shells.zon, DC_X_H.zon and DC_barrels.zon in TWoS 1.06 and edited GameplaySettings.cfg in TWoS 1.06 - Update 09.

I disabled most "Torpedo options" from TDW Patcher (left crew abilities and detonator options unchanged) , enabled "Minimum 0 Wind Speed" option and disebled "Disable Automatic Battery Recharge" and "Increase CO2 generation rate" options.

Can't remember which options I changed in TDW User Options but disabled and enabled all mods after that.

My Mod Order is

TWoS 1.06
TWoS 1.06-Update 09

So do you have any idea why I recieve warnings continuously from TWoS Campaign Anvance Verifier Testing?

Export your modlist with JSGME and contact Old Coder...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=352902

vdr1981 03-15-17 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG (Post 2472998)
Why is here no link included (to V1.2.0) ?

Because these are mod's install instructions, not "how to install the game" tutorial. As far as I am concerned, people should know how to install and configure their games before game modding...

Katze 03-16-17 01:08 AM

Lunar Phases fix 1.1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katze (Post 2472712)
Hi all. After installing DynEnv v2.9 many years ago, and recently also TWOS, I noticed the moon phases were reversed, with the lit side of the moon facing away from the sun. EG: lit side of waxing sun was eastern limb and after full moon the waning moon was lit on the west limb. (Northern Hemisphere)

I have modified the moon.dds from DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod to correct the mistake, matching the phases in the original graphic. Credit for the new graphic goes to the maker(s) of DynEnv v2.9 mod and creator of the moon.dds graphic therein. Original SH5 moon file is included as MoonOriginal.dds

Feel free to incorporate this fix in future TWOS updates! Awesome community and great mod. TY all for the hard work.
-Katze :Kaleun_Cheers:

** 1.1 update:
Sorry I missed this, as my original testing was on waning moon from Full to New [2 weeks long of campaign time], but new campaign testing shows the waxing moon is inverted and mirrored when viewed in-game.. silly me thought they'd use the images consistently. :oops:
Should now be fixed if the rest of waxing phases follow the pattern inverted and mirrored.

New link to 1.1: https://www.mediafire.com/?nh6hmwbpa62jovz

Unzip to the Silent Hunter 5 Mods folder and install using JGSME after DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod, or if using TWOS, after 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 09.

Let me know if there is anything else I might have missed!

THEBERBSTER 03-16-17 05:16 AM

Hi B
You have to put SH3 out of your mind as SH5 does not work in the same way.
When SH5 is installed it comes with version v1.0.5 installed.
The support folder will lead you to a GamesUpdater folder where you can run the patch application to update to v 1.2
This is update is compulsory.
Unlike SH3 and SH4, SH5 is controlled by Uplay.
Peter

OldCoder 03-16-17 09:31 AM

Quote:

Hello fellow Cap'ns

My Mod Order is

TWoS 1.06
TWoS 1.06-Update 09

Received your PM; replying here. What is the warning exactly?

vdr1981 03-16-17 10:01 AM

Quote:

So far I'm aware of two reasons:

- Enabled "Disable Uplay Browser" advanced patches...
- "Internet" version of the game which is freed from all Uplay crap...

d_ted 03-16-17 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2473095)
So far I'm aware of two reasons:

- Enabled "Disable Uplay Browser" advanced patches...
- "Internet" version of the game which is freed from all Uplay crap...

Thanks for your answers.

The game is ~17 (~7) years old I don't want to use my "non-internet" version of the game. I don't have an option to buy another non-steam/retail copy of the game and want to keep my DVD many more years.

OldCoder 03-16-17 12:42 PM

It could be that. If the OSI exe does not start up when running the game, by definition then there's nothing to respond to the gamepipe requests, and campaign advance check may fail.

Tonci87 03-16-17 02:03 PM

Does the campaign transfer work flawlessly with "internet versions" of the game? Did Ubisoft really screw it up with Uplay that much?

Bard Skye 03-16-17 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojanpopovic (Post 2463546)
I am on first mission of Drumbeat. Can somebody tell me how to succesfuly resupply? I receiving coordinates with "x" on map, but when i come there, there is no resupply ship or u boat...I tried many times with resupply and everytime other position? Sorry for my bad english. Thank you...

Having similar problem. Also on Drumbeat mission #1. When I reach U-boat refueling point, there is no milch cow. The mission change exclamation mark appears and the Captain's Log says rendezvous and refueling complete, but no gas in the tanks. Resupply skimmer becomes available, but resupply will only fill fuel tanks since I still have a full load of torpedoes. And that's wasted the only resupply available for the mission.

THEBERBSTER 03-16-17 06:07 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Bard Skye
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.

Its a long time ago since I have done Drumbeat.
At the time I remember I had to use the Radio Man's command to request refueling.

OldCoder 03-17-17 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2473139)
Does the campaign transfer work flawlessly with "internet versions" of the game? Did Ubisoft really screw it up with Uplay that much?

All versions appear to suffer similarly, unfortunately, in that the campaign dependencies will either initialise in a working state or failed state, seemingly at random on the first "long" load. After giving up trying to find a fix, I wrote the Campaign Advance Verifier to detect the situation (which it does), and to provide a chance for the player to return to menu and reload (which usually results in the campaign initialising correctly).

The problem stems from a gamepipe that's setup between SH5 exe and OSI exe. OSI acts as the pipe server, and SH5 connects to it as a client. SH5 sends requests to OSI via the pipe, and OSI responds.

What happens when SH5 campaign loads is that a whole bunch of requests are sent to OSI. What is not known at this time (though could be found by using system API monitoring tools) is whether SH5 sometimes fails to send the right information, or whether it DOES send the right info but OSI fails to respond. Either way, it leaves SH5 campaign transfer in a broken state. When the campaign initialises correctly however, campaign transfer seems to work fine.

vdr1981 03-17-17 01:15 PM

Check for new update...:)

Quote:

v1.06.10
- Disabled interaction menu for crewman Max Bauer (the guy in stern torpedo room) since he hasn't any interaction options.
- Removed unnecessary leftover mods from "Generic Patcher/MODS" folder.
- Katze's Moon phase fix.
- Revised few first Enigma messages.
- Waves shape tweaks.
- Merged several environmental "RealEnvironment" and "DynEnv v2.9" tweaks in order to get the best from both quality Env mods for SH5 (Kudos to W clear, gap and all modders involved in development).

fitzcarraldo 03-17-17 07:08 PM

Downloading now...To check tomorrow.

Many thanks for the great and constant work. TWoS ever better.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

MCM 03-18-17 04:24 AM

What a great and constant work you are doing for the community!!! This is outstanding!!! I admire your work and knowledge to fix the game :yeah::subsim:

THEBERBSTER 03-18-17 05:32 AM

Seconded :Kaleun_Salute:

Muckenberg 03-18-17 05:48 AM

Great job Vecko. This environment is really nice. Sea is just wonderful. In one of your answers you mentioned that you could add to the game AI submarine type IX. Do you have a plan in some nearby update?
I am sorry for my English.

MCM 03-18-17 07:22 AM

I think priority number one should be working campagne date issue fixes what seems to be a hell of a job. Thank you Ubisoft by the way for making it extra difficult.