SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Women on Subs? NEAL! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156634)

Aramike 09-28-09 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antikristuseke (Post 1180185)
What other alternatives?
Just curious, my stand on this issue is meh, not much would really change if women were on subs.

Enhanced recruiting, raising the payscale and benefits, etc.

Don't get me wrong - I really don't have a problem with women on subs. A sense of machismo isn't my guiding factor here.

The fact is, however, the US submarines are not designed to accomodate both genders. As explained earlier in the thread, the addition of women to a sub's crew only serves to inconvenience the men. So, that means there is no appreciable gain in performance (should all things be equal) but there is a measurable degradation in morale from a good portion of the crew (which could inversely impact performance).

So, as such, there's really no point.

Rilder 09-28-09 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aramike (Post 1180246)
the addition of women to a sub's crew only serves to inconvenience the men.

Lets just ban men from subs if they have such a problem with being inconvenienced. Subs would be better maintained and probably get more kills during wartime anyways. :03:

Jimbuna 09-28-09 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rilder (Post 1180348)
Lets just ban men from subs if they have such a problem with being inconvenienced. Subs would be better maintained and probably get more kills during wartime anyways. :03:

There'd be less dust around anyway :DL

FIREWALL 09-28-09 04:04 PM

The Navy just better pray that some sub doesn't come back from patrol with a larger crew that it started with. :p2:

I'm goin' down 09-28-09 06:27 PM

I volunteer!

Hey, aren't there any men on this boat? All work and no play makes (insert name) a dull boy.

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/j...lelvgren12.jpg

Bubblehead Nuke 09-28-09 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rilder (Post 1179817)
The pill, Morning after pill, Condoms, so many contraceptives these days, people should use them.

You can not force them to use any such item, especially when it can be used at their convinence to get them off the boat.

antikristuseke 09-29-09 04:49 AM

I don't think he was talking about forcing and no, getting pregnant is not a certainty with unprotected sex, it needs to be the right time in the womans cycle and even if the egg cell becomes fertilized there is a good chance it will not attach to the uterus wall. That being said, I have my doubts that after having gotten a position on a sub that most women would be desperate to get off it. Sure, it would be a mild inconvenience for the male members on board, at first, but they would get used to it after a short while.

Rilder 09-29-09 05:18 AM

Me thinks the men here are thinking catholic and think the only reason to have sex is to make babies and the only reason women want to go on subs is because they are horny and want to make babies. :rotfl2:

AVGWarhawk 09-29-09 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1179452)
I'm suprised nobody mentioned recreation officer or mattress tester :DL

I was thinking more along the lines of Commander. ;) Women have been flying jet fighters for a long time and some are just naturals in them. No reason a woman could not command a nuke.

ETR3(SS) 09-29-09 07:53 AM

So what I've seen this thread boil down to is this. You have the couple of people who have been in the navy, been on a submarine, saying what the women are likely to do and how it would realistically impact the fleet. On the other hand you have the people who haven't been in the navy, who haven't served on a submarine, who don't see the problem with it. Guess you just gotta have a little first hand knowledge of Navy women to know whats gonna happen.

Jimbuna 09-29-09 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1180675)
I was thinking more along the lines of Commander. ;) Women have been flying jet fighters for a long time and some are just naturals in them. No reason a woman could not command a nuke.

Commander eh :hmmm:

It would probably come naturally to most women regarding bossing their male counterparts around :DL

Do the auxiliaries on them boats still run on the wankel engine? :dead:

Carotio 09-29-09 08:28 AM

Though I have a bad reputation being Mr Bad Wolf, I better not repeat sharing what I have as a humourous and sexy photo of what could happen with women aboard subs.... Last time I did (in another deserted environment), I earned myself a permanent shore leave....:shifty:

Let's just put it this way:
When men and women meet, an eye contact occurs, a moment of mutual passion may happen and then.... (censored) :oops::03:

In the short run, small love affairs may occur, but in the long run, it will probably just be routine...

AVGWarhawk 09-29-09 08:35 AM

Quote:

In the short run, small love affairs may occur, but in the long run, it will probably just be routine...
Sure, there will be a polishing of the torpedoes and tubes every now and then I would imagine. However, can that really be accomplished on a submarine while at sea? I'm not sure to be honest. I suspect not.

Jimbuna 09-29-09 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carotio (Post 1180697)
Though I have a bad reputation being Mr Bad Wolf

Oh come on, don't be so harsh on yourself. I've never considered you to have a bad reputation. In fact I was positively looking forward to eventually meeting up with you at the SS Meet this year :yep:

I'm pleased you've finally gotten round to wiping that faeces off yer face though :DL

:03:

Carotio 09-29-09 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk (Post 1180702)
Sure, there will be a polishing of the torpedoes and tubes every now and then I would imagine. However, can that really be accomplished on a submarine while at sea? I'm not sure to be honest. I suspect not.

Okay, I don't know if this is just my dirty imagination, but do you actually mean the torpedos and tubes, or do you mean the "torpedos" and the "tubes"... :haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1180721)
Oh come on, don't be so harsh on yourself. I've never considered you to have a bad reputation. In fact I was positively looking forward to eventually meeting up with you at the SS Meet this year :yep:

I'm pleased you've finally gotten round to wiping that faeces off yer face though :DL:03:

I'm not harsh on myself regarding the bad reputation thingy, I actually find it amusing...:D
So why didn't you come? The finances? Or the wife saying no?

Last sentence - ???