SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Eternal Patrol (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Very sad day: Capt. Zeb Alford passes away (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154534)

Major Johnson 08-06-09 08:49 PM

May he have calm seas and blue skies. He's on eternal patrol with friends now. RIP Capt Zeb. :salute:

aanker 08-06-09 08:49 PM

So sorry for his family and friends... may he rest in peace.

Now he is on Eternal Patrol.

Schwuppes 08-06-09 08:51 PM

I hope his spirit rests in peace. I wish strength and insight to his family.

Alex 08-06-09 08:54 PM

My sincere condolences go to his family and all people who had the chance to know him.

Reposez en paix, Capitaine.

Snakeeyes 08-06-09 08:57 PM

Not many wily warriors with us today Captain. I wish I could have known you. The world is slightly darker today without you. Fair seas and following winds. :salute:

1480 08-06-09 08:58 PM

Though I've never met the man, I feel a piece of the United States has been lost. A leader of men, who was led by his family. A very rare but endearing quality that when I too am gone would want to be remembered as. To the Alford family, thank you for sharing Zeb so that we could live in peace. :salute:

Crimguy 08-06-09 08:59 PM

Dear Patty, Jane, and all:

I can't say I know your father, but I can say I do have the deepest respect for what he did while in the Navy. The position he held does indeed speak to what kind of man he is.

We will be thinking of you and yours this evening.

Bullethead 08-06-09 09:04 PM

I drink to his shade :()1:. Although I never met him, he was from my part of the world, a contemporary of my father (who probably met him somewhere along the line because they were in the same places at the same times), and I'm glad he salvaged Seawolf Park from the pile of rust it was when I last saw it. Cavalla sunk Zuikaku IIRC, and the DE alongside her is the last of her type, so it was a shame to see them falling apart when I last visited the place, before his efforts. Hurricane Ike messed them up last year, but I understand they've now been squared away again. Hopefully, his successors will keep them up.

The Fishlord 08-06-09 09:05 PM

I'm sorry to say I never met the man, but I know how much he has done and how much he matters to people. It's always a personal blow to me when one of these old veterans, with so much to say and tell, passes away, seemingly forgotten by the world. I am happy that he shared some of his experiences with us. I have the utmost respect for someone who has the courage to do what he did when most of us wouldn't consider it.

My sincere condolences,

Fishlord

R.I.P. :salute:

Fearless 08-06-09 09:05 PM

Rest in Peace.

Castout 08-06-09 09:07 PM

He had had a great life . . . must have been full of adventures and what an adventure it must have been with his family and career

Rest in peace.

To the day we all meet.

Thomen 08-06-09 09:08 PM

My condolences to to the Family and his friends. From what I gathered, he must have been a great guy to know. Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure to meet him.

Wulfmann 08-06-09 09:11 PM

An impressive man who's life made a great contribution to our nation in many ways and an example of what few of the best are like.

Neal, you were fortunate to have been able to call such a great man your friend.

He will be missed but his contributions shall continue to serve the country he loved.

Wulfmann

Brag 08-06-09 09:11 PM

Gone west where the Tradewinds never stop. A salute from a junior sailor :salute:

IrishUboot 08-06-09 09:19 PM

We in Ireland salute Capt. Zeb Alford.