SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] MaGui for SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179463)

reaper7 03-06-11 11:38 AM

TDW helped me at the in the initial stages to get started. By looking over my code for the TDC import into the attack scope.
He pointed out my errors and helped me to understand how the code works. (Any of my code our UI is available to you)
At that stage I had never coded :). And my UI would never have been made without his help, so again thank you TDW.
As for the officer orders that was all my own work - my coding is no-way near as compact as TDW's (his is prod 20 - 30 lines, mine is about 500 lines :haha:)
But it works :up:.

While I agree that the whole community should be working together, alas in the real world that will never happen. And I appreciate that if an individual wants to protect there work that is there choice :yep:.

Alas this is one of the reasons (Not the Main reason) I have gone back to SH3 and have now become involved in the U-Boot_HAHD Megamod that is in progress.
You can check this out at www.u-boot-hahd.com :|\\

I will finally be able to reskin the Ships the way I've always wanted too :up:

Church SUBSIM 03-06-11 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper7 (Post 1613431)
Alas this is one of the reasons (Not the Main reason) I have gone back to SH3 and have now become involved in the U-Boot_HAHD Megamod that is in progress.
You can check this out at www.u-boot-hahd.com :|\\

I had no idea this mod was going on. Thanks for sharing and I really do wish you all the best with it.

After the release of SHV (and IV), there was such negativity in regards to the feedback, I can partly understand why the developers (more likely the suits) decided to pull back. Sure, we all get it to some degree, software development has changed a lot of the past decade and it's become common for products to be forced out before their time in order to generate revenue. It is a niche market, it's not WoW.

Given the evident abandonment of the SH franchise, work like this and the rest of the modding community clearly shows that there is a demand for the franchise. With that much demand, perhaps a developer will realize that there is a way to make a buck developing the line. Perhaps someone from within the community it's self.

Without work like this, it's just an old, dated game that sits in the back of the closet.

Thanks!

DrJones 03-14-11 05:55 AM

Some news in post 1.

Sepp von Ch. 03-14-11 06:35 AM

Nice!:03:

mobucks 03-14-11 10:47 AM

lookin very tidy! Love the lower left "at a glance" sub controls!

Captain Can 03-14-11 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJones (Post 1619052)
Some news in post 1.

yay! :yeah:

Magic1111 03-14-11 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJones (Post 1619052)
Some news in post 1.

Wonderful, looks really nice !!! :yeah:

Please bring your work to end, because I play SH3 only with MaGUI and in my opinion that is for SH3 (and then maybe for SH5 too?) the best Gui I´ve ever seen !!! :up:

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

pascal4541 03-14-11 03:39 PM

:up: Geat! Wonderful!

DrJones 03-14-11 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic1111 (Post 1619405)
Wonderful, looks really nice !!! :yeah:

Please bring your work to end, because I play SH3 only with MaGUI and in my opinion that is for SH3 (and then maybe for SH5 too?) the best Gui I´ve ever seen !!! :up:

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

This is what i want to do...it's still a lot of work and al lot of the scripting has to be discovered to learn about it...

i will do my very best for this one and the community...

Regards

DrJones

Magic1111 03-14-11 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJones (Post 1619446)
This is what i want to do...it's still a lot of work and al lot of the scripting has to be discovered to learn about it...

i will do my very best for this one and the community...

Regards

DrJones

Wonderful, wish you all the best for your work ! :up:

marcelg 01-06-24 05:37 PM

Noob Question

I am a new player and am using the "all in one" install of this one:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=210703
Is it possible to use this UI with that mod without messing much up?
This is just so much more accessible.

Aktungbby 01-06-24 05:43 PM

Welcome back!

marcelg! :Kaleun_Salute:...back on the :subsim:er surface after 12 years...and a fortnight!:up:

marcelg 01-07-24 12:02 AM

Wow, it is too. How time flies. :D
I never got into it, as ubisoft required an online connection at the time, and SH3 was scratching that itch.
I found this mod here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wlbr25ghkM
I am trying to figure it all out again, seem to have forgotten everything..