SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] silentmichal's new interior mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=200862)

arnahud2 10-20-13 05:43 AM

Thanks a lot, SilentMichal, pretty nice job ! :up:

silentmichal 10-20-13 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2130331)
Do you mean that you had added too many/too detailed food meshes and the game wasn't handling them well, or what else?

I reckon, some GFX's have problems with performance. My 2nd reason, why I deleted it, is that those fruits didn't look good. Shadows were corrupted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2130331)
This is actually a cool feature. Would be cool if food was replaced by dirt and personal objects out of place, but I doubt it can be possible. On a more serious note, do you think we can do the same with torpedoes? I can be wrong, but I don't think that the models shown in torpedo room are linked to actual torpedo reserves onboard...

Well, I didn't think about it. It's harder to do vanishing torpedoes... They're used for animations of loading torpedoes. In theory, I'm able to delete animations of loading torpedoes, add "new" torpedoes to GR2 model of this room, and add new things to *.sim file (disappearing)... I have to check is it possible. But school is more important :shifty:.

gap 10-21-13 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 2130785)
I reckon, some GFX's have problems with performance. My 2nd reason, why I deleted it, is that those fruits didn't look good. Shadows were corrupted.

I see :up:

Quote:

Well, I didn't think about it. It's harder to do vanishing torpedoes... They're used for animations of loading torpedoes. In theory, I'm able to delete animations of loading torpedoes, add "new" torpedoes to GR2 model of this room, and add new things to *.sim file (disappearing)... I have to check is it possible.

Nevermind Michal, I had overlooked that making torpedoes to vanish might have clashed with their animations. Better not to touch them :03:

Quote:

But school is more important :shifty:.

Of course it is :sunny:

silentmichal 10-21-13 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2131435)
Nevermind Michal, I had overlooked that making torpedoes to vanish might have clashed with their animations. Better not to touch them :03:

But we can always try to do it... And In the future I'm going to try it (I think I'll check sth before new year).

Best regards!

silentmichal 11-30-13 05:35 PM

Hi everyone!

Recently I'm very busy... But I was thinking about adding hangings to sailors' beds, like that:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-26_162407.png

I added 3D object without any problems. But I have problem with hanging! When I added obj_Pendulum controller to it, it swung like that (red arrows):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...place/pics.png

My question is: how to add two "attachments" points, like in real? Does anybody know it? Any ideas? Please tell me that.

PS. From December 23 to January 7 I have lot of free time, so I reckon I'll improve my mod :).

CaptJulius 11-30-13 08:03 PM

This mod is awesome! :rock:

Mikemike47 11-30-13 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 2146629)
Recently I'm very busy... But I was thinking about adding hangings to sailors' beds.

From December 23 to January 7 I have lot of free time, so I reckon I'll improve my mod :).

Keep doing well in school:up:. We'll wait. Thanks for the update.

gap 12-01-13 05:57 AM

Quote:

Recently I'm very busy... But I was thinking about adding hangings to sailors' beds, like that:

:yeah:

Quote:

I added 3D object without any problems. But I have problem with hanging! When I added obj_Pendulum controller to it, it swung like that (red arrows):

My question is: how to add two "attachments" points, like in real? Does anybody know it? Any ideas? Please tell me that.

I don't think you can have two attachment points for the same object, but have you tried reversing the x/z axes of the net mesh, and rotating its linking bones accordingly? :hmm2:

zzz1 12-01-13 06:27 AM

Wow, superb!!!:rock:

silentmichal 12-01-13 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2146765)
I don't think you can have two attachment points for the same object, but have you tried reversing the x/z axes of the net mesh, and rotating its linking bones accordingly? :hmm2:

No, I haven't tried it before... I also thought about "locking" Z-axis for swinging... Well, I have to take a look to Tomi_099's files (he's already made it in his II type interior)...

gap 12-01-13 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 2146779)
No, I haven't tried it before... I also thought about "locking" Z-axis for swinging...

yes, this would be the best approach, but how? has the obj pendulum controller such an option? :hmm2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 2146779)
Well, I have to take a look to Tomi_099's files (he's already made it in his II type interior)...

good idea :up:

gap 12-01-13 11:42 AM

This is a spinning vinyl record I have created a while ago:

https://www.mediafire.com/?4ws719d23c7x7k2

Feel free to use it if you think it feets into your mod. :up:

silentmichal 12-01-13 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2146859)
This is a spinning vinyl record I have created a while ago:

https://www.mediafire.com/?4ws719d23c7x7k2

Feel free to use it if you think it feets into your mod. :up:

Hah, just great :cool:!!! If I know how to add animations to SH5, I'll add it :yep:.

It really looks fantastic!

gap 12-01-13 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 2146866)
Hah, just great :cool:!!! If I know how to add animations to SH5, I'll add it :yep:.

It really looks fantastic!

The DAT object is already animated (you can preview its animation if you open the file in S3d). You can link the obect to a granny bone as it is, as you would do with any GR2 object :03:

silentmichal 12-01-13 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2146872)
The DAT object is already animated (you can preview its animation if you open the file in S3d). You can link the obect to a granny bone as it is, as you would do with any GR2 object :03:

Well, I tried doing it before, but I always had problem with textures... If you have some tutorial, please give me that.

And one more thing: I took a look to Tomi_099's files... he used normal obj_Pendulum controller... How did he "locked" one of axis? I have no idea :shifty:.