SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

oscar19681 03-21-16 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2391147)
there is convoy map chart in game take a look at it and u will see the convoy routes ..... in WWII there was u-boat captain who never saw a ship in they patrols .....to hunt a ship need patience and time....

where can i find this ingame exactly?

oscar19681 03-21-16 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2391417)
Hi oscar
How many gamers will actually take the trouble to view a long tutorial video?
If they did they would not be posting their problems on Subsim.
Its the same with the documentation, cannot be bothered to read it, then ask questions!
Peter

well i didnt take the trouble at first and the result was a broken game. Only when i followed the steps multiple times and closely watched the YouTube instruction video and help from the community i made this mod work without a single CTD so far. And its been worth every minute i invested in making it work.

palmic 03-21-16 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 2391462)
where can i find this ingame exactly?

E / shipping / any card from there..

You can see common convoy routes via atlantic and even others there..

palmic 03-21-16 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 2391461)
And how is this done exactly? The map only shows north west on the edges , and no east.

Do you see the grid here?

You can see degrees labels at all sides of that grid.

If BDU tells you some LAT/LONG location, its always on this grid.
Every square of this grid has 60 "minutes". So if BDU address 50 degrees West, 30 minutes, youll just find middle of that square.

palmic 03-21-16 07:09 PM

This game you have to deserve to play ;)

excel4004 03-21-16 07:20 PM

Vecka and all the other moders - thx for all! :yeah:

:Kaleun_Cheers:

siege00 03-22-16 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 2391461)
And how is this done exactly? The map only shows north west on the edges , and no east.

Also, at least in my experience when getting convoy information, you'll have a few messages that give you information about the contact which usually includes relative bearing, true bearing, distance, course, and speed estimate.

You can chart the contact from the information given by the officer there instead of trying to match Lat/Long coordinates.

palmic 03-22-16 01:55 PM

That's just for quick orientation, there's nothing advanced about lat long on map in twos,. You just need to try to search it by Google

palmic 03-22-16 02:02 PM

[REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod

Possible bug: When you emerge, sound engineer should stop report closest contacts if you order it before

renard60 03-22-16 04:06 PM

Hello here is I have a mission or it is necessary to go to AN7934 but on the card I see only AN79 how needs he to make to see AN7934 svp thank you

excel4004 03-22-16 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2391751)
Possible bug: When you emerge, sound engineer should stop report closest contacts if you order it before

Yes! Could that be fixed in future!? :hmmm:

THEBERBSTER 03-22-16 06:22 PM

Hi renard
Check this out.
Post #169 How To Use The Kriegsmarine Grid Numbers

Peter

vdr1981 03-22-16 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2391680)
Also, at least in my experience when getting convoy information, you'll have a few messages that give you information about the contact which usually includes relative bearing, true bearing, distance, course, and speed estimate.

You can chart the contact from the information given by the officer there instead of trying to match Lat/Long coordinates.

Exactly...The range filter for these detailed reports (shown in message box and ships journal)can be set in upper right corner (400 km by default)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2391747)
That's just for quick orientation, there's nothing advanced about lat long on map in twos,. You just need to try to search it by Google

There is a Sjizzle's detailed lat/long chart/tool in real nav section...:hmm2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2391751)

Mine it does stop...:hmm2: I mean , I can select few more times "nearest hydro contact report" command until the the contact is declared "lost" but that's just a false/last registered bearing IMO...

Give me more details...

palmic 03-23-16 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2391845)
Mine it does stop...:hmm2: I mean , I can select few more times "nearest hydro contact report" command until the the contact is declared "lost" but that's just a false/last registered bearing IMO...

Give me more details...

Well its easy :)
Its typical situation when i escape, because as i found, hydrophone does not model real position of propeller of ships, so i use sound engineer for this - moving away/closing to be sure when i can select quicker run...

Soo.. When i select this reporting you wrote, then i emerge, Beno still reports contact bearing changes.
(i haven't check if the bearing is real, or only some last position he heard)
Hydrophone controls should return to "normal sweep" after emerging to avoiding this i thing..

vdr1981 03-23-16 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2391895)
...Beno still reports contact bearing changes.

Permanently or only for short period of time?

palmic 03-23-16 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2391952)
Permanently or only for short period of time?

I selected standard sweep pretty quick to not bother with that, ill try to debug it more next time, ill report :salute:

vdr1981 03-23-16 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2391961)
I selected standard sweep pretty quick to not bother with that, ill try to debug it more next time, ill report :salute:

Good , because if it's only for short period than I wouldn't pay much attention to it...Anyway, the best we can do is to report the issue in TDW NewUIs thread but that probably wont help much. TDW is done with SH5 unfortunately ...

palmic 03-23-16 02:35 PM

Hmm i tried it right now and it seems its only once, thats ok for me, thanks!

BTW i really love DD's hunting AI, its really fun to fight with their tries to find you by some searching pattern and so...
Especially funny when he tries to shut down engines repeatedly to hear yours :)
Sometimes it seems to me they learn from my tricks which i try to escape from them.
Once i hanged after one DD and kept his tail for about minute in hard turn left, then just select rudder zero, i let ahead flank for a while as i was still behind him and then just all stop....
I ran just by inertia for very long time, much quicker, than at small speeds and without any sound.
After some his searching he heard me again because as i found, they can hear even 3.rd speed level even from long distance.
You can run at flank ahead even very close if you're behind him and he has engine on relatively faster, but since he is on "constant distance" course, i always switch 1. speed level..

vova78 03-24-16 03:41 AM

Maybe add as upgrade "Quad 20mm Vierling" on the second tower at Type VIIB (or "Double Flak")?

Kelsier 03-24-16 05:41 AM

Thanks for reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2390765)
This is really no big deal IMO...I've intentionally created this "bug" in order to disable stock "Ctrl+Lmouse click" command (center sub on map). This cheat command is inconsistent with real nav addon. IIRC, you should be able to use this command if you dont have real nav addon enabled, but it's really not worth it. Real navigation is the essence of SH5...:yep:

I didn't know that there was a stock command using the same key combination, but I see why you would disable it. Since it's an intentional feature and not a "bug", I'll be happy to work around it :up:

I will probably appreciate it even more once I start playing with real nav, but I decided to play the first campaign on only 60% realism to get used to the basic tactics again and to be able to check my increasingly manual targeting solutions against the TDCs to spot methodical mistakes early. If I learn a wrong method for manual targeting and never hit anything once I start with real nav, I'll never be sure if it's just really bad luck, me not understanding real nav or me making constant mistakes is to blame...

Thanks for your reply and all the work and thought you and your fellow moddes put into this. Without it, SH5 would not be playable.

Regards,
Kelsier