SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Trigger Maru Overhauled (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132330)

Able72 04-15-08 09:25 PM

Does TMO use the same shipping lanes/routes that stock does? In other words, does the historical map provided with the game still apply?

ustahl 04-16-08 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo
Ustahl, just be aware that by changing the cfg file, you did exactly what you described - globally altered the AI visual - which means now the AI can see you better as well. Just an FYI. It may end up being an unintentional result. Good find though!

Thanks for pointing that out, CaptainHaplo. Specifically, is it the reduced fog factor in sensors.cfg (only) that improves the AI visual for the others?
That would mean that reducing the fog factor in sim.cfg only would improve my crew's recognition/locking distance but leave the AI's visuals unchanged, ie. bias in my favour? It would be nice to know.

On the other hand, I think it's only fair that if one is to increase visual recognition distance, it should be done globally, especially as i remember reading that the IJN had better optics compared to the USN, especially night vision, which contributed to some Japanese surface battle successes (IIRC Cape Esperanza for instance).

lancerr 04-16-08 08:18 AM

Any one else getting a CTD on the latest TMO saves?

After downloading the latest TMO, and playing the game, I'm unable to save and load games anymore. Saving seems to work ok but loading causes a CTD.

Anyone else experiencing this?

mavmcleod 04-16-08 08:18 AM

Improved SJ radar not beeing detected?

First: I wouldn't play SH4 anymore without TMO and RSRC! So thanks for saving my bucks!

I'm somewhat curious regarding radar detection:
When I was patroling 85nm south of Honshu yesterday I noticed after about 36 in-game-hours that my radar offcier had not obeyed my order to switch-off the radar (my boat is a Balao-Class equipped with the improved SJ radar in Oct. '43).

So, my boat was lit up like a x-mas tree for more than a day :sunny: . Shouldn't half of the IJ Airforce be chasing me?

I'm running SH4 + UBM + TMO (latest) + RSRC (latest)

Thanks for the fish!
Maverick

Syxx_Killer 04-16-08 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavmcleod
So, my boat was lit up like a x-mas tree for more than a day :sunny: . Shouldn't half of the IJ Airforce be chasing me?

I'm not sure the Japanese even had that capability.

ReallyDedPoet 04-16-08 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancerr
After downloading the latest TMO, and playing the game, I'm unable to save and load games anymore. Saving seems to work ok but loading causes a CTD.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Are you trying to load old saves. Anytime I install a new mod, especially something like Trigger, I delete the SH4 folder in My Documents and start fresh. So after installing the new mod, once you start up SH4 again a new clean SH4 Folder will be created in My Documents.

In doing this, I have never had a save problem, never. If you have Multiple Installs of SH4, make sure you use Multi SH4 to keep your saves seperate.

Hope this helps.

RDP

mavmcleod 04-16-08 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavmcleod

I'm not sure the Japanese even had that capability.

Ahhh.....! C'mon!
Dick O'Kane was very picky about using radar in hostile waters! Radar triangulation wasn't that hard!:arrgh!:

Anyone else any idea?

Thanks for the fish!
Maverick

modisch 04-16-08 11:12 PM

Ran into an oddity tonight... finally got time to sit down and play a full patrol (mmmm... patrols). And decided to do a little sight-seeing and took my external cam underwater with me...

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4...2074013fb6.jpg

Is that?

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7...2080289hd4.jpg

Why yes it is... my watch crew looking for sharks and calamari. Wonder how long they can hold their breath.

Anyhow, here are the mods I have installed:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6...e041708xn2.jpg

I very much enjoyed my patrol, even with the extreme skindivng watch crew. The other quirk were some of the crew sounds repeated two or three times. But all told, great fun was had.

Now to see what my intrepid S-18 can do on the next patrol.

Cheers,

-m

jmr 04-17-08 01:27 AM

Sorry if this has been asked but a search turned up nothing. Maybe I used the wrong terms. Anyway, is there a way to change the default F2 view? As it stands now whenever I go to general quarters I have a hulking shirtless man standing inches away from me. It's a bit unnerving having him so close :o

Able72 04-17-08 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modisch
Ran into an oddity tonight... finally got time to sit down and play a full patrol (mmmm... patrols). And decided to do a little sight-seeing and took my external cam underwater with me...

Is that?

Why yes it is... my watch crew looking for sharks and calamari. Wonder how long they can hold their breath.

Anyhow, here are the mods I have installed:

I very much enjoyed my patrol, even with the extreme skindivng watch crew. The other quirk were some of the crew sounds repeated two or three times. But all told, great fun was had.

Now to see what my intrepid S-18 can do on the next patrol.

Cheers,

-m

I've had that happen as well. It seems that they can hold their breath for a rather long time, although I have yet to see shark or calamari on the menu for supper.

Ducimus 04-17-08 01:59 PM

underwater crew is a stock bug introduced in 1.5

In other news, i have updated the mods permissions with the following cavet:

"- Absolutely no mod, concept, or design found within the Trigger maru Modpack may be used by any member of GWX,for any reason, without my expressed permission. Since they require the same of others, i require the same of them."

gord96 04-17-08 03:21 PM

Interested in this mod. Just started SH4 again after some more time with GWX. What are the basic things that this mod does? Is it similar to what GWX does for SH3? Any info would be great! Thanks:hmm:

JGoldrick 04-17-08 05:02 PM

"F9" key press on American Subs.

This is a great mod! Just a quick question, when "F9" is pressed using any of the US boats, all I get is a underwater scene, is there any fix for this? Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks.

lancerr 04-17-08 05:13 PM

reallydedpoet

reallydedpoet - Thanks, that worked.

ReallyDedPoet 04-17-08 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancerr
reallydedpoet - Thanks, that worked.

No problem, glad it worked out :up:

RDP