SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   KSDCommander (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=224584)

Bangoo 02-12-19 10:57 AM

Do you read news or it is usless feature?

gap 02-12-19 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoder (Post 2591246)
It's only working on my system for now and inaccessible to others but it does at least breathe again in this form...

One issue is that unless I or somebody else fancies spending hours rewriting it into PHP or something, it needs a public Windows Server, if anyone's got one? I suspect that would be the major obstacle preventing it from living again to the public.

So nice OldCoder!

I wish I could help, but I have only a vague idea on the meaning of "public Windows Server", let alone owing one lol :doh:

bstanko6 02-12-19 01:10 PM

I use it to read news. It also shows proper awards given. Game award system is horrible! And of course the lovely conservative ladies photos! If you are lucky you can see a knee or collarbone!

bstanko6 02-12-19 01:12 PM

I think what should be done, in my opinion, is nix KSD, and phase in a copy of SHCommander!

gap 02-12-19 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2591281)
I think what should be done, in my opinion, is nix KSD, and phase in a copy of SHCommander!

That would be very nice indeed. I think Jeff has shown the intention of doing something similar to what you are suggesting, but I guess that it wouldn't be as easy as eating a piece of cake...

OldCoder 02-13-19 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2591281)

Maybe a project then for later in the year.

KSDCommander sources already explains how to parse the save game files.
Compiling and installing SQL to get KSD service up and running locally explained to me the database structure requirements.
Finally I've already written a client/server/database app for a separate personal project (the server runs on Raspbian, and the client runs on Linux/PC and Android), so it would be a case of reading the KSD sources and rewriting the functionality around my framework.

bstanko6 02-13-19 12:03 PM

Cake you say!?!?

Deepseadiver 03-06-19 08:57 AM

I have installed this and run it. However, how do you login into it? its asking for a username and password.

bstanko6 03-06-19 01:28 PM

You can’t its dead. It’s only good for viewing your awards, war news, and your captain’s log.

Deepseadiver 03-06-19 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2595427)
You can’t its dead. It’s only good for viewing your awards, war news, and your captain’s log.

Thank you bstanko6 :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 03-06-19 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2595427)

If you want "as real as gets" awards, you must use KSD.

Also, KSD changes your days in bunker, you can see news of the war and have a record of your advance in career.

For these functions, you don´t need login.

I ever start SH5 TWoS from KSD start button.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Deepseadiver 03-06-19 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2595449)
If you want "as real as gets" awards, you must use KSD.

Also, KSD changes your days in bunker, you can see news of the war and have a record of your advance in career.

For these functions, you don´t need login.

I ever start SH5 TWoS from KSD start button.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

:Kaleun_Salute:

bstanko6 03-06-19 07:38 PM

Just to add you can only change days in bunker to 14 days nothing less. So if you want less days use a mod.

Deepseadiver 03-07-19 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2595470)
Just to add you can only change days in bunker to 14 days nothing less. So if you want less days use a mod.

cheers again.

bstanko6

I am watching your tutorial in the hope of finally being able to work aob's on target ships. In your 3 bearing AOB video you use a disk where do i get that disk? is it SH5 TWOS compatible?

vdr1981 03-08-19 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2595470)

7-28 days...