SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, full release (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243064)

propbeanie 04-10-21 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larrywb57 (Post 2741595)
Thank you PB for reply.
Sadly, I made this change earlier this year, March time frame I think. And real time caused me to stop. When I started playing again, I forgot to check the crew management page to see if the slots for the DG crew where there. And I keep my save folder short unless I think that problems might occur. Do you think when I get back to home port from this patrol, purchase a deck gun like I had before, place it in the position, check the crew management page to see if anything changed and if everything looks good, go out 100mn. Save the mission and close the game. (I always wait about one minute before exiting the game for the files to be written.) Restart the game. And return to home port and purchased the combination again to see if it works this time?

It might, if you put the same gun back where it was - but I have my doubts... I don't think it should cost you any renown, though I might be mistaken... I cannot remember how I set those up, and I am not at an SH4 computer... but if it doesn't work, look through the "Support / HowTo /NewColetrainsAndOthersDGfix.pdf" file in the 3rd section, and see if that helps then. Your Save folder got munged-up somehow, and the UpgradePackSlot for the deck gun gets corrupted. You either don't have a complete gun description, or you're missing the gun crew slots (possibly just the "AdditionalRepository" text appended), or both...

KaleunMarco 04-10-21 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2741478)
Mixed, with 20mm & 40mm, as well as 5", all AA

my 20's and 40mm do not do that. i want that.:har:

Larrywb57 04-10-21 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2741602)
It might, if you put the same gun back where it was - but I have my doubts... I don't think it should cost you any renown, though I might be mistaken... I cannot remember how I set those up, and I am not at an SH4 computer... but if it doesn't work, look through the "Support / HowTo /NewColetrainsAndOthersDGfix.pdf" file in the 3rd section, and see if that helps then. Your Save folder got munged-up somehow, and the UpgradePackSlot for the deck gun gets corrupted. You either don't have a complete gun description, or you're missing the gun crew slots (possibly just the "AdditionalRepository" text appended), or both...

No worry! I'll just give it a try. If it doesn't work, I'll go back to my save before entering my home port. But I will post what happens.

Thanks for the help!

Larry

FotRSU Mod Team 04-10-21 10:56 PM

Notice: 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.46_EN is now posted. see page one

If you have issues, be sure and give us the details! Thanks.

The FotRSU Mod Team

vickers03 04-11-21 03:40 AM

very nice:D

fitzcarraldo 04-11-21 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FotRSU Mod Team (Post 2741673)

The FotRSU Mod Team

Many thanks! Going for it. :Kaleun_Wink:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

mikesn9 04-11-21 08:09 AM

Quote:

The FotRSU Mod Team

Thanks guys!

KaleunMarco 04-11-21 11:07 AM

Quote:

The FotRSU Mod Team

i suspect that it is recommended that we start a new career after de-installing the previous version (whatever it is) and deleting the Save Folders prior to installing 1.46.

since my current career is on mission 30-something dateline May 1945, i think i will wait a few more missions and make it to VJ day, God Willing, before upgrading.

thanks for the update.

propbeanie 04-11-21 11:48 AM

Yes, as has been stated numerous times here during the development, and in a couple of spots in the first post and the download page, though not appropriately prominent enough - This version is NOT backwards compatible - the Save folder must be emptied and a new career started. In our opinions, there are not enough changes to warrant dropping a current career, though you could use MultiSH4 and do a 2nd install of this wonnerfull wonnerfull mod... :roll: :O: :salute:

Larrywb57 04-11-21 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larrywb57 (Post 2741630)
No worry! I'll just give it a try. If it doesn't work, I'll go back to my save before entering my home port. But I will post what happens.

Thanks for the help!

Larry

After making home port, couldn't purchase my old DG. Reloaded and took the new command of new boat. I purchased the the 20mm Oerlikon paired 4 inch/ 50 Caliber Deck Gun. The 4 inch/ 50 Caliber Deck Gun was in the same location as the older DG. Checked the Crew Management page and had crew slots for both DGs. No problems. :up:

When I signed on this morning, downloaded the new edition of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate v.1.46. New mod installed and on first mission. No problems. Great work!

:Kaleun_Cheers:
:Kaleun_Salute: to the Team!

Mad Mardigan 04-11-21 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2741746)

i suspect that it is recommended that we start a new career after de-installing the previous version (whatever it is) and deleting the Save Folders prior to installing 1.46.

since my current career is on mission 30-something dateline May 1945, i think i will wait a few more missions and make it to VJ day, God Willing, before upgrading.

thanks for the update.

Am like KaleunMarco... am very vested in My career that I have worked hard to get to where I am, is nearing the end of '43... & able to use Nippon Maru with it.

Have v1.46 downloaded, stored to where I know where it is. Will bide time, so that Nippon can be updated, as well.. hopefully the cam works can get seen to with vicker03's interior mod. Lovely work. Hopefully Bubbleheads work with the corrected ladders in boats can be checked for being able to be used as well.. in conjunction with vickers mod. :hmmm: :yep:

So...

for now, going to hang with v1.39 for the time being.

Do have 1st folder of FOTRS with an older set up.. may wipe it clean & see of using it with v1.46 & see how it goes...

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Comder 04-11-21 06:56 PM

Good Day Gentlemen,
I installed V1.46 on a clean install of SH4 Gold. I found That the game loaded faster than V1.39. Played a bit with single missions, No problems. Does play well. I seem to have a few ships that did not show torpedo damage, but went down. Looks good. Thank you Gentlemen.:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Comder

propbeanie 04-11-21 10:07 PM

Not all ships have a damage model, but let us know which ones you find that don't display one, and we'll see if maybe a link is broken. Thanks :salute:

Mad Mardigan 04-12-21 06:55 PM

Rre: v1.46 installed...

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2741836)
Not all ships have a damage model, but let us know which ones you find that don't display one, and we'll see if maybe a link is broken. Thanks :salute:

Ahoy, team...

Cleaned out that older copy of FotRS-U, v1.24 &... have v1.46 installed.

Loves great. Will keep an eye out for any of those ships that Comder mentioned of.. & will report in if I run across any so y'all can check on them. :yep: :up:

Gonna keep v1.39 for now.. as I want to see if I can make it to the end of the war. :shucks: :arrgh!: :D

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Randomizer 04-12-21 11:23 PM

I started a January 1943 career with a GATO from Midway. Before leaving I selected the aft-mounted 4" deck gun but once at sea I discovered that the gun had no crew slots allotted and so could never be manned.

It's not a big deal, although I prefer aft mounts where historical.

-C