SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [INF] sobers Subsim Bonus Mega Mod All In One 1421 20072017 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374)

TORDO222 01-14-14 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Steel (Post 2163663)
I think he means that your SH5 is not updated correctly

Go to; Silent Hunter '5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe' and run it!
This should update your SH5 to the correct version (1.2.0)
Have you tried this and mean that it doesn't work?

Like this (the picture shows v1.0.0 but i assume you see 1.1.5.0. Should be 1.2.0)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=6830

Thanks my friend!!!. I'll try.:up:

Mikemike47 01-14-14 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archer9 (Post 2163739)
Does anyone know what is the difference between battlestations from NewUI officer tab and from XO's dialog menu. They have different icons:
http://i.imgur.com/z7DQ7Sk.png

IIRC, the human icon on the right is from the watch officer icon on officer panel. It is a state of more readiness. I think I spotted the description of readiness when hovering over the mouse icon over it, some mod corrected the icon information or someone commented about it in the threads.
Battle stations bell activated by XO dialog box or F7. Both will show up when activated in New UI for TDC at upper right displays.

archer9 01-14-14 01:28 PM

Okay, I'm more interested in their effect - do they both do the same thing? Is there any benefit from having them both enabled at the same time?

vdr1981 01-14-14 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archer9 (Post 2163770)
Okay, I'm more interested in their effect - do they both do the same thing? Is there any benefit from having them both enabled at the same time?

I hope I'm wrong but I think those icons are pure cosmetics... I've newer noticed any benefit to U-Boat and crew performance with battle station command...
If I'm right , Rongel announced fix for this with next update of reworked moral and abilities.

Mikemike47 01-14-14 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archer9 (Post 2163770)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2163777)
I hope I'm wrong but I think those icons are pure cosmetics... I've newer noticed any benefit to U-Boat and crew performance with battle station command...
If I'm right , Rongel announced fix for this with next update of reworked moral and abilities.

Never had one enabled, and not the other one soon after. Never did a test benefit comparison using both icons enabled against not enabling both icons. I do not recall any talk of this across the SH3-5 threads.

THE_MASK 01-14-14 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archer9 (Post 2163739)
Does anyone know what is the difference between battlestations from NewUI officer tab and from XO's dialog menu. They have different icons:

http://i.imgur.com/z7DQ7Sk.png

F7 closes the hatch doors .
Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\basic
[DAMAGE]
OpenComp=1
PartiallyOpenComp=0.5
EnclosedComp=0.1

Whatever that means .

THE_MASK 01-14-14 02:31 PM

Using current mod list .
Started a new campaign and clicked on Coastal Waters . Left Memel and completed the Baltic mission . Headed for Kiel and entered the bunker at Kiel . Left Kiel and headed to eastern British waters . Headed to Scapa Flow but too dangerous . Headed back to Wilhelmshaven and entered the bunker at Wilhelmshaven .
Not a single ctd

mikaelanderlund 01-14-14 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2163799)
Using current mod list .
Started a new campaign and clicked on Coastal Waters . Left Memel and completed the Baltic mission . Headed for Kiel and entered the bunker at Kiel . Left Kiel and headed to eastern British waters . Headed to Scapa Flow but too dangerous . Headed back to Wilhelmshaven and entered the bunker at Wilhelmshaven .
Not a single ctd

Very good news:yeah: Thanks!

:salute:

archer9 01-14-14 05:21 PM

Is there any particular reason why MightyFineCrew mod is no longer in your list, sober?

THE_MASK 01-14-14 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archer9 (Post 2163878)
Is there any particular reason why MightyFineCrew mod is no longer in your list, sober?

I took it out because I find that my computer runs a lot smoother without it . If its to do with scripts I dunno . Anyone can add it to there own list though .

DaceDave 01-15-14 09:32 AM

I navigated my way to Kiel with no CTDs or new issues other than those I mentioned in earlier post and then backed down into bunker #one without scraping a bit of paint off the boat. I've given the crew shore leave and I will stay put in Kiel and do more research into what I screwed up.

After being away for over a year... let me just say how much I'm lovin all the new (to me) elements in this mod list. Having been a sailor for many years, I love Real Navigation... I got right to the mouth of Kiel at midnight on a pitch black night with no problems other than almost missing the shortcut thru the pass at Fehmarn just as the sun was setting. Kinda hard to see the pass with the sun in your eyes and no navigation aids... and a navigator who needs to work on his deadreckoning skills. The lighted bouys were a great surprise... except it threw me for a minute as I'm used to "red, right, returning"... cause we do everything backwards in the US from the rest of the world. LOL... "Ship sighted... 500 meters dead ahead captian... maybe you want to follow international rules now?"

The weather and water, the lighting, ships, planes and everything else are all great. So I can't wait to figure out where I went wrong and get back on patrol. I won't bother anybody until I have narrowed it down and need something specific answered. I'll keep you posted.

Silent Steel 01-15-14 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikemike47 (Post 2163780)
Never had one enabled, and not the other one soon after. Never did a test benefit comparison using both icons enabled against not enabling both icons. I do not recall any talk of this across the SH3-5 threads.

Seconded :yep:
Never seen any difference

Silent Steel 01-15-14 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2163799)
Using current mod list .
Not a single ctd

:o :rock:

Silent Steel 01-15-14 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaceDave (Post 2164051)
I navigated my way to Kiel with no CTDs..
The weather and water, the lighting, ships, planes and everything else are all great...

I can just second this.
I haven't, so far, had any problems entering Kiel with Sober's .mep file :D
And i agree, the scenery is just stunning :o

BTW. to me it seems like all weird issues around here could, I say could, have to do with a messed up registry...

THE_MASK 01-15-14 03:13 PM

sobers 0700 16012014
added
sobers best ever fog V26 SH5
sobers New UI addons for mega mod list SH5 V17
Changed the fog and adjusted the menu .
Enable anytime either on patrol or in base if only changing these 2 mods from the previous MEP file .