SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Trigger Maru Overhauled (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132330)

tedhealy 04-13-08 05:27 PM

Many thanks for the time and effort put in.:rock:

modisch 04-13-08 06:03 PM

Well done, Ducimus. You've done great work and I hope you enjoy your vacation.

I hope you don't go spoiling your WoW experience by spending more time modding the UI than playing. ;)

-m

ReallyDedPoet 04-13-08 06:10 PM

Nice work Ducimus :up:

RDP

momo55 04-13-08 07:50 PM

Thank you for all the hard , great and amazing work sir . I enjoy it almost every day and that sinds FTT till now ...have a nice vacation .

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4651/kitkat2un0.jpg

claybirdd 04-13-08 09:34 PM

Crysis

I noticed you have Crysis. If you every play online mabye ill see you around there, though i think their multiplayer could be set up much better.

Anyways thanks Duci.

lancerr 04-13-08 10:59 PM

Great work

Great job Ducimus. Have a good vacation.

Since Ducimus is on vacation, this question is posed to the rest of you running TMO. Before TMO, I had W_Clear's environment mod and was running SH4 fine with 2xAA at 1680x1050. I uninstalled all mods, applied TMO and service packs and noticed a significant drop in frame rate.

The first slow down in noticed from the bridge where I'm losing anywhere from 5-10fps with the same exact graphical settings.

The bigger slowdown happens when I'm inside the command room where FPS drop to about 5-10.

I then applied W_Clear's Env 4.0 mod and no difference.

So my question is do any of know know what parts of TMO have increased the graphical demands on teh engine? Is the reworked interior that much more demanding on the rig than the previous version?

Thanks,

claybirdd 04-13-08 11:02 PM

Do not use EE mod with TMO. Your crew will lose its ability to spot ships even at ridiculously close distances. Read the Read Me in TMO.

ustahl 04-14-08 06:22 AM

Actually W_Clear's Env 4.0 is included in TMO. It is stated in Credits_and_Permissions.rtf in the support files of TMO.

This means the latest TMO (released yesterday) contains Scene.dat from W_Clear's Env 4.0. However, W_Clear has released updates to his Environmental Mod, the latest being v. 4.2, with a newer version of Scene.dat. I'm not sure if Ducimus made any changes to Scene.dat v. 4.0 or if he adopted W_Clear's file as such. Anyway, I'm going to replace TMO's "old" Scene.dat with W_Clear's newest version and see how it behaves.

DrBeast 04-14-08 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancerr
Great job Ducimus. Have a good vacation.

Since Ducimus is on vacation, this question is posed to the rest of you running TMO. Before TMO, I had W_Clear's environment mod and was running SH4 fine with 2xAA at 1680x1050. I uninstalled all mods, applied TMO and service packs and noticed a significant drop in frame rate.

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus
All Service packs have been removed.

Full compiled version has been uploaded.

I'd suggest you download the latest version of TMaru and NOT install the SPs on top of that ;)

Ducimus, we can't thank you enough. I hope you'll still pop in to this forum from time to time. The majority of us are mostly harmless :rotfl:
Enjoy whatever it is you'll be doing, skipper! :up:

ustahl 04-14-08 08:00 AM

As indicated in my posting 293 above, I replaced Scene.dat in latest compiled TMO with Scene.dat from W_Clear's latest Environment Mod version 4.2 (and 4.2a). Result: astonishing improvement in water quality, but watch crew does not recognize far away ships any longer :cry:. I kind of was afraid of that.

Does anybody know how to increase watch crew visual recognition?

DrBeast 04-14-08 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ustahl
Does anybody know how to increase watch crew visual recognition?

Try tweaking the values in sim.cfg and sensors.cfg (both in Data\Cfg)

RocketDog 04-14-08 08:41 AM

Thanks Ducimus - all your work on this is much appreciated and gives us many hours of enjoyable gaming.

Have a beer on me!

Cheers,

RD.

ustahl 04-14-08 08:49 AM

Thanks Doctor Beast, will fiddle with applicable values in those cfg files later tonight. Must go out for a while but will revert later if/when improved values found.:up:

Able72 04-14-08 01:12 PM

Possible Bug?

Don't think this is supposed to be possible. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Captaining an S-Class Sub in the early war.

I returned to base on December 23, 1941 after a successfull patrol where I sunk 14k tons of enemy shipping. I had only one fish left on board. When I was resupplied and checking for possible upgrades, I noticed that my boat had been reloaded with Mark 14's instead of the Mark 10's. Although the only fish listed as available to choose was the Mark 10.

Any clues as to how to fix this?

Possible work around would be to reload the boat one fish at a time with the Mark 10's but that would be slow going.

Aniuk 04-14-08 04:41 PM

Thank you

Now im taking a vacation. Hell, i might even subscribe to WoW again. I make no promises about continuing to mod, or promising to quit modding. I will say though, that my intention is to quit.. or rather.. im going to TRY and quit.

Anyway, thats all i got. TM is, what it is, ive done my best. Its not perfect, but its close enough.

:up: Thanks for sharing it with us. It sure is close to perfection! Ducimus, a name to remember! Perhaps one day...... , for now: THANK YOU, sir.:up: