SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Mass Shooting thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252862)

Buddahaid 05-07-23 01:38 PM

I was being sarcastic but I bet a few at the mall were armed other than the cop.

August 05-07-23 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2866751)
"We" don't have to, they can arm themselves, like I did back when I was working retail.

Well put.

Onkel Neal 05-08-23 05:56 AM

I think I mentioned this before, the closest I've come to violent crime was in 2012-ish when I was working at Cycle Gear. On my day off, after the store closed, it was routine for one of the employees to take out the trash through the back door. This night some dude with a mask and a handgun was waiting for him, and bumrushed him into the store. The robber made the two employees open the safe. Then he herded them into the sales area and made them lay on the floor while he scooped up a few high end helmets. No one was injured. Of course this happens on my night off.

I watched the whole thing on the store's surveillance tape the next day. Interesting how the robber did not check the employees for weapons. He set his gun down a few times to open boxes, as if the possibility of armed resistance was zero. :hmmm:

Onkel Neal 05-09-23 07:20 AM

Texas House is working on a bill to raise the age of sale of military style rifles to 21. Would not have done anything in the Allen shooting, though. Go ahead, raise it to 30, fine with me.

Details about the right wing lunatic:

Quote:

His online activity also betrayed a fascination with white supremacy and mass shootings, which he described as sport. Photos he posted showed large Nazi tattoos on his arm and torso, including a swastika and the SS lightning bolt logo of Hitler's paramilitary forces.
Men who have nazi tatoos generally have a record. We need a new law that says if you are convicted out a crime and you have nazi tatoos, add another 30 years yo the sentence. Send them to a internment camp, out in the Nevada desert. Concentrate them there so it will keep all the facilities efficient, you know.

Jimbuna 05-09-23 07:41 AM

Set up a mandatory requirement for tattoo artists to notify the authorities of anyone requiring these kinds of tattoos.

Onkel Neal 05-09-23 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2867013)
Set up a mandatory requirement for tattoo artists to notify the authorities of anyone requiring these kinds of tattoos.

Hell yeah.

MaDef 05-09-23 08:47 AM

Quote:

Texas House is working on a bill to raise the age of sale of military style rifles to 21. Would not have done anything in the Allen shooting, though. Go ahead, raise it to 30, fine with me.
Don't agree unless you increase the age of majority to 21, or do it via a Constitutional Amendment. curbing a persons "Constitutional Rights" should not be done on a whim.

August 05-09-23 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDef (Post 2867028)
Don't agree unless you increase the age of majority to 21, or do it via a Constitutional Amendment. curbing a persons "Constitutional Rights" should not be done on a whim.

This ^

Onkel Neal 05-09-23 10:54 PM

I'm all for raising the voting age too. And require proof of employment & paying income taxes to vote. Also, if you commit a crime, you lose your right to own a firearm and if you are caught with one, minimum 20 years in max security prison, no parole.

Gorpet 05-17-23 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2867113)
I'm all for raising the voting age too. And require proof of employment & paying income taxes to vote. Also, if you commit a crime, you lose your right to own a firearm and if you are caught with one, minimum 20 years in max security prison, no parole.

How about if they were caught on camera commiting a murder or they left enough dna there's no question they were there. I mean here in florida we had 2 suspect's go into a house at night. And beat 6 people to death with baseball bats over an X box. They busted their heads apart like watermelons. Every first responder to that crime scene is now receiving mental health care for the rest of their lives
You want to stop this shbit.I think the French guillotine on pay per view would reduce crime in 36 months. Down to those who have been living life on death row to absolute zero.