SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH3 Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   Mission started - but people get kicked (crash) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=84344)

Krieg-Schwein 12-30-05 12:32 AM

maps keep kicking players

evrery map I make kicks all the players after I pass a certain point for some reason, its real frusterating to have a good game going and evry body gets kicked.
Its not my internet because it always happens when I get so far ahead of the point I started from
Any help appriceted!

meridklt 01-09-06 10:35 AM

How do I stop spawning

I'm very new to this and don't see where I can stop spawning taking place. If it can be done, could someone explain please.

Spike 02-12-06 03:47 PM

New Campaign!

http://pub.theartofwarfare.net/modul...rder=0&thold=0

booger2005 03-24-06 02:19 AM

What AI submarine would you want in a single mission?

Currently, I'm working on an update to my Leopoldville mission as well as finishing off two brand new historical missions, which I hope to finish off next week (Spring Break) :P

I also have several more historical missions in the planning stages or early works. For one or two, I need to use an AI submarine (will be enemy) to represent a very rare and unusual type that isn't in SHIII (nor would I ever expect it to be). Thanks to the wonderful modding community, there are several options for what I could use. So, which is the most common/best choice?

CaptainNemo12 01-15-07 05:29 PM

Mission Crashes!

Hi guys,

I downloaded the S-class submarine from Sergbuto's page here:

http://web.telia.com/~u18230645/

After I installed it using JSGME, I decided to create a mission with it. When I validated the mission, nothing was wrong. However, when the mission loading bar was full, the screen went blank and an error message appeared, prompting to close SH3. I made sure that the mission folder had the same name as the .mis file.

What's wrong? Is the S-class known to have some flaws?

CaptainNemo12 01-15-07 05:44 PM

Is this because there's no Media.cfg configuration file located in the mission folder? If so how can I create one?

CaptainNemo12 01-15-07 09:43 PM

Well I copied the media.cfg from one of the other folders into the mission folder created. However, the game still crashes despite this. Can someone please tell tell me if the S-class sub is know to have flaws??

robj250 01-16-07 05:52 PM

Screen goes black

Three times this afternoon, while playing my second mission using GWX with the Dec 23 corrections, mods added after that are FurbarsVIIC U201 and Sobers3D Waves. I haven't even got out of Kiel and after 15 minutes (SH3 time) my monitor goes black. I did not have any problems with GWX prior to installing the Corrections and the two mods.

This occurred in a matter of an hour. I cannot figure out why the mission should crash.

Help, Rob

mr chris 01-17-07 07:08 AM

Hi Rob,
Did you install the 23rd corrections first then the other mods?
If not this might be your problem as the corrections should be installed first then any optional mods.:up:

robj250 01-17-07 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr chris
Hi Rob,
Did you install the 23rd corrections first then the other mods?
If not this might be your problem as the corrections should be installed first then any optional mods.:up:

Yes, The Corrections were installed first, then the other mods. I'm not sure whether Sobers3DWaves is compatible with GWX Corrections.

Additional: I removed the two Mods (Furbars and sober3dwaves) and GWX seems to be operating okay, at least I have made it 1/2 way through the Kiel Canal.

Is Sobers3Dwaves compatible with the Corrections or GWX???

bigboywooly 01-17-07 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainNemo12
Well I copied the media.cfg from one of the other folders into the mission folder created. However, the game still crashes despite this. Can someone please tell tell me if the S-class sub is know to have flaws??

You can try removing the cam file from the s class
If still no good then try cloning with pack 3d

Jimbuna 01-23-07 10:36 AM

Quote:

Is Sobers3Dwaves compatible with the Corrections or GWX???
Apologies for the latenes of my response (your probably already sorted)...I am using Sobers3Dwaves without experiencing any adverse effects :nope:
I agree with BBW :yep: it is probably something to do with the S class sub :yep:

melnibonian 01-23-07 01:52 PM

Same here as Jim. I'm using Sober's 3D waves and I have absolutelly no problem with GWX.

Rasher 04-18-07 08:37 AM

Open Hatch Mods

Hi

I downloaded a few of the OH Mods and Correct periscope mod for different sub types and installed them through GME. Im using GWX with SH3 Commander 2.7. The mods are not shown when i load the game. I've rolled back sh3 commander before installing them but to no avail. Can anyone tell me if they are compatible with GWX SH3 Commander?

Thanks

Rasher:)

Snacko 05-18-07 07:28 PM

Never mind...

Never Mind, posted in wrong forum...

Lagger123987 05-19-07 12:15 PM

How do you make a navel base?

Testus01 05-23-07 09:04 AM

GWX own multiplayer mission: CTD

Hi all,
Using GWX 1.03, any idea why a simple just designed multiplayer mission always crashes after 7 minutes with 3 players in the game (server does not crash) : dates, ship caracteristics ?
A generated mission works fine.
Thanks.

Binky1st 06-14-07 05:20 AM

You need to make shure everyone in the game has the same mods installed in the mod enabler or it will crash in multiplayer.

Atillium 07-24-07 05:30 PM

Single mission crashes

Hi all!

I've got a problem with the mission editor of SH3. I'm trying to make a BB vs BB action. All is well in the editor, the scenario saves ok. After starting up SH3, the mission also runs ok. Up to the point where the first ship gets destroyed. Than the game crashes to desktop. It doesn't matter what ship gets hit first, as soon as the first one goes down it crashes. In any scenario I tried to make so far.

I'm using the latest version of GWX. I've not experienced any crashes or bugs so far in stock or GWX single missions, or in the GC.

Can anybody help me out on this?!

Otto Von Bismark 08-06-07 06:34 PM

Ummm, ive had this problem before trying to do a custom single player mission on SH3. (I was trying to renact ther battle of Casablanca) although intially it ran well, at some point for no reason it crashed (bout 5 mins into the mission), the only reason for this that i can think of is that i had too many surface units on the map engaging each other (17 DDs, 2 BBs, 1 AC etc) so my system spec may have been too weak to cope. :cry:

Or more unlikey it could be due to the ship model itself. I found that when the American DD units approached Casablanca harbour, it crashed, but once again it could be becuase of the above reason.

hope this may be of help to ya ! :up: