SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Wolfpack (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   [REL] Solution Solver 2.3 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=240575)

Gali 05-27-19 06:43 AM

Ooops yeah it works, i feel confused... what i was doing is enter new dimensions on a selected already save ship, then the datas changed .....:k_confused:
Now i'm ready for 150k !!!
:Kaleun_Cheers:

birkenmoped 06-04-19 04:34 PM

Hello gutted! Thanks for your work and this great tool! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

A dream would be a "Solution Solver" version for tablets like iPad. The handling would be very similar to a real "disc" and you wouldn't have to play in window mode or tab out to use it. :arrgh!:

ceh 06-04-19 07:04 PM

Hehe, true... I went so far as to set up a virtual machine with Solver running on it, and then remote-desktop onto the VM from my tablet :)

Didn't work too well, touch/rightclick issues :(

gutted 06-04-19 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birkenmoped (Post 2612857)
A dream would be a "Solution Solver" version for tablets like iPad.

With a grand total of zero donations... i wouldn't hold your breath for one. Though if i ever do, it would be on android or surface because A) I dont own a mac. And B) I never will own a mac, so an IPad version is never going to happen.

birkenmoped 06-05-19 11:44 AM

Oh, I'm sorry about zero donation. Then I guess I'll put something in the developer's coffee/beer cash box. I thought, the others (TM) have already done this generously! :oops:

:Kaleun_Cheers:

gutted 06-20-19 02:05 AM

Very slight update.

Was looking into a DPI scaling issue and noticed that the new Periscope Solver control would pointlessly redraw itself whenever the mouse moved even if no mouse buttons were held down. Sounds minor, but after noticing the misplaced Render() call.. it was bugging me. The only way YOU would have ever noticed it yourself is if you somehow had task manager open and saw GPU activity when moving your mouse across the control with no buttons held down.

New version is 2.3.3

kaptnkrunch 07-30-19 08:59 PM

Dumb Question

ok.. so tried running this on Win 10 and in compatibility mode Win 8 .. cannot get it to run.. any ideas? Thanks!!

birkenmoped 07-31-19 09:33 AM

No probs on Win10 on my side.

Do you checked:

Requirements:
A graphics card that is not a potato.

Since this is a .NET app written in C#, i used some Managed components of DirectX to render the dials for speed. Not all DirectX installers come with those components. So you may or may not need to run the full directX web installer to get them if they are missing from your system.

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

See also first Posting

We needed to install this first on a Win10 Tablet...

kaptnkrunch 07-31-19 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birkenmoped (Post 2620954)
No probs on Win10 on my side.

Do you checked:

Requirements:
A graphics card that is not a potato.

Since this is a .NET app written in C#, i used some Managed components of DirectX to render the dials for speed. Not all DirectX installers come with those components. So you may or may not need to run the full directX web installer to get them if they are missing from your system.

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

See also first Posting

We needed to install this first on a Win10 Tablet...

I saw that.. graphics is new GForce.. I will check DirectX install. The computer I have is less than 30 days old.. latest Win 10 updates..

birkenmoped 07-31-19 10:00 AM

My gaming computer had probably already installed all important DirectX components through various game installations. So I had no problems running the Solution Solver.

On the "virgin" Win10 Tablet, the DirectX web installer was necessary, although I assumed that DirectX was delivered completely with Windows 10!

kaptnkrunch 07-31-19 06:04 PM

Dumb Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by birkenmoped (Post 2620961)
My gaming computer had probably already installed all important DirectX components through various game installations. So I had no problems running the Solution Solver.

On the "virgin" Win10 Tablet, the DirectX web installer was necessary, although I assumed that DirectX was delivered completely with Windows 10!

OK.. so lesson learned .. new gaming PC does NOT mean latest and greatest DirectX

Installed / updated DirectX - fixed all my problems

Thanks!!!!

P_Funk 03-06-20 08:49 PM

I think I've noted a slight error on the KM attack disc that's been there since it was originally made.

Looking at the speed ring on the ahistorical reverse side the location of the long mark to indicate 3.2 knots appears to be inaccurately scrunched up only 2 marks from 3.1 knots. Looking back at old copies of the printable disk shows the same discrepency, and you can see it in the images for the original Angriffsscheibe Handbuch from 2008.

I assume its an error since it doesn't seem in proportion to the rest of the log scale. Is it worth anyone's time to fix this? I dunno. :P

Pisces 03-07-20 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P_Funk (Post 2652929)
I think I've noted a slight error on the KM attack disc that's been there since it was originally made.

Looking at the speed ring on the ahistorical reverse side the location of the long mark to indicate 3.2 knots appears to be inaccurately scrunched up only 2 marks from 3.1 knots. Looking back at old copies of the printable disk shows the same discrepency, and you can see it in the images for the original Angriffsscheibe Handbuch from 2008.

I assume its an error since it doesn't seem in proportion to the rest of the log scale. Is it worth anyone's time to fix this? I dunno. :P

I am hazarding a guess that this is an intended feature . It is in fact the 3.14 mark. And you could use this as the number pi in some calculations. It is replicated on both distance and speed scales.

P_Funk 03-07-20 07:06 AM

That is interesting and makes sense. Two thoughts. One, I think it would make more sense to include such a feature as a specially coloured mark to make it easier to scan past it when not used (and find it when desired). Two, on the meters scale it appears that the mark is additional to the 3100 and 3200 marks while on the knots scale the 3.2 knot mark is not emphasized and is level with the other lower marks.

I think the omission of the higher 3.2 mark is unintentional since there is no omission on the meters scale.

Pisces 03-07-20 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P_Funk (Post 2652973)

I think the omission of the higher 3.2 mark is unintentional since there is no omission on the meters scale.

The 3.2 nautical mile mark is slightly higher than the small digit ones on my physical printed attackdisk. I think it was drawn with a purpose.

P_Funk 03-07-20 09:36 AM

When I look closely at the print version yes I see it, but that subtle indicator doesn't appear to be on the Solution Solver version of it.

I think the fact that it was overlooked when the wheel was redone demonstrates the less than ideal way that's been indicated.

P.Konrad 03-12-20 08:57 AM

Very Impressive, Thank you

Great stuff mate, works like a charm. My lines where not perfect but they showed up within 100 yards from 9.4nm starting distance. I used the sonar tracking PDF.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tNW...dgjd95_iT/view
Superb. Highly recommended. 10/10 Kindest regards Paul.:Kaleun_Salute:

DakotaDreamer 04-13-20 04:51 PM

Disagreement in Hydrophone tool

2 Attachment(s)
Newcomer here... I can't get the results in my 2.3.3 Hydrophone tool to match what's in the examples.

Example:

Attachment 3089

Mine:

Attachment 3090

What am I doing wrong here? I've looked at my entered values and clicked send in various orders. I can't see the difference.

PS How to get the inline image to show inline at full size? Looked in the bbcode info for 'attach' nothing there. Also clicking opens a new tab with the thumbnail and when yu close that you see the full size overlay over the original image??? Sorry guys, like I said I am a newcomer.

Pisces 04-13-20 06:59 PM

There is nothing wrong with your result. The example is somehow in error. Maybe made before a bug was fixed.

The example shows an approaching target. But like your results, it is infact a receding target. Bearing differences of 7 between B1 and B2, and total bearing difference B3-B1 of 13 indicate an AOB of 117 at B1 and 130 at B3. Bearings are contracting, meaning it is going to the horizon. Your earned your dolphins. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

When I click on the thumbnails it opens as a new tab in my browser showing the thumbnail again. When I close it, the original tab shows your images in a larger, properly readable preview screen. (in Chrome)

DakotaDreamer 04-13-20 07:40 PM

On the Hydrophone tool, thank you. I thought my result made sense. Reducing bearing change means receding target.

On the posting of images, I will move that discussion to Comments to SUBSIM Review which is the closest area to forum help topics I can find.