SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Atlantic Fleet / Pacific Fleet (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=286)
-   -   Introducing Pacific Fleet: new action sim for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=197955)

Killerfish Games 09-11-12 07:01 PM

We received feedback from Apple last night with 2 trivial changes needed.
1) Fixed a bug with iPad support
2) Removed flags from Pacific map and ship info panels

Changes are made and the revised version is already back to them and waiting review.

joea 09-12-12 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopaman2 (Post 1932250)
Meh, me and my android phone.

See what I get for being non conformist?

35$ a month. Beats the crap outta apple.:D I'll live.

Think the price depends more on the carrier (you with ATT, Verizon etc.). :know:

And actually you are very conformist. :O:

Anyway looks cool, I am still also hoping for the Wolves of the Atlantic release next year. No news there I'm afraid. :-?

v-i-c- 09-12-12 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacific Fleet (Post 1933085)

What is the reason for that request? I think I remember some weird rules not to use real life persons or countries in games… but it is two years ago that I've actually really checked the App Store rules.

Killerfish Games 09-12-12 11:39 AM

Regarding the flags; they were deemed to be in violation of section 15.3 of the current App Store Review guidelines. I'm not sure if the guidelines are public information; thus will leave it to you to look it up.

Killerfish Games 09-14-12 12:13 PM

Some interesting press on Pacific Fleet. The crux of the issue does not appear to be that flags of a nation are featured within the game; but the inconsistency with which some games featuring flags are approved while others are not.

Story 1

Story 2

Kloef 09-14-12 06:08 PM

Makes me wish i had an IPho.., nah what am i saying:timeout::haha:

Can't wait for the Android version:woot:

Any modders allready working on this for our benefit?:D

Malakie 09-19-12 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacific Fleet (Post 1933085)
We received feedback from Apple last night with 2 trivial changes needed.
1) Fixed a bug with iPad support

Changes are made and the revised version is already back to them and waiting review.

I wish you luck with your game and hope you see some success. You have more guts taking a chance with Apple than I do.

That being said...

That is why I will never ever support Apple in any manner. For them to tell a developer what he can and cannot code, how they can and cannot write their software and what they can and cannot include or put into their software.... no way will I ever cater to any company that forces me to do such things..

It is nothing more than censorship and direct control of the entire market.

Killerfish Games 09-19-12 10:37 PM

:ping: PACIFIC FLEET NOW AVAILABLE :ping:

Killerfish Games 09-19-12 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakie (Post 1936560)
I wish you luck with your game and hope you see some success. You have more guts taking a chance with Apple than I do.

Thanks for the well wishes.
In my case I feel it is more of a blind passion for gaming than guts :yep:
Also if its any consolation, Pacific Fleet was developed 100% on a PC.

Sonarman 09-20-12 06:34 AM

Congratulations on the launch Paul, hope the game is a big success for you and allows you to develop the PC and android versions and move on to even greater things in the near future... off to purchase now!

Timothy 09-20-12 09:06 AM

Paul,

I just purchased and downloaded this Pacific Fleet game to my Ipod Touch. When I try to start the game, an opening screen comes on that states "Powered by Unity Loading...". After about fifteen seconds of this screen being on, I hear about a second of intro music come on and then the game closes the intro screen and boots me back to my Ipod menu screen. Please check this out since something is wrong with your game and it will not even start! This is the first game that I purchased for my Ipod Touch which did not work!

I hope you can identify and fix this problem before more people purchase this game. I am really excited about this game and hope this problem can be solved soon.

Best regards.

v-i-c- 09-20-12 09:43 AM

Try to close all open apps and restart the device. If an app consumes more than 50% of the available RAM it might be killed by the system.

EDIT: Tested on 3GS & iPad 1 (both have only 256mb RAM) during the splashscreen it reaches 145mb and gets killed:

http://www.hessburg.com/pictures/ZZ0A4A894A.jpg

You could possibly quickly fix this by adding an almost empty loading scene (2nd splashscreen for example) as first level which loads the main game. Springboard sometimes kills apps that needs to much time to load. But the problem could be possibly that it is just using to much RAM at all for 256mb devices.

Timothy 09-20-12 10:20 AM

Thanks for the suggestion.

Everything on my Ipod Touch is closed and I'm still not able to get this game to start. I noticed on another forum that someone with an Ipad is also having the exact same problem that I am.

Hopefully the game designer will be able to see this post soon and look into the problem.

Sonarman 09-20-12 11:04 AM

Same problem here , I've emailed Paul/Pacific Fleet about the problem but he's probably asleep at the moment as he's in Australia! Hope he manages to get it fixed soon to prevent what looks like a great game being hurt by negative reviews.

Killerfish Games 09-20-12 11:27 AM

Thanks for the bug reports folks. Looking into it :hmmm:

During testing the game was able to run on the following hardware:
iphone 3GS - 4.0.2
iphone 4 - 4.3.1
iphone 4 - 5.1.1
ipad (3rd gen) - 5.1.1
ipod touch 8GB - 4.2.1 (some textures not displayed due to armv7 requirement, but ran fine on armv6 builds)

Memory management looks like the primary target as has been suggested.
Could folks with issues please post the iOS version for their hardware.

Sonarman 09-20-12 12:28 PM

ipod touch 32gb 4g v5.1.1 9b206 -- crashes after "powered by unity" loading sequence

also tried on my daughter's 3g ipod touch running same version 5.1.1 software --also crashing.

I think you are right, that it is memory management as the crashing point is variable... sometimes after the black loading screen, sometimes at the title screen and sometimes in the first few minutes in the 3d world.

v-i-c- 09-20-12 01:31 PM

iPad 1 - iOS 5.1.1
iPhone 3GS - iOS 6.0

Killerfish Games 09-20-12 01:36 PM

I think I've found the issue!
Looks like there were a few bugs with audio compression resulting in native (i.e. big) files going into the final build. The music score was added after testing on the 3GS was done which would explain why its now crashing on 256MB hardware.

Testing the build now and will have it back to Apple within a few hours if all goes well. Unfortunately I don't have 256MB hardware to verify the fix actually works... but I'm feeling lucky.

Killerfish Games 09-20-12 05:00 PM

v1.01 has been submitted for approval.

v1.01
- fixed crash on load for iPad 1st gen and 3GS users.
- fixed minor UI display bug on iPad
- decreased camera pan sensitivity (adjustable slider will be added in a future update)

Dekessey 09-20-12 11:27 PM

3GS
iOS 5.0.1

CTD after loading