SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Mark 16 wake (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=247008)

Gray Lensman 10-19-20 02:17 PM

I did some searching in regards to the Mk 16 wake and came up empty. However, it's propulsion system did in fact differ from the Mk 14 in that the Mk 14 used a wet heater steam turbine and the Mk 16 used a Hydrogen Peroxide (Navol) turbine, so it's quite possible the Mk16 wake was diminished in comparison to the Mk 14. I tried searching out "Navol", and "Hydrogen Peroxide" turbines separately with No Joy.

I did run across some side facts that were interesting. One, being the Mk16 had the largest explosive charge of any torpedo designed and was used in ASROC launchers post WW2. The second being that even though the Mk16 were designed near the end of WW2, none were ever used during WW2.

Nisgeis 10-31-20 12:49 PM

Is there another torpedo which exhibits the same behaviour you want, US or Gemran? It will be something in the .dat .sim or (more unlikely) .zon file probably.

ETR3(SS) 11-01-20 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2701467)
let me ask you this, since you are adept enough to know about torpedo wakes.:D

i am playing We Dive at Dawn and would like to add the Mk27 to the only torpedo available which is the Mark 16. there is only one sub type available, the Triton class.
i've ensured that the Mk27 is available in the Triton.upc and i have added the torpedo into the Ammunition.upc.
the Torpedos_US files are the same as in Stock-SH4 so there was nothing to add/change there.
the Mk27 will display in the torpedo selection screen while we are in port so i can add it to the inventory.
however when i actually fire it, SH4 goes CTD.
clearly, i am missing at least one more item.
any help you provide will be appreciated.
:Kaleun_Salute:

Sorry it took me so long to get back. You need to edit the entry in the weapons.upc as well for the torpedo tube used under AmmoTypesAccepted=.

KaleunMarco 11-01-20 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 2704183)
Sorry it took me so long to get back. You need to edit the entry in the weapons.upc as well for the torpedo tube used under AmmoTypesAccepted=.

yeah, the Mk27 was there already.
and i copied the Ammo.UPC entry from Stock.
i updated the Submarine.UPC to make it available.
The US_Torpedo.Sim, Zon already had the entries because the Brit subs are sailing under the SH4-US Subs models.

i am missing something simple.

THANKS for your help!
:Kaleun_Salute:

Brightstar6 06-01-22 05:09 PM

No torpedo wake

If you want wakeless torps just go to your data/misc/torp wake..And delete it..Works for me..:D:up: