SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5 Let's play. Fluffer at sea Video series (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=240165)

Boomfunkmc 03-11-19 07:30 AM

A quick little video showing how I do my quick manual setup of the TDC using no map calculations, or lock on. Hope you enjoy :Kaleun_Salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-VQ...ature=youtu.be

Fifi 03-11-19 09:28 AM

:up:

That’s always how i proceed in any silent hunter serie :03:

Deepseadiver 03-11-19 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=Boomfunkmc;2596218]A quick little video showing how I do my quick manual setup of the TDC using no map calculations, or lock on. Hope you enjoy :Kaleun_Salute:

You guessed the AOB from the target view?

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Boomfunkmc 03-11-19 12:16 PM

Hello Deepseadiver :Kaleun_Salute: , yes I guessed the AOB to the best of my abilities. Unless you are WAY off on your AOB, it usually is forgiving on close to medium range. At long range, say at about 6km out, you need a more accurate estimate of the AOB.

Deepseadiver 03-11-19 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomfunkmc (Post 2596239)
Hello Deepseadiver :Kaleun_Salute: , yes I guessed the AOB to the best of my abilities. Unless you are WAY off on your AOB, it usually is forgiving on close to medium range. At long range, say at about 6km out, you need a more accurate estimate of the AOB.

AOB is what i struggle with. So i assume you just imagined yourself on the bridge of the target ship and guessed it from that position rather than from your subs position?

Boomfunkmc 03-11-19 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepseadiver (Post 2596241)
So i assume you just imagined yourself on the bridge of the target ship and guessed it from that position rather than from your subs position?

That is correct. I imagine myself standing on the bridge of the enemy ship, looking directly at my submarine

Sjizzle 03-11-19 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomfunkmc (Post 2596252)
That is correct. I imagine myself standing on the bridge of the enemy ship, looking directly at my submarine

there are charts to help u to get accurate AOB... there is also the attack disk which can help u to get an accurate AOB...

Fifi 03-11-19 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomfunkmc (Post 2596239)

Exactly :up:

Speed is more important factor than AOB.
You can wait last second to enter 90 AOB when ship is full 90° in your scope.
Little AOB error, you’ll hit anyway.
Little speed error, you’ll miss for sure...

THEBERBSTER 03-11-19 04:51 PM

Hi Guys
Fully tested Stormy's DBSM v1.3 SH5 v1.3 Basemod with the Sh.sdl file removed and is 100% compatible in game to date having sunk a number of ships no ctd's.

Stormys DBSM v1.3

How To Make Stormy's DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod Compatible With TWoS
Add the mod last unless using the TWoS Real Navigation Mod which should then be placed last.
Peter

Deepseadiver 03-11-19 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2596276)
there are charts to help u to get accurate AOB... there is also the attack disk which can help u to get an accurate AOB...

Which chart do you suggest for a simpleton like me to quickly get AOB? The attack disk looks far too complicated for me.

Deepseadiver 03-11-19 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2596320)
Hi Guys
Fully tested Stormy's DBSM v1.3 SH5 v1.3 Basemod with the Sh.sdl file removed and is 100% compatible in game to date having sunk a number of ships no ctd's.

Stormys DBSM v1.3

Add the mod last unless using the TWoS Real Navigation Mod which should then be placed last.
Peter

im going to install that into my TWOS game..is it just a straight load of Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod mod with JSGME?

cheers :Kaleun_Salute:

Deepseadiver 03-11-19 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2596288)
Exactly :up:

Speed is more important factor than AOB.
You can wait last second to enter 90 AOB when ship is full 90° in your scope.
Little AOB error, you’ll hit anyway.
Little speed error, you’ll miss for sure...

:Kaleun_Cheers:I have worked out a few things..speed of target, ID of target range, my patrol zone etc..but AOB eludes me. Also worked out how to get more KM's out of my boat. My other problem is locating targets.

I do hydrophone searches and even use the scripts but nothing!!

THEBERBSTER 03-11-19 07:11 PM

Instructions

How To Make Stormy's DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod Compatible With TWoS
Peter

bstanko6 03-12-19 01:28 AM

@deepseadiver...
AOB Can be a very confusing topic. But in all reality there are only Five angles we need to be associated with. Zero, 180, 90, 135, and 45. Port or starboard doesn’t matter it’s the same for both sides. All we need to really concentrate on our those angles and as long as we can recognize them you can easily adjust by Eye the finer AOB you need.

abaileyatd 03-12-19 02:32 AM

RAOBF :Kaleun_Cheers: