SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Las Vegas: 59 dead in Mandalay Bay shooting (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233637)

Jimbuna 10-02-17 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2516360)
Hefty. 50 dead, 200 wounded. What kind of freak was that?

A freak with a lot of firearms and a lot of ammunition.

Onkel Neal 10-02-17 11:57 AM

Automatic weapon, 32nd floor, shooting across a street at a large concert crowd within a fenced area... There was some serious planning involved here.

Julhelm 10-02-17 12:44 PM

Anyone know what weapon he used?

eddie 10-02-17 12:52 PM

Such a sad and tragic event, my heart goes out to all who suffered from this ignorant act.

Jimbuna 10-02-17 12:53 PM

Too early to say but the authorities are suggesting at least one of the weapons may have been modified to allow fully automatic bursts of fire.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/u...s.html?mcubz=1

eddie 10-02-17 12:56 PM

They say he had 10 different rifles in his room when they found him. I want to know how you get that many weapons into a hotel, without anyone noticing!?!

mapuc 10-02-17 01:36 PM

It's hard to believe that someone can do such a terrible thing. It's also hard to get a grip about.

I have also noticed there are people who are beginning to create conspiracy about this event.

1. Someone have killed this 64 years old and use him as an scapegoat,

2. He had converted to Islam and acted under order from ISIS.

That is the problem when some people have to much fantasy/imagination and can't see the different between reality and fantasy.

It is so terrible. I hope they will find out why this person did it.

Markus

mako88sb 10-02-17 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 2516432)
They say he had 10 different rifles in his room when they found him. I want to know how you get that many weapons into a hotel, without anyone noticing!?!

He planned it well to get the maximum carnage possible so I don't think it would have been too hard for him to find a way to get the weapons to his room. I don't know how long he was actually there. A few days? It would just take a few trips and I imagine he selected weapons that would be fairly easy to conceal.

Platapus 10-02-17 02:29 PM

Quote:

luggage?

break down the rifles and put it in luggage

Rockstar 10-02-17 02:59 PM

Quote:

http://www.caddie.com/common/imges_p...p1_400x400.jpg

Mr Quatro 10-02-17 03:21 PM

He left us a few clues ...

1. He was a pilot and owned a small plane spells he is not that dumb
2. He owned several homes and just sold them moving into the one he has now
3. He was a heavy gambler into video poker
4. He had more guns and ammunition at home
5. His own brother, who lives in California, moved him into his present home a year ago
6. His own brother didn't know he was into guns
7. He checked into that hotel on Thursday
8. The country music festival was Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night ...
9. That many guns and stock pile of ammunition had to be premeditated
10 He didn't know how to shoot an automatic weapon or he would've shot in small burst ... :yep:

Whoever sold him those guns semi or automatic is probably on the run before the ATF catches up with him :o

Dowly 10-02-17 04:17 PM

Americans Hopeful This Will Be Last Mass Shooting Before They Stop On Their Own For No Reason

STEED 10-02-17 04:20 PM

^Sad fact is that is not going to happen.

eddie 10-02-17 04:42 PM

Well, this tragic event will knock Puerto Rico off the front page, we are going to be inundated with this news for a week or more, the talking heads following up with their keen insight as to what happened and why. Repeated showings of half blurred video's from cell phones, will be shown over and over. The media just feeds off of tragedy's like this, each news outlet will say they have news no one else has, and are the first to report on it. Whole thing will be sickening.

Skybird 10-02-17 04:51 PM

I add three possible theories to the list of maybes:

1. He got blackmailed and something or somebody dear to him was threatened. I give it less than 2% probability.

2. He simply was a dude who was all life long not really recognised as what he really was: some strange dude who wanted to see the world burning for the sake of this, and nothing more. I give this 25%.

3. He got some bad news, maybe a terminal cancer diagnosis or something like this, and wanted to leave the stage with a big bang. 25%.