SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Who still plays SC? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=92114)

Bellman 04-27-06 04:07 AM

SD: That sounds promising - look forward to that ! :up:

My 'disillusionment' is with DW MP via Gamespy ! Oh for the good 'ole days ! SCX dives with the likeminded :cool:

Linton 04-27-06 06:25 PM

ramius are you out there and still playing this wonderful game,and is thomassew still active?

Molon Labe 04-27-06 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XabbaRus
I don't know. Of late I have become more dissillusioned with DW. Some of the stuff that people are reported that still isn't fixed since day one. Certain things like FFG TMA keeping targets at 5.5 nm regardless of what sensor picked it up.

I'm going to wait and see with the 1.04 patch.

You know, I could have sworn that was fixed in 1.03... better go check.

Yep, it was. :stare:

Hitman 04-29-06 03:48 AM

Quote:

Hitman I am working on some for SCXIIc and when I have them ready I will send some to you.
I would love to look at you campaign.

Have a good one,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Hi Ron,

thanks will love to play them :D As for my scenarios, my main problem comes with the goals, as I haven't yet managed to make them work properly, specially the "stay undetected" one and the dynamic ones. For example I have a short campaign (An operation divided in three missions) in the cold war where you command a sturgeon and are tasked to enter undetected the Persian Gulf avoiding iranian patrols in the strait of Hormuz, conduct a special mission and leave again undetected. And I can't manage to make the "stay undetected" goal work properly as well as having the sim add more patrols looking for you in the second mission if you were detected in the first :-? I guess it's all a matter of practice, but unfortunately lack much time to dedicate the needed hours for this.... :nope:

Cheers

Bellman 05-01-06 02:40 AM

I wonder whether there are enough of us interested in having some MP action ?

From the posts here, and elsewhere, there is a hint of a few old SC divers frustrated with DW Gamespy,
who might relish a dive or two ? :hmm:

rman214 09-07-06 11:15 AM

I still play mine once and awhile. I like driving the older US subs like the original 688 class, the 637 class and the Permit class with the SCX mods. I guess it reminds me of my days with Microprose RSR :up: The USS Hammerhead SSN 663 was my favorite boat in those days.:arrgh!:

Grayback 11-06-06 09:20 AM

I've owned SC for a few years but haven't been able to get myself into it. It's not a fault of the game - I'm just the kind of simmer who gets intimidated by complex sims and needs to work his way through it. I've just reinstalled SC and SCXII last night. I haven't played it yet - I'll finish the intall with SCXIIc tonight (maybe) and give that SCU a try. I guess that even with SCU, I'll still confine myself to the Seawolf until I get comfortable with the game. Isn't the Seawolf the easiest of the three subs (and just about any available for the game)? I'm hoping to work my way through the advanced western ships down to the cold war soviet ships.

Linton 11-06-06 06:47 PM

I was wondering where all the SC modders have disappeared to?
DW it seems is going to be very slow to fulfill its potential so perhaps some attention could be shown back to SC.
Is there any possibility a lwami type mod could be produced?

Kapitan 11-07-06 05:49 AM

Well because of sonalasyst cant break a contract they cant release a mod but i prefer the SC for the units it has over DW but i favour DW because its more realistic.

But hey when i get my SC back im playing it.

Grayback 11-07-06 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linton
I was wondering where all the SC modders have disappeared to?

Speaking for myself, the stock game offers enough to keep me busy. I know more devoted players like to have as many mods as possible but I'm hamstrung enough just to get past the challenges of the basic game without having to worry about modding.

Wolfsflames 11-08-06 04:52 AM

im still playing, but im not good, who want to MP with me to learn me more about this beautifull game?:)

Castout 11-09-06 04:26 AM

I still got SC in my harddrive. But i seldom play it. I play SC after being frustated by DW unrealistic torpedo behavior. Now since i got LWAMI....i don't see any point of playing SC except to replay its old missions & marvelous campaign. SC definitely got waaay better campaign than DW.

Captain Nemo 11-14-06 06:57 AM

I'm into SHIII at the moment, but SC will never leave my hard drive. I fired it up a couple of weeks ago and played the quick mission Command Challenge. With SCX I think SC has the edge over DW at the moment.

Nemo

Konovalov 11-14-06 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Nemo
I'm into SHIII at the moment, but SC will never leave my hard drive.

Same here. :yep:

suBB 11-15-06 12:23 AM

i miss my thresher....:cry:

at the moment I'm making a map for dw so no SCX for me:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=92394

but how do my miss the thresher, typhoon(hull B), sierra 2, trenchent..

some of the akula variants...

688 (FLT 2, USS Dallas hull :yep:)

victor III (wheres my SC disks!!!)

and..

the spearfish torpedo :up: