SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   *** HMS Thanatus discussion and news ticker *** (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=152009)

Raptor1 05-21-09 03:39 PM

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn :06:

Letum 05-21-09 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisgeis (Post 1104887)
Letum, Slightly confused about the timings... your sig says lights on until about 12:00 GMT and lights off until about 00:00 GMT, but it's after 12:00 GMT and lights are on, so is this first day an extended period until tomorrow lunchtime, at which point the lights will go off? I'm trying to work out when the deadline for lynch / brig vote will be - midnight or midday. Am I missing some rules posted somewhere?

There isn't going to be any vote today and yes, it is an extended day.
It will be clear when you need to vote.

When we do start voting the deadline will be 12:00 GMT.

For now just make your self at home and get to know the rest of the survivors
whilst you can and they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1 (Post 1104888)
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn :06:

Not for long!

Nisgeis 05-21-09 03:59 PM

OK, thanks. I won't have to stay up to midnight now then :-).

Onkel Neal 05-21-09 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force (Post 1104869)
I thought neal was playing.:hmmm:

I wanted to, but I had a trip planned for Saturday, and the game didn't start as quickly as I hoped :wah:

Task Force 05-21-09 04:23 PM

Well theres always next time. (probably around november /december we should have the 3rd one.:yep:

Raptor1 05-21-09 04:28 PM

I think I'll volunteer to do the next one

A Very Super Market 05-21-09 10:09 PM

Pardon me? I have information on the rescue team? I am a part of it, but I don't know much about it. I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

Silverraptor 05-21-09 11:37 PM

I was wondering about the landscape around the sub, is the ground unstable or on a fault line? Because that would make things more suspenseful.

TarJak 05-22-09 12:34 AM

Haven't we got enough problems?:haha:

Silverraptor 05-22-09 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarJak (Post 1105106)
Haven't we got enough problems?:haha:

You can NEVER have enough problems. BWHAHAHAHAHA:har:

SandyCaesar 05-22-09 01:32 AM

Would it help if we managed to work out the design details/backstory of the sub? You never know what might be a plot point.

We know it runs off a lead-cooled reactor, as established by the in-game chatter. I conjecture that it has multiple pressure hulls, like a Typhoon-class, and was thus (at least partially) built by the Russians, given that the entire submarine hasn't been crushed flat. (Aren't retcons wonderful?)

Since it's an international crew, it's chartered by the Royal Navy. Someone already pointed that out. No ultra-sensitive materials onboard, so everything is about civilian-level--that includes sonar, radio, and ROVs. No torpedoes and no ESM/etc., and probably lax on sound discipline. She's not built to fight, after all.

...anything else?:ping:

Raptor1 05-22-09 01:37 AM

I highly doubt part of the vessel is built by the Russians, they aren't the only ones capable of building those. There are torpedo tubes but I doubt the boat is carrying any torpedoes on this trip

EDIT: Whoops, I was sure Letum said that there were somewhere, but guess not...

TarJak 05-22-09 02:23 AM

No the tubes are difinately full of testing equiment and sensors, so nor torps. Part of the scientific effort you know.

baggygreen 05-22-09 08:12 AM

Are we going to take bets on the first to be killed?

other than letum, that is:03:

mookiemookie 05-22-09 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1 (Post 1105093)
*wakes up after falling asleep on the counter, probably due to too many hours spent reading the reactor safety protocols over the last few days*

Mr. MookieMookie, I'm afraid...or not as much...that you are mistaken, the reactor is not running, it therefore does not need cooling. We are running on battery power here.

lol shows how much I know about nuclear reactors. I'm a diesel boat nut, not a SSN nut. :rotfl: