SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   2009 SUBSIM Werewolf Hunt - Signup and Q&A Thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147914)

mookiemookie 02-07-09 07:21 PM

I'm in!

Nokia 02-07-09 07:35 PM

Sounds like fun so why not!

A Very Super Market 02-07-09 07:43 PM

Hoorays! I've played this game before, but they called it mafia. Personally, I think Italians are cooler than werewolves, but whatever it's fun

Also, I'm nitpicking, but the only reason no one returns from the woods is because they want to get as far away from the town as possible.

Weiss Pinguin 02-07-09 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Very Super Market
Hoorays! I've played this game before, but they called it mafia. Personally, I think Italians are cooler than werewolves, but whatever it's fun

Italian werewolves...

Nah, that sounds too much like the Sci-Fi channel. :lol:

SandyCaesar 02-07-09 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
NICE picture, BTW. Is that the machine that will be featured in Black Shark?

Thank you, and I think it is. Haven't heard of the game, but the name of the helo is the Ka-50 "Black Shark" (or "Hokum" for NATO, but for some reason the Russians don't seem to like that name.:hmmm:) "Werewolf" was the name for the prototype, BTW.

JCWolf 02-07-09 08:37 PM

Im in..If I can yet...:up:

Cool idea...LOL:woot:

Onkel Neal 02-08-09 12:22 AM

Good response so far, I've updated the backstory a bit:

Quote:

Darkness, shadows, stretching from the medieval tower known as Nightwatch all the way to the small village, Vanvikan. A nearly full moon rose over the highest spire of the tower, casting its eerily fateful light onto the village below.

And this is where we begin. You, each of the players, are members of a U-boat resupply station in wintery Norway, just across 9 miles of fjord north of Trondheim. You are guarding a secret fuel depot, resupplying U-boats, and some of you are U-boat crews resting after an arduous patrol. There were rumors of a disease spreading through the nearby village of Vanvikan. A plague. Some said it was the disease of the wolves: that at night, when the moon was full, a man would be turned into something else - an abomination, neither man nor wolf, but a terrifying creature of death. And they said it was the tower, Nightwatch, from where the plague came.

So here you are. The madness has begun - there is no way to leave the base until the nightmare ends. No one who ventures into the woods surrounding the base ever returns. And so you are trapped. No one knows who to trust, anyone could be infected with the disease. Your goal now is simply to survive.

SandyCaesar 02-08-09 12:39 AM

Ooh, this is sounding just a biiit Wolfenstein-ish.

Lemme guess: one of our esteemed kameraden has been carrying out a few biohazard experiments, and something went wrong. Something to do with Atlantis, (Bo)vril, those pesky UFOs that we U-bootsmen have always dismissed as SH3 graphics glitches, and Hitler's clones.;)

Raptor1 02-08-09 12:51 AM

Was hoping for a more 19th-century sort of setting, but I guess WWII Norway is fine

*sharpens Luger*

Aramike 02-08-09 01:42 AM

Sounds fun, I'll play.

Task Force 02-08-09 02:08 AM

Sounds fun.:p2: Im in.

Hitman 02-08-09 03:54 AM

Looks like I'm the 20th to sign in :D ...the circle of evil is now complete and the game may begin MUUUUAAAHAHHHAHHAH :arrgh!:

NealT 02-08-09 06:02 AM

Count me in...

This will be interesting...

stabiz 02-08-09 07:35 AM

Yay, Norway! That means I dont have to travel far to drink your blo ... say hello to the fellas.

Jimbuna 02-08-09 08:27 AM

Affirmative Neal....and I'll try to cobble together a few animations http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6104/wolfmoon1hq5.jpg