SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   GWX4 (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151925)

Packerton 05-21-09 01:09 PM

Dang Fine work :up:

gimpy117 05-21-09 04:10 PM

I can see tomi's work is the flagship of the mod so far.
I'm excited to see it in game.

any work being done for fleet boats as well? or new rooms for other U-boats and or Fleet boats?

linerkiller 05-22-09 12:47 AM

Another super mod is on the slipway...i wonder what the super team will be able to do with the sh4 engine!:yep::up:
Salute
:salute:

TitaniumRR 05-25-09 06:25 AM

Thank you guys for your aspiration and the time the development takes you in advance!

Let me join and congratulate you on your efforts so far. :yeah:

Two possible options:

- Is the GWX4 going to be an independent superMOD which will have to be installed onto a pure 1.0000 version of SH4 like all the GWXes before?

- Is the GWX4 going to be a superMOD which will have to be installed onto a 1.5 version of SH4 unlike all the GWXes before?

captgeo 05-25-09 07:57 AM

Real Nice Job on the Website,.....:yeah:

Highbury 05-25-09 08:46 PM

I know very little has been said about GWX4, they are still set for "Silent Running" I do have a question however, so maybe someone can answer it now, maybe not.

GWX3 being a SHIII mod was completely Atlantic based. SHIV gives the opportunity to include Pacific operations as well in the later war (like they have done in the Operation Monsun mod).

Does anyone in or out of the GWX team know if it is planned to make use of the world map in the same or similar manner or will it be 100% Atlantic/Med based?

TarJak 05-26-09 12:03 AM

Just a correction, GWX for SHIII for some time has been a global affair with the ability to particpate in Operation Monsun in the Indian and Pacific Oceans, as well as the Mediterranean and the Black and Baltic Seas.

GWX4 will also allow players to operate in these theatres.

Highbury 05-26-09 04:28 AM

I stand corrected and TY. I haven't played GWXIII for quite some time. I haven't even looked at SHIII mods since SHIV TBH :oops:

kurfürst 05-28-09 10:58 AM

Congratulations to a great website!

The GWX 4 preview is absolute fantastic and I just can´t await the release!
I have a huge respect for what the GWX team is doing for the SubSim community! Keep up your good work!

"Wenn´s klappt gibts für jeden ´ne halbe Flasche Bier!"

Kurfürst :salute:

rvoissem 05-30-09 12:10 PM

uboat missions required?

Hi all, playing gwx 3.0 and loving it, great job to all involved. I have a question about gwx4 though. the site lists the mod being based on sh4 uboat missions. i do not have the uboat missions expansion, just stock sh4. will uboat missions be required to run gwx4 or will stock sh4 be enough?

Thanks, RV.

mr chris 05-30-09 12:26 PM

I believe you will need the U boat add on or the SH4 gold edition for GWX 4.

Jimbuna 05-30-09 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr chris (Post 1109447)

Yep http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

rvoissem 05-30-09 02:58 PM

uboat missions

Quote:

That is kinda what i thought, but just wanted to make sure. Looking forward to its release.

Later, RV.

Highbury 05-30-09 05:05 PM

Quote:

Will Gold be enough? I may be wrong but I thought Gold took the game to 1.4 but you need UBM to get to 1.5 (I am not too sure, I had the original release, then UBM)

mr chris 05-30-09 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highbury (Post 1109586)
Will Gold be enough? I may be wrong but I thought Gold took the game to 1.4 but you need UBM to get to 1.5 (I am not too sure, I had the original release, then UBM)

The SH4 Gold edition is SH4 + U-Boat add-on in one package.:up: