SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] MaGui for SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179463)

Magic1111 02-27-11 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJones (Post 1608204)
A little step of the work in post 1

Looks nice ! :up:

DrJones 03-05-11 05:40 PM

Watch Post 1 for news.

TheDarkWraith 03-05-11 05:43 PM

How did you implement teleportation? :hmmm:

DrJones 03-05-11 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1613024)
How did you implement teleportation? :hmmm:

Trying and testing......

TheDarkWraith 03-05-11 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJones (Post 1613028)
Trying and testing......

We'll see what your code looks like then :shifty:

DrJones 03-05-11 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1613032)
We'll see what your code looks like then :shifty:

I can't believe it....is the only thing what you care about, that no one is looking at your sricpting?

What about the huge amount on work someone did to improve SH5 as possible.

You wont believe, but i'am also able to read out the class structure of SH5 and to use it.

Python is not the only language i can handle....

TheDarkWraith 03-05-11 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJones (Post 1613040)
I can't believe it....is the only thing what you care about, that no one is looking at your sricpting?

What about the huge amount on work someone did to improve SH5 as possible.

You wont believe, but i'am also able to read out the class structure of SH5 and to use it.

Python is not the only language i can handle....

I don't accuse you of anything so calm down. If your code is unique then you have nothing to worry about :up:

DrJones 03-05-11 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1613042)
I don't accuse you of anything so calm down. If your code is unique then you have nothing to worry about :up:

No Problem :salute:

What i would ask you what do you think of my ideas....

i think it is important here for everyone, that those who are able to create things should work together und discuss ideas to put them together

TheDarkWraith 03-05-11 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrJones (Post 1613047)
No Problem :salute:

What i would ask you what do you think of my ideas....

i think it is important here for everyone, that those who are able to create things should work together und discuss ideas to put them together

Honestly from the image it's hard to tell. One would have to interact with it to see what the 'feel' of it is like to make better judgement.

Stormfly 03-05-11 10:19 PM

wondeferfull, i like what i see and hope we get some of the good old warm MAGui SH3 feelings back. :yeah:

This seams, in combination with TDW UI`s or not, to be a very welcome and admospheric addition for me :up:
(but a combination would be perfect ithink :06:)

Keep up the good work Dr. Jones :salute:

Stevepine 03-06-11 10:24 AM

We need to remember we are a community who work because of our love of the game and forget about who owns this piece of code or that piece of code.

The sooner we do that, the faster SH5 becomes a really incredible simulation.
Anything else is driven by indivualistic ego. Its SH5 that matters in the end..... I hope.

We all know who the hardest working modders are and which people have contributed the most....

TheDarkWraith 03-06-11 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevepine (Post 1613377)
We need to remember we are a community who work because of our love of the game and forget about who owns this piece of code or that piece of code.

Sorry, that's not going to happen (at least for me). .dat, .sim, etc. are a different story but code is intellectual property. Many hours, days, and even weeks go into it. Figuring out something or creating something new from nothing is a very hard thing to do. I don't see many developers just giving away their source code to everyone.

Stevepine 03-06-11 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1613382)
Sorry, that's not going to happen (at least for me). .dat, .sim, etc. are a different story but code is intellectual property. Many hours, days, and even weeks go into it. Figuring out something or creating something new from nothing is a very hard thing to do. I don't see many developers just giving away their source code to everyone.

Well, 99% of the time, professional developers are trying to make money and profit so of course they are protective of their code -- they have to be.... because they are against competitors.

But our motivation is different isnt it?

If another SH5 modder making a UI asks you for permission about a piece of code... then I hope you won't say no or even worse: see them as some sort of rival or competitor?

Didn't you help reaper 7 with his ? :) I remember he needed help with officer icons or something? I remember being relieved and feeling impressed because suddenly his UI had officers and I thought you must have helped him a lot or given him permission?

Zedi 03-06-11 11:28 AM

Makman agreed and given out his approval to make a MaGui version for SH5. So that means everything what is included in MaGui can be used to build the SH5 version. Any extra features, script, code should have the approval of those who made the code/mod or whatever it is. Its logical, its common sense.

TDW spent months in developing and adding code to the game, so is not nice to just copy his work without asking.

Stevepine 03-06-11 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnum (Post 1613422)
Makman agreed and given out his approval to make a MaGui version for SH5. So that means everything what is included in MaGui can be used to build the SH5 version. Any extra features, script, code should have the approval of those who made the code/mod or whatever it is. Its logical, its common sense.

TDW spent months in developing and adding code to the game, so is not nice to just copy his work without asking.

Ok, yes, we should always ask, I absolutely agree with you. I just feel like we need to help each other and not be immediately / automatically suspicious... and think of each other as competitors.