SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, full release (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243064)

von Zelda 12-24-19 12:56 PM

Gun problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2641793)
I might try to do a bat file to attempt a slightly "automatic" fix for that... Did the game offer to put the gun either fore or aft, or just to the bow?

Bow only.

Then it only gave me a gun and a crew in the aft which is what I previously had. But, external camera shows both. Situation is just like the Sargo.

Thanks.

propbeanie 12-24-19 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von Zelda (Post 2641829)
Bow only.

Then it only gave me a gun and a crew in the aft which is what I previously had. But, external camera shows both. Situation is just like the Sargo.

Thanks.

Interesting... :hmmm: - so it seems that with the gun "glued" in place, the game can no longer remove it and replace it, it goes for the empty spot... this is not good either... :hmmm:

Have you tried the Fix for deck gun crew slots disappearing, or Michael Ward's succinct version, and just tried to find if those "section labels" were in the files? That's what's happening, is that as the gun is placed, it is not inserting the slots... :hmmm: - that gives me an idea... This might take a bit of digging, but it is giving the gun, but no crew slots... it assumes that you have crew slots - which if you did, it would proceed to over-write, because === IT HAS NO CREW SLOTS === now, can we add crew slots to the gun upgrade?... :hmmm: :salute:

fastfed 12-25-19 12:19 AM

well. never mind, every save I saved for my first career is a CTD.

seems to have happened with the older version of this mod too.

fastfed 12-25-19 12:21 AM

ok i just fixed it.. I loaded a new career, go in the boat then loaded my last save.. weird

merc4ulfate 12-25-19 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfed (Post 2641701)
Loving the new mod, got me to play this great game again, probably like a lot of us.

What I don't understand, this is my first patrol, at the start of 1942 from pearl.

What in the world is going on with the amount of patrols I'm asked to do? I'm out of torps already and it keeps asking me to go to another patrol area, this is nuts.

https://i.imgur.com/vgmnRMQh.jpg

You do not get those as much playing Asiatic Fleet.

fastfed 12-25-19 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2641773)
As wzartz says, quit talking on the radio to Pearl!... lol - but I am curious about a couple of things. First of all, did the "Waypoint" flag show-up after you had received a "Proceed immediately to that area, and await further orders", and upon your arrival you got the "Sink enemy shipping" or some-such? I might attempt to change that flag text... Also, when you say "out of torps", is that before or after receiving your last assignment? If you have less than 3 torpedoes, or less than 1/3 of a full load of fuel, you should not be getting any more assignments, but instead should fall through to the "Lucrative target, but return to base." or some such. I did just go through all of the ContactReport files for the next release and change more "wording" of some of the files, but it seems like maybe the logic is backwards for that "return to base" file... :hmmm:

Thanks for that! I'm still looking into that, and have not found an issue yet. :salute:

thanks for the reply, so I wasn't completely out of torps, just super low about 3 or 4 left, I made the mistake of kept asking for orders, so that fixed it :)

awesome you guys are active still and love the mod. I guess the whole "she's going down message" is hard coded or something? I used to love that about SH3, you never knew if it was going to sink or not and could take days to finally go under.

von Zelda 12-25-19 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2641833)
Interesting... - so it seems that with the gun "glued" in place, the game can no longer remove it and replace it, it goes for the empty spot... this is not good either...

Have you tried the Fix for deck gun crew slots disappearing, or Michael Ward's succinct version, and just tried to find if those "section labels" were in the files? That's what's happening, is that as the gun is placed, it is not inserting the slots... - that gives me an idea... This might take a bit of digging, but it is giving the gun, but no crew slots... it assumes that you have crew slots - which if you did, it would proceed to over-write, because === IT HAS NO CREW SLOTS === now, can we add crew slots to the gun upgrade?...

It seems that the gun stays where it's originally put and adds another w/o crew.

I have not tried Michael Ward's instructions because I can not open and edit upc files.

Adding crew slots to the forward gun would be helpful; would then have 2 usable guns IF one could now cycle between fore & aft guns (F10).

von Zelda 12-25-19 04:01 AM

Sending Radio Messages?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastfed (Post 2641894)
I made the mistake of kept asking for orders...

If I'm not mistaken, sending radio messages might attract enemy aircraft. I usually stay off that radio.

wzartz 12-25-19 08:55 AM

Guys, does sh4(and this mod) simulate if we go deeper the sonar also gets more sensitive?

Michael Wood 12-25-19 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von Zelda (Post 2641904)
It seems that the gun stays where it's originally put and adds another w/o crew.

I have not tried Michael Ward's instructions because I can not open and edit upc files.

Adding crew slots to the forward gun would be helpful; would then have 2 usable guns IF one could now cycle between fore & aft guns (F10).

Hi...

A UPC file is just a regular text file (with a funny extension name). Right click the file name and select "Open". If prompted as to with what should it be opened, choose your favorite text editor. I use the Windows application, "Notebook". Hope this helps.

Michael Wood (or Ward if preferred)...

von Zelda 12-26-19 08:27 AM

Lt Cruiser Agano

Propbeanie,

March 8, 1944 at 1pm; sighted task force of Yamato, Lt Cruiser Agano and 3 destroyers northwest of Truk on a northwesterly course. Sunk 3 destroyers.

The Lt Cruiser Agano is too high in the water; rudder and propellers are out of the water and is ship continually bobbing port to starboard, back and forth. Not normal looking.

Maybe a small problem?

propbeanie 12-26-19 10:13 AM

Thanks for that von Zelda. I know the group and will check into that. That type of behavior is from a bad spawn. It might be a ship exceeding the MaxSpeed of the group (I doubt that), or a bad routing (very understandable)... :salute:

propbeanie 12-26-19 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wzartz (Post 2641929)
Guys, does sh4(and this mod) simulate if we go deeper the sonar also gets more sensitive?

Somewhat, but not completely. You can receive at 35 foot almost as well as at 120 foot.

fitzcarraldo 12-26-19 01:36 PM

An interesting question (for me, at least):

Is it possible to use the Real Environment FOTRS V2.0_by Kriller, in FOTRSU? IŽll try it, but I would to know if this was tried by the FOTRSU team as an alternative to the actual environment. Could it be an addon mod, as an optional? I see some screenies I took when I tried FOTRS v2 for 1.4 and it looks really nice.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

cdrsubron7 12-26-19 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2642037)
An interesting question (for me, at least):

Is it possible to use the Real Environment FOTRS V2.0_by Kriller, in FOTRSU? IŽll try it, but I would to know if this was tried by the FOTRSU team as an alternative to the actual environment. Could it be an addon mod, as an optional? I see some screenies I took when I tried FOTRS v2 for 1.4 and it looks really nice.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Hi Fitzcarraldo

Would you have a link to the the environmental mod made by Kriller. Can't seem to find it in the download section or via search. :D :up:

Would like to give it a try myself. :salute: