SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   SUBSIM: 20 years on the web & still no gold watch! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229441)

liljoentx 02-11-17 11:47 AM

Victory is sweet!

I need to correct Neal...I requested the PS4, as 7 out of our 10 Grandkids have them and it would allow us to interact through gaming with them!

Really is a terrific way to start off this New Year! :yeah:

Thank you, Neal, again and Congrats for 20 successful (and I'm sure fun) years with SubSim! :subsim:

Lil'Joe :shucks:

liljoentx 02-11-17 11:49 AM

Thanx!

Thank you, Catfish!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2464395)
Congratulations liljoentx! :)

= Little Joe in Texas?

liljoentx 02-11-17 11:58 AM

Is there a scale that defines the "User Qualification Levels?"

ie: 1 - 5 is a Bilge Rat
6 thru ? is a Nub
etc.
etc.

And where might that be found?
I recognize the fact that it relates to posts generated, but is there no other criteria or qualifications which would equate to a certain number of posts...like over 50 years working with actual simulators, such as the LEM (Lunar Excursion Module), the Shuttle, the X-38 or various military aircraft and hovercraft?
Plus the fact, that I'm a 1st cousin to FADM Chester W. Nimitz!

Lil'Joe in Conroe :shucks:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2465116)
The drawing for third prize... not today :(

Look for it Monday

Gargamel 02-11-17 05:30 PM

It's related to post count, but donors to the site can get custom Avatars and titles. And seeing as he's sending you a PS4, a few bucks in return wouldn't hurt :O:.

Grats.

I'd definitely like to hear some of those stories.

Onkel Neal 02-11-17 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljoentx (Post 2465237)
I need to correct Neal...I requested the PS4, as 7 out of our 10 Grandkids have them and it would allow us to interact through gaming with them!

Thank you, Neal, again and Congrats for 20 successful (and I'm sure fun) years with SubSim! :subsim:

You bet, thank you, and the Playstation 4 is on the way! Should be there Weds

John Channing 02-12-17 09:54 AM

Congrats Neal! Proud to have been a small part of it.

JCC

Aktungbby 02-12-17 11:05 AM

Welcome back!

John Channing! :Kaleun_Salute: A member since '98 and on two year silent run!

McBeck 02-13-17 05:59 AM

Sir Channing! Long time no see!:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

jayv2251 02-13-17 08:17 AM

Wow! 1997!!!

It's hard to remember what was going that far back I've been through so much. I was working for a bank at the time doing check encoding. During my off time I was playing Silent Hunter 1, with all of it's errors. Harpoon, Doom, or what ever I could get to work with Windows 95. Christmas of '97 I proposed to my girlfriend at the time and she said yes. It took use several years, before we did get married and we'll be celebrating our anniversary this August for 6 years now.

My wife is just as much a gamer as I am. We played countless hours of Risk, and when we were done with that we'd get on my computer and play Doom, and our favorite game at the time had to be Sim Theme Park.

Dominatus 02-13-17 09:32 AM

Thanks for doing this Neal, what a lot of fun. I especially like the "interesting" winner selection method. Although, in the spirit of things, perhaps you should have run those dow numbers through a few Enigma cycles too, just to make sure no Allieds get their hands on the prizes...
:Kaleun_Cheers:

Rockin Robbins 02-13-17 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljoentx (Post 2465237)

Whoa! Lil' Joe using his winnings for a MOST noble purpose. Makes it even better!:up:

THEBERBSTER 02-13-17 04:44 PM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > John Channing
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE << STEAM is not compatible with the essential application TDW’s Generic File Patcher
Steam Conversion Installation Instructions for SH5 Updated Version
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod > Includes Optional KSDCommander And Working Enigma M4 Machine
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
Steam Conversion SH3 Installation Instructions By BL!ITZKR!EG
Support The New SH4 Mega Mod Project FOTRSU > 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.53_PublicBeta_E N
Steam Conversion SH4 Installation Instructions By ValoWay

Onkel Neal 02-13-17 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good news!! 216 --> JesterV2 you are the third prize winner. Post here within 5 days to claim your prize.

Onkel Neal 02-14-17 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fourth prize....a dud, trying again tomorrow.

Mr Quatro 02-15-17 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2466144)
Fourth prize....a dud, trying again tomorrow.

I'll take that one :D