SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] Type IX for sh5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233811)

Aktungbby 02-07-18 09:23 PM

welcome aboard!

sylwesterp!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 02-08-18 04:32 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > sylwesterp
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Various types VII only currently.
Upgrade in Total Germany from VIIA to VIIB should appear depending on your mission performances.
Post #64 Open Horizons II > Campaign Dates > Bases > U-Boats > An Essential Guide

mkiii 02-12-18 04:29 PM

back in business again. I had forgotten how much time it takes to install everything on a pc, not had ssd`s before, they are very quick, may switch over to them on the main pc now,

Ashikaga 02-14-18 04:33 PM

Stupid question perhaps but has the IX also the possibility to lay mines ?

Would be epic if you could get mine laying to work in SH5

mkiii 02-15-18 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2541439)
Stupid question perhaps but has the IX also the possibility to lay mines ?

Would be epic if you could get mine laying to work in SH5

Real ones did ;)

not sure if it will work in game though, when I have got it all working properly as a playable sub I will have a look

Ashikaga 02-15-18 03:08 PM

That would be super cool !

Kumando 02-18-18 06:44 PM

Can you do something about the interior? Type 7s and 9s are different inside like both periscopes in the type 9 are inside the conning tower.

mkiii 02-19-18 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2542029)
Can you do something about the interior? Type 7s and 9s are different inside like both periscopes in the type 9 are inside the conning tower.

at some point yes I probably will, I have tried modifying the ct room already, but I keep getting errors importing it back into the file, so I have put rooms on the back burner for the time being,
I have a lot of Real life demands on my time at the moment, work, New Granddaughter, and more besides, so modding gets squeezed in as and when I can manage it

Kumando 02-19-18 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkiii (Post 2542123)
at some point yes I probably will, I have tried modifying the ct room already, but I keep getting errors importing it back into the file, so I have put rooms on the back burner for the time being,
I have a lot of Real life demands on my time at the moment, work, New Granddaughter, and more besides, so modding gets squeezed in as and when I can manage it

Thanks thats great news.:Kaleun_Salute:

CPTLTJASON 02-20-18 03:49 PM

Here is a picture of a type IXD2 conning tower
Source: Google.com

CPTLTJASON 02-20-18 03:56 PM

More "Detailed" shot of an IXD2 conning tower
hope these help:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Cheers:

mkiii 02-24-18 02:07 PM

still working, after altering meshes to get rid of glitches it is partially working, problem is to get it fully working means altering the room meshes also, and if you alter one, it follows you have to alter the one that joins up with it, so at a minimum it is the ct and cr rooms.
I was hoping to leave this till later, but the glitch really annoys me now, at first I was telling myself it was good enough, but now if its not right its rubbish, guess its a pride thing creeping in.

mkiii 02-24-18 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPTLTJASON (Post 2542301)
More "Detailed" shot of an IXD2 conning tower
hope these help:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Cheers:

Thanks....I have got loads of exterior and interior shots, deck and hull plans, frame lines, and all manner of other plans, the only thing I am coming up short with is interior shots of the conning tower,

vdr1981 02-24-18 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkiii (Post 2542860)
still working, after altering meshes to get rid of glitches it is partially working, problem is to get it fully working means altering the room meshes also, and if you alter one, it follows you have to alter the one that joins up with it, so at a minimum it is the ct and cr rooms.
I was hoping to leave this till later, but the glitch really annoys me now, at first I was telling myself it was good enough, but now if its not right its rubbish, guess its a pride thing creeping in.

One way or another, your mod will be the best type IX for SH5 ever released. :D
Keep up the good work mate! :salute:

Ashikaga 02-24-18 04:51 PM

Are you using the U-505 interior as an example?