SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   SH4 uboat bugs thread. (Read past the first post before posting replies) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131872)

Wolferz 07-14-08 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragtag
Performance is better than SH4 1.4, loadtimes are way faster.
Only GFX bug i have are the watchmen on deck missing their eyes, rest of the crew has eyes. Im using the official forceware 169.25 and i have tried several newer betas with no luck.

The watch crew isn't really missing their eyes. Those guys are zombies. And sadly enough, put there on purpose by the devs. Inside joke maybe?

Bosje 07-28-08 03:09 PM

can't find it just now but someone on this thread said the submerged/surface bugs are related,
I agree, has to be (from where i'm sitting)

watch crew staying on bridge while submerged and staying inside when surfaced would be just annoying but the bugs have consequenses (or more likely are consequenses of some bigger bug)

watch on bridge while submerged also means: silent running not possible, external torpedoes being loaded
watch not coming up also means: CO2 building up without possible refresh, so the crew die
(although the diesels do work, and the radio too i think, visual contacts also seem to be spotted but that needs confirmation)

it's almost as if the game doesn't accurately recognise which way is up. Never saw that in 1.4, all i ever had there was the crew going belowdecks when the boat hit a bit of a wave in a storm. is this bug a result of the dev team trying to fix the crew? don't remember it being a problem in SH3, the boys would stay on the bridge in bad weather (sometimes being submerged for a couple seconds, yes, but only going below when the boat was actually ordered to dive. And they went down as soon as the order was given. maybe that helps?

both issues are fixed when reloading a save game. but saving and reloading games often SEEMS to introduce the bug more frequently.

also: blowing gales inside the control room at 200 feet depth are back, had it just now after doing some taskswitching while in a storm

and: radio/grammophone not thought through. both are disabled by silent running but if they were playing when going to silent, they keep playing and you can't access them when in silent running (minor thing, just secure silent running for 2 seconds to turn off the gramophone)
bigger issue: same with radio while submerged. radio disabled when submerged but it keeps playing if it was on, and you can't turn it off while submerged

my observations, hope they are any help at all

Effigy 08-12-08 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeFF
Missing textures in the conning tower of the Type IX (haven't checked if it's a problem with the XVIII as well). Also note the tube status lights are white instead of green:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...103453_312.jpg

Did read through the thread, and don't think I saw this mentioned.

In relation to above pic, the toggle switches are also bugged. Only the switch for Tube I works (and will animate in 3d). When you try to click the other tube toggle switches, it keeps opening and closing Tube I.

You can cycle to a new tube via the keyboard, and clicking on the switchboard above will open that tube (text message will confirm "Opening Tube II, III, etc) --- but the 3d representation still shows Tube I switch as toggling open/closed.

Orion2012 08-12-08 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mehring1917
Found another that goes with the deck crew's yoga breathing exercises. External torpedos continue to load and although you get the "rig for silent running" message, it doesn't activate, so the sub is, in a sense, surfaced under the water.

Interesting. I haven't seem to have seen the underwtaer crew, even when playing the uboat missions, but I also lose my ability to run silent AFTER I Alt+Tab out of the game, and that didn't happen until AFTER 1.5.

Maybe helpful to someone??

Morpheus 03-14-09 06:18 AM

i play the uboat campaign from 43 on ... 3 successfully completet war patrols with a typ 9 german uboat.

no problems so far, except a dud torpedo from time to time ...

and now, suddently (december 43), on my 4th war patrol i have one pivot(?) (kreisläufter?) after the other. torpedos running in circles, every second one. i am using the standard torpedo with steam propulsion.

anyone got an idea for that ?

kind of annoying.

not using any mods - just sh4 with the uboat addon.

//Edit: OK, situation calmed down again ... have none of those ****ed fishes aboard.

kr morph

LukeFF 03-15-09 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus
i play the uboat campaign from 43 on ... 3 successfully completet war patrols with a typ 9 german uboat.

no problems so far, except a dud torpedo from time to time ...

and now, suddently (december 43), on my 4th war patrol i have one pivot(?) (kreisläufter?) after the other. torpedos running in circles, every second one. i am using the standard torpedo with steam propulsion.

anyone got an idea for that ?

kind of annoying.

not using any mods - just sh4 with the uboat addon.

kr morph

Not a bug.

krosen 03-15-09 07:24 AM

crash

there is a pacific campaigns selection on my menu and when i try to activate it SH4 crashes.
Checked through all the files and can't even find a pacific campaign entry.
appreciate any help

Morpheus 03-15-09 01:56 PM

ok, here comes a bug now ... a fat one

Only testet with the german career

If i drive a sucessfull war patrol and return home i usually gain a knights cross, and have like ONE ensign (fähnrich) with a active (YELLOW) special skill available (which i do not appreciate).

now, IF i save the game before returning to port, and load from this point and return to port (should make no difference, agreed?), i gain NO knights cross, but have like TWO ensigns (fähnrliche) available with passive (GREEN) special skills available (which i do appreciate!).

So - there i seem to have a problem - either the knights cross - OR - one/two ensigns with passive special skills.

in any case - this is a horrible smurf up

kr morph

<KP Says: Please dont bypass the language filter>

Agiel7 03-28-09 12:33 AM

I'm missing the two light flak guns on my IX-D. Anyone get this?

MRAD 10-21-09 09:54 AM

Hello, I have a bug that I need some help with...

I recently started using SH4, after swithing from SH3 and going through what I thought was most of what I could get done in the game. Now upon downloading SH4 off of steam and running it at 1.3 without the U-boat expansion, the game ran without any issues and ran quite fast. I was able to run time compression at 8K with mods loaded and did so with no lagg at all, not even a single studder within the game at that compression setting. Now comes the problem, after installing the expansion and having the game up to 1.5 [through steam] I was able to run the game for about half of my third mission as a American commander in a Gar, based off of Pearl Harbor with time compression not being an issue, as with 1.3. Now, when I finished waiting for the patrol mission to "complete", I killed a few merchants and a destroyer in the area and set course for the harbor once again, as I had completed the patrol portion of the mission and got quite a few kills in. The time compression completely froze the game, I was barely able to get compression to 250X (or was it 252) without having the compression act so slow that the game basically froze, getting it to 1500X was nearly impossible and now the compression feature seems to be completely bugged. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the issue, my computer is not a problem, and as I said, I had this game running at max compression prior to version 1.5. I had the game running mod free, using high graphics setings (custom settings actually), but the graphics settings aren't an issue, I still have the game running smooth when not in compression. Either than this, it is the only slow-down I have faced in any application with this gaming rig, also never had a problem with steam.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer, I really want to get this running again, it worked great before 1.5.

My system is as follows:

Intel iC7 920 (2.6Ghz) OC'd @3.4Ghz and stable for several months
8GB DDR3 OCZ Platinum Ram
500GB Western Digital Caviar Black HD / Secondary as 1TB Western Digital Caviar black (game is installed on the main, the 500GB)
Windows Vista 64-bit
BFG - Nvidia GTX280 OC (software version 62.0.1c)
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R (bios version F6)
Integrated sound (yeah I know, but I use a Sennheiser headset, so the card is more than good enough to get great sound)

EDIT: I should also note, there is a significant increase in the number of hostiles appearing on my map after 1.5, could this be the root of the issue? Shouldn't the game attempt to NOT process non-essential information such as hostiles rather far from me?

Torlub 11-03-09 01:54 PM

some bugs

Hi, I'm new in this forum. I am playing SH series for some time now, SH4 v1.5 (single DVD with U-Boat missions add-on) just for few days. I have found these problems:
1) Sending message through "send status" to comsubpac gives me empty answer. My first problem was that I almost run out of diesel and I thought that I will be able to call a resuply ship or something in this way. I have tried it few times in different missions and always get the answer without a message text, just "From: comsubpac To: my_submarine" and no text.

2) When on the surface with no big waves, watchmen are disappearing for few seconds and then appearing back on the deck. When I check the watch efficiency in the crew management screen it is doing the same - going from let's say 80% down to 0% and back for few seconds. Don't like it.

3) Even if I have skilled watchmen with full efficiency I am able to see the ship with TBT when on surface a bit sooner than my watchmen. Especially in night. Moreover, when they see a ship they are most of the time saying "ship spotted" but without the bearing information. If there is a one ship on the horizon, they will say "ship spotted" many times in few minutes, but to find out bearing I have to search by myself (this maybe depends on watchmen skill, but still it has to be negative number to make a watchman so stupid)

itman 05-03-10 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torlub (Post 1198525)

...snip alot...

3) Even if I have skilled watchmen with full efficiency I am able to see the ship with TBT when on surface a bit sooner than my watchmen. Especially in night. Moreover, when they see a ship they are most of the time saying "ship spotted" but without the bearing information. If there is a one ship on the horizon, they will say "ship spotted" many times in few minutes, but to find out bearing I have to search by myself (this maybe depends on watchmen skill, but still it has to be negative number to make a watchman so stupid)

If you watch closly, you'll notice that they point in the opposite direction of the spotted ships though.

Svendog 11-03-11 08:42 AM

Radar bug

Hi all,
I've just read through this thread and no one seems to have had this problem.

When I leave port, the radar works perfectly, detecting air and surface contacts. But if I man the radar station myself then go back to map, the radar no longer works. Planes are only spotted visually when they're right on top of me.

I've tried switching it off/on changing sweep from single to continuous etc., but nothing will make it work.

Has anyone noticed this and is there a fix other than reloading the game?

Regards,

Sven.

donjuan49 01-25-12 11:05 PM

Whenever I start a campaign or mission with the type XVIII Walther boat the game crashes. Does anyone know how i can fix this problem?

Kaptain Kanada 10-20-13 05:36 PM

I have a clean install with the steam version and whenever I play as the Americans I am apparently a part of the IJN as when I get into a mission I'm based in Singapore and all US ports are Hostile while Axis ports are Friendly. In the tutorial missions I am attacked by US ships and told I have sunk friendlies if I attack Japanese forces.

I've searched intensively for anything but have turned up with nothing...

Snarf 11-25-13 03:21 PM

Forgive me if any of this is repost, but my bugs so far are:
1. some of my us torpedos turned into german torpedos upon loading a save
2. for some reason CO2 started climbing and climbing, while on the surface i might add, and nothing would bring it down. re loaded save and CO2 was normal
3. Batteries drain in a matter of seconds when rigged for silent
4. FPS seems fine until i am in deck gun zoom, then it drops drastically
5. Hydrophone station doesn't work. when in sound contact range of destroyer (crew alerted me), manual operation of the hydrophone returned nothing.

Sniper297 04-21-17 12:05 AM

I've had 1.5 for several days now, one bug - or is it a "feature"? - I haven't seen mentioned. In a US career, got a destroyer, light cruiser, heavy cruiser, and a battleship ahead. Switch the periscope TDC to torpedo settings with tube 1 selected, the depth automatically changes to an appropriate contact depth for whichever target you lock up. Set it for a different depth and it stays put, but it's a bit disconcerting to see it jump to different depths by itself. This is with auto targeting BTW, haven't tried it with manual.

fireblade274 02-16-18 03:47 PM

Is anyone still on this thread?

My specs:
i5 4690k oc to 4.6 ghz
win10 64 bit
2x HD6950s crossfired
480gb SSD
8gb RAM
750w

I have a crashing issue with the uboat add on, after a short time of game play new and old saves crash my computer. loading old ones result in immediate crash, new saves, my last one I deployed to the Solomon islands (i think), encountered a convoy, dived, took out a few ships, went to free cam to see last torpedo hit, when I went underwater to view near enemy ship, crashes computer. this is just one example, many similar others where crashing happens after 20-30 min of gameplay. Never installed or tried to use mods on SH4; could a mega mod help or will base game crashing mean any mod added wont help?

When the computer crashes, whole thing crashes. No CTD; i have to hard restart my computer. Multiple fresh re installs, of sh4 base then uboats, cccleaner used to clear registry, verified files of uboats, nothing stops the crashes. re installed video card driver. very annoying because in the past i rarely had problems with sh4.

These crashes are in american campaign of uboats add on; when i play the actual new campaign in uboats, I get the well known "unable to accelerate past 250x time compression with out getting like 1 fps after doing a bit of the campaign. this is why i switched to the american campaign to see if that did anything, but now i just get the crashing issue before I get far enough to see if the time compression bug is still there.

Im reinstalling sh4 base after deleting both to see if i have anyproblems with that, but id like to play the expansion so i can get the 1.5 update, and play the expansion I paid for. If anyone follows this, any pointers on which directions i should go to start sorting all this out?

Thank you much, fire

Bleiente 02-16-18 04:28 PM

Mhmmm ... sounds like a big mistake.
Uninstall SH4 completely, delete the folder under "My Documents / SH4" and run the cleaner. Then best a restart of the OS and complete reinstallation of Silent Hunter 4.

But now I have to ask, as a precaution, where do you install SH4 ... Steam?!?

fireblade274 02-16-18 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleiente (Post 2541755)
Mhmmm ... sounds like a big mistake.
Uninstall SH4 completely, delete the folder under "My Documents / SH4" and run the cleaner. Then best a restart of the OS and complete reinstallation of Silent Hunter 4.

But now I have to ask, as a precaution, where do you install SH4 ... Steam?!?

yess.. its on steam. sadly.

I deleted everything, including in my docs and cleaner (cleaner found some stuff and deleted it). Re installed stock sh4, just played that with no ad on, and after an hour got the same crash while looking at enemy ship hull underwater in freecam. never had this problem before. back a year or 2 ago when I used to play last, I had the same setup i have now with my rig, and in stock sh4 no expansion, it would rarely crash. Only happened a handful of times and after 3-4+ hrs of game play. Im going to start a new post in the sh4 base section since im having the same issue w/o the uboat add on