SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   ARB WideGui 1920x1080 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232178)

Kpt. Lehmann 03-27-20 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2657648)
Ah, good question...but i don’t think so (anyway nothing mention it in first post) and i don’t remember seeing any campaign file in this mod...
On other hand, i think SH3 Commander do this job :yep: (there are special files for Commander and GWX, from memory again)

Thank you very much, Fifi. If I try to fix it myself, I hope my skills are up to the task.:doh:

Fifi 03-27-20 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann (Post 2657650)
Thank you very much, Fifi. If I try to fix it myself, I hope my skills are up to the task.:doh:

You’re welcome!

:Kaleun_Wink: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...10&postcount=1

Kpt. Lehmann 03-27-20 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2657653)

Everything can be fixed with a big enough hammer. :D

malc-c 03-27-20 01:32 PM

Error whilst patching

Hi Guys,

I used to have a retail version of SH3 when it was first released some 25 years back, but haven't played it in decades, mainly as when we had a big sort out a few years back I through the DVD away.

I've been following Wolfpack345's videos in which he uses this 1080p patch / mod. So having a steam account I paid my £2.99 and downloaded the game :yeah: which naturally runs in the 768 resolution :wah:

So downloaded this patch having browsed back through his back catalogue of videos, and followed the instructions. It all goes well until I try and run the batch file when I get this error

Code:

a8e75: 0 0, but currently 42

Fail.

Press any key to continue . . .

I spent best part of a day reading through huge long threads on here, most of which originated years back... getting confused as I opened more and more pages from links. From what I can gather, some versions of SH3 have their EXE file modified in some way....

Can anyone advise / give me a link to a 1080p mod that works with the steam version ??

Malcolm

KaleuBauman 03-27-20 03:04 PM

Boy, this is getting frustrating :haha:

I had everything up and running with GWX the other night, and when I started adding in other mods I wound up getting a reference error. Uninstalled, reinstalled.

I've got h.sie and Stiebler patched, Tycho patched, and ARB running (no other mods currently). SH3 starts up with the ARB load screen, but it's locked in 1024x768.

Any thoughts?

Fubar2Niner 03-27-20 03:20 PM

ARB is last mod enabled? Win 10 OS?

KaleuBauman 03-27-20 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner (Post 2657851)
ARB is last mod enabled? Win 10 OS?

Affirm on both.

Fubar2Niner 03-27-20 04:17 PM

@KaleuBauman

Ok try this,

Go to your SH3.exe and right click, select compatibility.

I presume you are running in win 7 mode? And as admin ?

Click the 'Change high DPI settings' put a check in the High DPI scaling override box and ok.

Put a check in the Disable full screen optimisations box apply and ok.

check it out, any better mate?

KaleuBauman 03-27-20 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner (Post 2657866)
@KaleuBauman

Ok try this,

Go to your SH3.exe and right click, select compatibility.

I presume you are running in win 7 mode? And as admin ?

Click the 'Change high DPI settings' put a check in the High DPI scaling override box and ok.

Put a check in the Disable full screen optimisations box apply and ok.

check it out, any better mate?

Zero change. Incredibly confused by this -- I had set this up identically two or three days ago, and everything was running fine.

Fifi 03-28-20 01:34 AM

On side note, windows 10 can be sometimes ... very weird, with strange things happening :roll:
Experienced few times, and lately with my AA suddenly going off randomly on the global scene image but not the gui! :doh:
...and since few days, it’s gone and all well...go figure.
Wondering if this damn actual virus is for something :haha:

Fubar2Niner 03-28-20 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleuBauman (Post 2657905)
Zero change. Incredibly confused by this -- I had set this up identically two or three days ago, and everything was running fine.

Out of curiosity, mate. What is your win 10 build number?

I had this same thing quite some time ago. Now all is well, FYI my build no. is;

version 1909
build 18363.720

malc-c 03-28-20 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malc-c (Post 2657803)
Hi Guys,

I used to have a retail version of SH3 when it was first released some 25 years back, but haven't played it in decades, mainly as when we had a big sort out a few years back I through the DVD away.

I've been following Wolfpack345's videos in which he uses this 1080p patch / mod. So having a steam account I paid my £2.99 and downloaded the game :yeah: which naturally runs in the 768 resolution :wah:

So downloaded this patch having browsed back through his back catalogue of videos, and followed the instructions. It all goes well until I try and run the batch file when I get this error

Code:

a8e75: 0 0, but currently 42

Fail.

Press any key to continue . . .

I spent best part of a day reading through huge long threads on here, most of which originated years back... getting confused as I opened more and more pages from links. From what I can gather, some versions of SH3 have their EXE file modified in some way....

Can anyone advise / give me a link to a 1080p mod that works with the steam version ??

Malcolm

Since I posted the above which as a new member I had to wait for the post to become live, I've now resolved this issue.

I found that if I followed the instructions to the letter it resulted in a black screen after the initial intro movies. So I just tried copying the batch files and the config file, but left the data folder as is. I also used the V16B1 mod to change the SH3 exe from steam to the stock version so the Tycho batch file worked. Through trial and error it patched the exe successfully and the game now runs at 1920 x 1080 resolution :yeah:

Juts got to remember how to play the game now :)

Kpt. Lehmann 03-28-20 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malc-c (Post 2658014)
Since I posted the above which as a new member I had to wait for the post to become live, I've now resolved this issue.

I found that if I followed the instructions to the letter it resulted in a black screen after the initial intro movies. So I just tried copying the batch files and the config file, but left the data folder as is. I also used the V16B1 mod to change the SH3 exe from steam to the stock version so the Tycho batch file worked. Through trial and error it patched the exe successfully and the game now runs at 1920 x 1080 resolution :yeah:

Juts got to remember how to play the game now :)

Good good! It is like riding a bike.

Sink'em ALL!!!
:arrgh!:

KaleuBauman 03-28-20 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner (Post 2657957)
Out of curiosity, mate. What is your win 10 build number?

I had this same thing quite some time ago. Now all is well, FYI my build no. is;

version 1909
build 18363.720

Did have a Windows update.

Fresh install, repatched/installed everything.

Still in 1024x768 :o

KaleuBauman 03-28-20 01:16 PM

Well, some progress. I have the game running full screen, but when I launch a mission, rather than getting "Not so long ago..." or whatever the usual launch screen text is, I get "Initializing." The usual controls come up at the bottom of the screen, but the game says it's paused and none of the controls actually work.

Anyone encountered this before?