SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Silent Hunter 5 Tactics & Tips - "How do I?" & FAQ! READ IF YOU ARE STUCK (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162934)

Indietro 03-15-10 06:05 AM

Can't select the mission due to invisible mission objective icon after the brieffing :\

jwilliams 03-15-10 06:25 AM

Does anyone know how to change the nationality of ships being viewed in the museum?

It seams all i can view is US ships and planes.
I want to view the german uboats.

The manual isnt any use. I even tried pressing all the keys on my keyboard.
until i hit the windows key. And then when i tried to get back to game its all black. had to ctrl alt delete and end SH5 with task manager. :damn:

Akula 03-15-10 08:00 AM

Put your mouse curson at the top of the sceen where the ship type selector is and you will see that the selector tab drop down, where you can then select the nationality.

Athlonic 03-15-10 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gian (Post 1316595)
Put your mouse curson at the top of the sceen where the ship type selector is and you will see that the selector tab drop down, where you can then select the nationality.

Woot ! Didn't know that ! Thanks

That's the sort of things I like in SH 5, you want something ? ... You have to find it by yourself.
Reminds me thoses "secret hidden objects" games ...

:haha:

jwilliams 03-15-10 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gian (Post 1316595)

Would never have found it without you. Thanks :up:

MattDizzle 03-15-10 05:07 PM

where do screenshots go when i hit control + f11?

SabreHawk 03-15-10 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattDizzle (Post 1317560)
where do screenshots go when i hit control + f11?

They go in the main SH5 folder, and are .bmp files. they will all be grouped together and date & time stamped

SabreHawk 03-15-10 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylania (Post 1298451)
Finish the tutorial patrol, then on your first real one you'll have access to the WO from the scope screen. Before locking anything tell him to Turn ON TDC then when you lock something the filterable Req Manual will appear.

Hmmm so it's not availble any other way than when a ship is locked?
Shucks, I'd like to have a look though it before encountering the enemy.

jwilliams 03-15-10 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabreHawk (Post 1317662)
Hmmm so it's not availble any other way than when a ship is locked?
Shucks, I'd like to have a look though it before encountering the enemy.

Unfortuently NO. :nope:

I like the filter system for the req manual in SH5. ( 2 smoke stacks, 1 main compartment etc.). :up:
Dont like the lack of info tho (mast hight??, ship max speed?? average tonnage???). :nope:
I prefered the req manual in SH3. :yep:
Combine the SH5 filter with the req manual in SH3 = Win (for me anyway).:yeah:

The Fishlord 03-15-10 07:00 PM

When I'm going on a plotted course and I hit a contact, or realize my water's too shallow, I either have to go back to the map and change the way point...or do rudder adjustments, then go back to the map, delete my entire course, and plot it again. Is there any button of "return to course" like in SH4? This is gettin to be a real hassle...

jwilliams 03-15-10 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fishlord (Post 1317774)
When I'm going on a plotted course and I hit a contact, or realize my water's too shallow, I either have to go back to the map and change the way point...or do rudder adjustments, then go back to the map, delete my entire course, and plot it again. Is there any button of "return to course" like in SH4? This is gettin to be a real hassle...

Not without a mod.:nope:

sergei 03-16-10 05:46 AM

If you don't want to mod your game there is a way to return to course.
Go to the nav map and move to your last plotted waypoint.
Click on this waypoint, and add a further new waypoint to the end of it.
Your boat will now return to your plotted course.

Junglist 03-16-10 03:21 PM

Binocolar targeting

When i have guys at my deck gun and watch in binoculars, the crosshair turns red and if i press Space, they start to fire at this target. How to stop them???

BN77 03-16-10 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junglist (Post 1319151)
When i have guys at my deck gun and watch in binoculars, the crosshair turns red and if i press Space, they start to fire at this target. How to stop them???

That happened to me and I started firing on my own ships :(

I just clicked one of the "F" buttons to "man the gun" and they stopped.

Hope that makes sense

SabreHawk 03-16-10 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergei (Post 1318230)
If you don't want to mod your game there is a way to return to course.
Go to the nav map and move to your last plotted waypoint.
Click on this waypoint, and add a further new waypoint to the end of it.
Your boat will now return to your plotted course.

Yeah, this is why I dont plot to far ahead. That way I never have to go far to do this, and besides I've found in the past with SH it's better not to plot all that far anyway, just usually have to ditch it to go after a contact along the way.