SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] silentmichal's new interior mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=200862)

Sgtmonkeynads 01-09-13 05:49 AM

Wow, stuff like this is why I've never made it till the end of the war.

" oh, look a new mod. Wow it looks great, I'll start a new career"

Would it be possible to tie the flooding from damage with a new interior like this, but with the crates scattered and broken to show the hectic and boneratteling force of thedepth charge.

I mean, have the interior look as it oes now, then once **** hits the fan and the ship starts flooding, if you could make the boxes and crates be scattered all over as if they fell over due to damage?

It would add a lot of realism.:huh: not that your mod needs much more. I'd still like to know how the hell you pulled this off when a lot of guys have tried and failed. Hats off and a big salute to you.

Captain73 01-09-13 08:37 AM

Yes, it would have looked realistic. It seems to me, this is hard to do! :hmmm:
I would like to see the flickering or flashing light in the boat in the explosion deep bomb in a dangerous proximity! :oops:
As it was in real life.
P.S. But this question has to be addressed to TheDarkWraith! He could do it, but unfortunately it is not available on the forum. :shifty:

Rongel 01-09-13 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain73 (Post 1990219)
I would like to see the flickering or flashing light in the boat in the explosion deep bomb in a dangerous proximity! :oops:
As it was in real life.

Thats my all time favourite FX request as well! Can't remember if SH 3 had it, but SH 4 has a great "blackout" moment when depth charges exploded nearby. A simple effect, but it really makes you jump out of the chair. Yes, it would be a great addition to FX Update mod, but I don't complain if somebody else does it! :D

gap 01-09-13 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain73 (Post 1990219)

So I :yep: :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongel (Post 1990223)
Yes, it would be a great addition to FX Update mod, but I don't complain if somebody else does it! :D

:haha:

silentmichal 01-09-13 10:25 AM

Hi gap, maybe You know how to "tell" game, that it has to load 2nd GR2 file?

gap 01-09-13 11:30 AM

I've just a basic experience of the GR2 format. Without doubt I know lesser than you. Nonetheless, here is my answer:

...the game "calls" objects by their unique Id's. If two objects had the same Id, they would be dealed with as if they were one object.

This I know for sure. Take the rest of my answer with a pinch of salt:

if I wanted to attach an object on top on another object, I would create a bone on the first object (where I wanted the origin of the second object to be placed) and I would give the bone and the second object the same Id.

Regarding names and Id's, I suggest you to read the answers to a question I posed in the "How to use TheDarkWraith .GR2 Editor" thread. Here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...12#post1950012

Hope I answered your question :up:

silentmichal 01-16-13 12:49 PM

News are coming

Hi!

So, I have some good news.

I'm working on 1.3 version of my mod :up:.Privateer will help me to join new GR2 files (I want to add hanging food [bananas, salami etc] :up:). TheDarkWraith is now on Subsim - I hope that he'll repair bugs in his great GR2 Editor :D (I'm preparing materials for him). Don't forget about me :03:.

gap 01-16-13 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 1994029)

I'm working on 1.3 version of my mod :up:.Privateer will help me to join new GR2 files (I want to add hanging food [bananas, salami etc] :up:).

:rock:

Quote:

TheDarkWraith is now on Subsim - I hope that he'll repair bugs in his great GR2 Editor :D (I'm preparing materials for him).

Yes, but don't forget he is due to leave again in a few days (or probably he has olready left). Nonetheless, e announced that he will be back home around mid February :up:

Quote:

Don't forget about me :03:.

No one will forget you for the next 2 or 3 centuries! ;) :D

Trevally. 01-16-13 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 1994034)
No one will forget you for the next 2 or 3 centuries! ;) :D

Yes, just like....... oh whats his name.....hmmm.....:88)

:D

gap 01-16-13 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1994054)
Yes, just like....... oh whats his name.....hmmm.....:88)

:D

:k_rofl:

silentmichal 01-16-13 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 1994034)
:rock:
Yes, but don't forget he is due to leave again in a few days (or probably he has olready left). Nonetheless, e announced that he will be back home around mid February :up:

I'll try to show it him in Saturday (I hope he still will onboard :))

GT182 01-16-13 11:37 PM

Michal, I reloaded my mods today but when I went to play SH5 all it would do was crash and give error reports. I finally figured out that a couple of mods had to go. Then I found your interior mod, last one I checked, was causing CTDs and Error reports installed after SteelViking's mod. Once I removed yours all was well. Somehow it isn't compatible with his on my computer.

I guess I should have tried leaving yours in and removing SteelViking's to see what would have happened. Unfortunately I didn't do that. :/\\!!

I wonder, is it possible you and SteelViking could merge both of your mods into one? Like doing an Interior Super Mod.

silentmichal 01-17-13 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT182 (Post 1994301)
Michal, I reloaded my mods today but when I went to play SH5 all it would do was crash and give error reports. I finally figured out that a couple of mods had to go. Then I found your interior mod, last one I checked, was causing CTDs and Error reports installed after SteelViking's mod. Once I removed yours all was well. Somehow it isn't compatible with his on my computer.

I guess I should have tried leaving yours in and removing SteelViking's to see what would have happened. Unfortunately I didn't do that. :/\\!!

I wonder, is it possible you and SteelViking could merge both of your mods into one? Like doing an Interior Super Mod.

Hi!

So, you have errors? Hmm....... strange :huh:. But OK, let's give me some screenshots of this error, and please describe this error. Give me also your modlist and computer spec.

And what is "CTD"? I really don't know it :/\\!!.

And about merge SteelViking's mod and my mod... it's good idea, not bad :yeah:. Maybe I'll write to SteelViking about it... thanks for idea :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:!

gap 01-17-13 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 1994346)
And what is "CTD"? I really don't know it :/\\!!.

CTD = Crash To Desktop ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentmichal (Post 1994346)
And about merge SteelViking's mod and my mod... it's good idea, not bad :yeah:. Maybe I'll write to SteelViking about it... thanks for idea :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:!

:agree:

bart 01-17-13 11:00 AM

Quote:

Hi!

I'm working on 1.3 version of my mod :up:.Privateer will help me to join new GR2 files (I want to add hanging food [bananas, salami etc] :up:).

Great news :salute:

As for the CTD issue, just to let you know I haven't noticed any problems caused specifically with your mod. Here's what I'm currently running....

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
MMM v0.5 Base Mod
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2
OHII v2 Mission Fix WA
TDW_Mines_Subnets_Detectable_in_hydro (OH II v2)
OH II Minefield map for TDWs Ui
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Kriegsmarine Regular Style
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
gap - HD 1 deg Scope Bearing v 1.0
Dynamic Environment - Winter hotfix 1
sobers see thru wake fix
sobers more trees SH5
sobers better terrain v3 SH5
sobers green crew training V4 SH5
sobers waves mod V9 09012013
gap - Sonar Sound Collection v 1.0 for SH5 - Das Boot
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.1.0