SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Here we go again-Ukraine once again (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=249066)

Jeff-Groves 03-02-22 05:18 PM

Valid Point.
However. That was more then 15 feet to hit the apartment building.
Given the destruction of the equipment shown? I'd say some hit within 15 feet.
That gives me doubt about a true accuracy rating for expendable munitions directed to said target area.

Now if you say a forward spotter may have been in there? I can buy that.
I was trained and did fight in Urban War areas. It's never nice.

mapuc 03-02-22 05:21 PM

I would say it is true what it says in this article

Quote:

Several civilian Danes have been taken to Ukraine to fight. But according to one organization, there are six things in particular to consider before doing so
https://nyheder-tv2-dk.translate.goo..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Markus

Catfish 03-02-22 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2796739)
That is a VERY valid point. [...].

Is it?
As i read already a few days ago Kyev has already been shelled and bombed, amongst others with cluster bombs? :hmmm:
How would YOU advise to defend a city, if you were ukrainian, other than from within? I have heard this russian propganda human shield sh!t a bit too often.
They will not get Kyev other than with house-to-house fighting, this will be ugly.

Skybird 03-02-22 05:28 PM

Ukraine officially confirms that Cherson has fallen to the invaders.

Mariupol reports a very severe intensification of the bombardement after it already got shelled for 15 continueing hours. A complete city district that was home to 130 thousand people should have been "nearly totally destroyed". Uncounted hundreds of civilians are dead, says the dputy mayor, and further: "The Russian army is working through all their weapons here - artillery, multiple rocket launch systems, airplanes, tactical rockets." He further said that civilian buildings of communal interest have been deliberately targetted and destroyed in a bid to destroy moral of the civil population.

The Russian army was and is an artillery army. It now shows what that means. We have seen it in Grozny and Georgia before. Grozny looked like a German city at the end of WW2.

The Russian Hitler will do this to all of Ukraine, if the defenders do not break early. Its either his Ukraine, or there shall be no Ukraine at all.

Susexx 03-02-22 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2796746)
Valid Point.
However. That was more then 15 feet to hit the apartment building.
Given the destruction of the equipment shown? I'd say some hit within 15 feet.
That gives me doubt about a true accuracy rating for expendable munitions directed to said target area.

Now if you say a forward spotter may have been in there? I can buy that.
I was trained and did fight in Urban War areas. It's never nice.

You know, I wouldn't want it to be true, but it seems to me that their own shoot at civilians to cause fear of the Russians. In the city it is difficult to understand who is shooting and from where. There was an episode in my life when the enemy imitated our activity in residential areas. It is difficult to describe what kind of hatred this caused for the troops, although they did not even have such weapons in that sector. They dragged mortars (we didn't even have such ones and don't have them now, because they are outdated) and fired at neighborhoods.

Skybird 03-02-22 05:33 PM

Jeff, its really time you finally realise whom you are snuggling up to. He leads you around by your nose and you do not notice it.

Jeff-Groves 03-02-22 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2796747)
I would say it is true what it says in this article

https://nyheder-tv2-dk.translate.goo..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Markus

Markus,
Yes. One would prefer fully trained War Fighters.
Could I train young Guys in several days? No!
There's a reason one does several weeks to become Combat ready!
I did 12 weeks and THEN did Jump School!
That made me a Raw recruit, or as I was called? A Cherry.

It took years of schooling in the Art of Exterminating other Human beings to be a Trooper.
I am a product the Army trained to kill. When I left the Army? Those skills were not taken from me. I may have been out of service for 30 some years.
But I'm probably more deadly then I was even back then!

ET2SN 03-02-22 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2796685)
Thank you. I'll also hope Neal does not stop postings from our Russian friends.
May not be what we WANT to hear. BUT Maybe we NEED to hear from them.

Consider it a neutral place to discuss issues.
Lord knows We need something like that some where!

I fixed your emphasis because it was wrong. :yep:

:O: Kidding, excellent points. :up:

Jeff-Groves 03-02-22 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2796751)
Jeff, its really time you finally realise whom you are snuggling up to. He leads you around by your nose and you do not notice it.

Sky,
I take what he posts just like I take your posts.

I am not so easily lead around as you may think.
Do I Respect his service? Hell yes! He is a Brother ParaTrooper.
Just like We respect the German Submariners, Pilots, and others who fought in WWII? We respect the service they did. Maybe not Who they did it for.

To just say "He's a Russian! Don't trust him!" Is so ludicrous on the very face of it!

Let me make this PERFECTLY CLEAR! No one here can lead me by the nose!
Consider you have no clue about the fact I maybe doing something sneaky!

Catfish 03-02-22 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susexx (Post 2796750)
You know, I wouldn't want it to be true, but it seems to me that their own shoot at civilians to cause fear of the Russians. [...]

The trolling is strong with this one :haha:

Skybird 03-02-22 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2796754)
Sky,
I take what he posts just like I take your posts.

I am not so easily lead around as you may think.
Do I Respect his service? Hell yes! He is a Brother ParaTrooper.
Just like We respect the German Submariners, Pilots, and others who fought in WWII? We respect the service they did. Maybe not Who they did it for.

To just say "He's a Russian! Don't trust him!" Is so ludicrous on the very face of it!

Let me make this PERFECTLY CLEAR! No one here can lead me by the nose!
Consider you have no clue about the fact I maybe doing something sneaky!

I do not judge a man by his uniform or nationality, but by what he defends and for what he stands up for.

The role of the aggressor and the role of the victim is crystal clear in this unprovoked war of attack. And he relativises it, sometimes subtle, sometimes obviously. Thats tells me all I need to know.

I have no problem with Russians. I knew Russians, I was befriended with Russians at university, I dealt with Russians at work. But with Russian nationalists believing and spreading Putler's propaganda, helping his cause, I sure as hell have a problem. And I do not want it any different.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when this began some days ago. Since then, he removed my doubts.

Jeff-Groves 03-02-22 05:54 PM

Tell me why US Special Forces dropped Israeli equipment on the beaches near
Libya before We bombed the hell out of that place?

We are not innocent!

Susexx 03-02-22 05:54 PM

I'm not going to lead anyone by the nose. I will reveal a "terrible" secret - there is no truth in the fighting at all. There is only one truth here, neither Putin nor Zelensky wanted to give in.Both knew that a war would begin. They knew and did nothing, no one gave in. Sending weapons to Ukraine and the desire for peace are two different things. Why Javelins, and not medicines and food? In order for a person to stop shooting, it is necessary to take away his weapon, and not put another one in his second hand? Tell me I'm wrong?
All wars happen like this. People are mixing each other with blood, dirt and pus, and everyone is standing around and throwing more weapons at them with the words "I want peace on Earth!" And it's always been that way. People were and will be hypocrites.
I will make you happy, I will no longer, as they wrote here, "lead by the nose" and I will keep silent. Time will tell who is right and to blame. Let 's meet in peacetime !

Skybird 03-02-22 05:54 PM

From the Frankfurter Rundschau'S newsticker:

The Ukrainian Air Force said it destroyed two Russian Su-35C jets during a fierce air battle in the sky around midnight on March 1. The dogfight took place against two Ukrainian MiG-29 fighters in combination "with anti-aircraft fire," the air force said on its Facebook page. As a result, Ukraine lost one aircraft, and the search for the MiG pilot is now underway.

"Yes, today the enemy prevails in quantity and quality of aircraft and weapons, but the Air Force is doing everything to rid the Ukrainian skies of the enemy's presence," the social media post reads.

According to a report by the Kyiv Independent news portal, Russia has lost an entire brigade in the Ukraine war. Specifically, this is said to have happened during fighting around the city of Chernihiv. According to the report, the 35th Motorized Rifle Brigade was almost completely destroyed. According to a voice message obtained by the Kyiv Independent, only "18 out of 150 soldiers" survived the failed attack attempt.

According to the Ukrainian news portal, the information from the text message coincides with other facts known about the fate of the said brigade. Thus, the disbandment of the military unit is confirmed, although the military leadership of Russia has not yet provided any information about the fate of the soldiers.

Jeff-Groves 03-02-22 06:09 PM

You have not lead me by the nose! I figure out what is right and wrong as I see it by evidence.
You already know what I as a ParaTrooper would have done.
I'd have attacked as my training taught me to do!
As you well know it would be the battle to the death! That's what ParaTroopers do! Somehow that is drilled into us and We can never get rid of that.

What many don't want to hear is the other side. So they attack.
Us older Veterans? We saw death up close. Arm chair Warriors?
Got their arses shot off in a damned Game!

They don't want to hear from you? Send me a PM.