SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   The Movie Thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=204774)

STEED 01-31-16 01:19 PM

Spent the afternoon watching on TV "THE GREAT ESCAPE 2 THE UNTOLD STORY"

Not bad film follow up on the original.

STEED 01-31-16 06:06 PM

Just watched "Season of the Witch" on TV not bad, Ron Perlman doing a good job.

mako88sb 01-31-16 06:15 PM

Just got back from watching The Finest Hours. Pretty solid film and the storm effects are well done. Based on a true story so I had to check out what they changed to make it more dramatic. Surprisingly, the major story about the rescue is very close to actual events. The main differences have more to do with the love story side of the movie which is quite understandable for the most part. I have the book now so looking forward to reading it.

Forgot to mention that my wife is notorious for falling asleep during movies but she was wide awake throughout the entire film so that says something about it's entertainment value.

Red October1984 02-01-16 12:00 AM

I'm just trying to buy a DVD copy of Senna from amazon but every time (now on my third try) the seller has it listed but does not have it in stock to ship it to me.

:/\\!! :/\\!! :/\\!!

MCM 02-01-16 03:41 AM

just saw "the hatefull eight": If you love Queretino you will love his eigth movie too!!! Solid crazy discussions, some nice turns of the storyline, very good characters, great story.

9/10

Nippelspanner 02-01-16 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCM (Post 2378484)
just saw "the hatefull eight": If you love Queretino you will love his eigth movie too!!! Solid crazy discussions, some nice turns of the storyline, very good characters, great story.

9/10

...and Jennifer Jason Leigh was so hot in this one... :arrgh!:

Sailor Steve 02-01-16 04:45 AM

How did I miss that one??? I just looked, and it has some top-notch actors. I haven't seen Bruce Dern in awhile, or Tim Roth, and especially not Lee Horsley. Walton Goggins was a standout in the series Justified. I need to see this movie!

MCM 02-01-16 05:11 AM

Yes Jennifer really looks bad ass as hell :D Also Samuel Jackson brilliant as ever. Although most of the story only is in that house it is exciting and brilliant dialogues. Loved it and will see it soon again HEHE

Sailor Steve 02-01-16 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 2378488)
...Jennifer Jason Leigh...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCM (Post 2378491)
...Jennifer really looks bad ass as hell...

I've been in lust with her ever since Flesh+Blood. That reminds me: If you've never seen that one you need to. An extremely realistic portrayal of life in the Middle Ages, with Rutger Hauer, Tom Burlinson and of course JJL, plus Bruno Kirby, Ronald Lacey and the great Jack Thompson as real-life mercenary leader John Hawkwood. Oh, yeah...also Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson) as JJL's maid. It has pretty much everything the title offers, plus some fine acting and a great story.

Nippelspanner 02-01-16 02:03 PM

Thanks Steve, I just put it on my watchlist, there are too few "realistic" medieval movies, very most are just crap one way or another.
Kingdom of Heaven is still my favorite, not so much for realism (it's corny as hell, let's be honest) but the sets, costumes and battles are, well, 100% Ridley Scott. Director's Cut version only, though!

Red October1984 02-01-16 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2378490)
How did I miss that one??? I just looked, and it has some top-notch actors. I haven't seen Bruce Dern in awhile, or Tim Roth, and especially not Lee Horsley. Walton Goggins was a standout in the series Justified. I need to see this movie!

I missed it too until it was already out. I never say any commercials, posters, etc anything.

Only reason I heard about it was when I was discussing The Revenant with somebody and they said "I can't decide between seeing that or The Hateful Eight" After which, I found out what it was.

I'll see it for sure but probably not in theaters.

Rhodes 02-02-16 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2378503)
I've been in lust with her ever since Flesh+Blood. That reminds me: If you've never seen that one you need to. An extremely realistic portrayal of life in the Middle Ages, with Rutger Hauer, Tom Burlinson and of course JJL, plus Bruno Kirby, Ronald Lacey and the great Jack Thompson as real-life mercenary leader John Hawkwood. Oh, yeah...also Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson) as JJL's maid. It has pretty much everything the title offers, plus some fine acting and a great story.

Indeed, one of my favourites!

Yesterday went to see The Revenant! Brilliant film and brilliant performances. If L. DiCaprio does not wins this year...

mapuc 02-04-16 05:33 PM

Have you nothing to do and do you have a lot of spare time?

Here's something that will occupy you for some day or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFWw...3RlcVpfUw8uuCM

Markus

STEED 02-05-16 12:25 PM

ALIEN week for me, so far watched the first three extended versions. Watch the 4th one over the weekend and now a question, when I watch ALIEN 3 extended some of the scenes in this version have poor audio with a hiss sound bleeding though. Anyone else have this problem?

BTW: This is the Alien Quadrilogy DVD box set with all the versions of the films plus documentaries, bought this way back when it first came out.

Betonov 02-05-16 02:54 PM

I think this thread is good for movie trivia

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d5&oe=573CB002