SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Average age for this game? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125899)

V.C. Sniper 12-05-07 07:18 PM

< 20 will be classified as an unfertilized egg.

kcburyshaker 12-05-07 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchopz
Male, 27.

I feel like some kind of a youngster here :)

My first computer (commodore Vic20) had 3,5 kB RAM and no graphics at all, only text mode. But the text was in 8 colours!!!
Maybe that is why I prefer strategies and simulations than those nice, shiny and flashy action games.

lol im almost 35 now and my first cpu was a vic20...learned basic on that thing and had a cassette drive for storage...

SteamWake 12-05-07 09:49 PM

I had a TRS Model 1 'archived' in my parents attic. Along with the cassete tape 'drive' and several hand coded basic programs I had written.

They threw the damn thing out :oops:

I was hoping it would be worth something someday... oh well.

Scurvy Dog 12-05-07 09:51 PM

How old?

56. Dear old Dad shipped out on a transport to New Guinea in the Pacific War and couldn't stand the sweat and stink down in the hold. After a few days he came up on to the deck for a little fresh air. In the middle of the ocean in the middle of that night he looked up and saw a million stars. Always wanted to know what it might feel like out there heading into battle. Guess that's why I like this game so much. You guys sure are making it a pleasure to play it. Thanks!:up:

Doolittle81 12-06-07 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkomatic
35-40 class

personally, I keep some light reading and set the time comp after I plot the course...the game does a fine job of dropping out of hyperspace when it needs me...wish real life did that...

As an Old Codger, I love this game...I seldom set Time Compress....I just set a course (real-time) out of my home base and then take my mid-afternoon nap...I don't miss a thing!

Rose 12-06-07 07:20 AM

young gun at 16 here :rock:

Learjetcap 12-06-07 08:41 AM

Old Lurker here

I'm 38
3 smalll kids, one small hot wife, been into subsims since Aces of the deep almost caused me to flunk out of college. I'm a corporate pilot by trade which is probably why flight sims don't do a thing for me.....it's like going to work.

Gargantou 12-06-07 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Learjetcap
I'm 38
3 smalll kids, one small hot wife, been into subsims since Aces of the deep almost caused me to flunk out of college. I'm a corporate pilot by trade which is probably why flight sims don't do a thing for me.....it's like going to work.

I envy you! I'm a flight simmer, always wanted to become a corporate pilot but I can't because my eyesight was not great, and they don't approve modern laser-eye surgery methods!

sasquatch 12-06-07 10:36 AM

I'm a really young 20.

Schultzy 12-06-07 10:42 AM

28 M

Dipped my toe into the world of Subsimming via Silent Service 2 on the Atari.
Now 18 years on the book cases are groaning under the weight of all the naval related books that that game inspired me to buy.
Best decision I ever made. :arrgh!:

Learjetcap 12-06-07 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gargantou
Quote:

Originally Posted by Learjetcap
I'm 38

I envy you! I'm a flight simmer, always wanted to become a corporate pilot but I can't because my eyesight was not great, and they don't approve modern laser-eye surgery methods!

Thread H/J sorry - The FAA has no problem with Laser eye surgery, as long as it is successful :D 20/20 to them is all that matters...as long as you get there somehow....glasses, Lasik, genetics....whatever.

biosthetique 12-06-07 05:03 PM

i am 98, and any faster game pace:down: would trigger me a heart attack!...

spidair 12-07-07 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biosthetique
i am 98, and any faster game pace:down: would trigger me a heart attack!...

Ha ha, that's a good one. Nice try thu with 98 yo (or...?) :D :arrgh!: :up:

Its all about that first...... "ping"......

Right?

After that you have no choise, your'e hooked!!!

:D

And again, thanks for many fine and funny answers! It's a joy reading all the comments, I'm so glad I have a chair with safety belt keeping me from falling in the floor from laughter :D

Tobus 12-07-07 09:45 AM

32 on the outside, but 16 on the inside :up:

drupps 12-07-07 10:04 AM

I'm 27.