SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Here we go again-Ukraine once again (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=249066)

mapuc 03-09-22 10:22 AM

I have never heard so many fighter jet in the air as I do now.

It's like 1-2 jet 3-4 times per day. Maybe more.

Usually it's 1-2 jet 2-3 times per month.

Markus

Jimbuna 03-09-22 10:23 AM

UK Defence Secretary Ben Wallace has announced the UK is increasing its supply of weapons to Ukraine to defend itself.

Britain has already delivered 2,000 NLAW anti-tank missiles (Next Generation Light Anti-tank Weapons). Wallace told MPs that number was being increased to 3,615.

In addition Wallace said the UK was also supplying Ukraine with a small consignment of Javelin anti-tank weapons and examining the possibility of sending Starstreak surface to air missiles to Ukraine.

He said the UK had also provided small arms, body armour, helmets, ration packs and medical supplies to Ukraine.

Armistead 03-09-22 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2797915)

I can't find anything to confirm this, but remember when the USS Donald Cook was buzzed by two Russian jets over the Baltic Sea in 2016. I wonder if they would try that now...

Jimbuna 03-09-22 11:16 AM

A maternity ward and a children's ward have been destroyed in a Russian air strike on a hospital in the southern city of Mariupol, officials there say.

"The destruction is colossal," the city council says. There are reports of many dead and injured in the city, where people have been trapped for days with little food.

Skybird 03-09-22 11:31 AM

Syria was the test run. The targetting of civilians and hospitals is intentional. These are no accidents, nor collateral damages, since collateral damages are not intentionally tagetted, but sideffects, accidents, mishaps, whatever: unintentional . These Russian atrocities were no accidents in Syria, nor are they now in the Ukraine.

Cold-blooded targetted slaying of civilian people, mothers, children: to spread terror and demoralization.

Jimbuna 03-09-22 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2797947)
Syria was the test run. The targetting of civilians and hospitals is intentional. These are no accidents, nor collateral damages, since collateral damages are not intentionally tagetted, but sideffects, accidents, mishaps, whatever: unintentional . These Russian atrocities were no accidents in Syria, nor are they now in the Ukraine.

Cold-blooded targetted slaying of civilian people, mothers, children: to spread terror and demoralization.

WAR CRIMES!

mapuc 03-09-22 11:48 AM

How is the speech from your politician when it comes to Ukraine and helping them more than we already do ?

Here in Denmark and in Sweden the politician gives me the feeling that they want us to help Ukraine more than we do today.

With todays awful bombing of this hospital I expect this will increase.

Markus

Jimbuna 03-09-22 11:57 AM

Talks between Russia and Ukraine's foreign ministers are set to take place in Turkey tomorrow, and the country's President Erdogan is hoping to act as a mediator.

Meanwhile, Israel’s Prime Minister Naftali Bennett has also been acting as an intermediary, flying to Moscow to meet Russian President Vladimir Putin on Saturday and also speaking on the phone with him and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Israeli officials have briefed Israeli journalists that the discussions are now at a “critical” point.

US-based news site Axios reported on Tuesday night that the Israeli officials felt there had been a “softening of positions on both sides” the Russians were saying “they only want to demilitarise the Donbas”.

Putin declared at the start of the invasion that he wanted to defend Russian-speaking communities through the “demilitarisation and de-Nazification” of Ukraine. He also demanded Ukraine recognise Crimea as part of Russia and recognise the independence of the Russian-backed areas of Luhansk and Donetsk, which are part of the Donbas region.

The Russian proposal was “difficult” for Zelensky to accept, but it “doesn’t include regime change in Kyiv and allows Ukraine to keep its sovereignty”, the Israeli officials added.

The Jerusalem Post cited sources as saying the Russian offer was “final”, and that Putin would ramp up the Russian assault if Mr Zelensky rejected it.

Jimbuna 03-09-22 12:44 PM

For the first time since Russia's invasion of Ukraine began, the two countries' foreign ministers have agreed to meet for talks, which take place in Turkey tomorrow.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said he hopes the meeting in the southern resort of Antalya will "open the door to a permanent ceasefire".

It's not clear what chance he has of progress as Russia's president has said he'll pursue his aims either through negotiations or military action.

Turkey's a member of Nato but its president has tried to carve out a different position from Western countries on the Russian invasion. While he said Turkey didn't accept what was happening to Ukrainians, sanctions had "almost turned into a witch hunt against the Russian people, literature, students and artists".

He singled out the Munich Philharmonic for sacking renowned conductor and Putin supporter Valery Gergiev, calling it "ridiculous".

Jimbuna 03-09-22 01:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKlo1FHLuM8

mapuc 03-09-22 01:29 PM

I'm 150 % sure our leaders around the world is monitoring this war-Modern war.

Not to see who commits war crimes-No how the war is fought and which problem each army runs into.

So far it's mostly the Russian who have the biggest problem whereof Logistic is one of them.

Markus

Jimbuna 03-09-22 01:34 PM

And here was me thinking only one side was conceding territory daily.

mapuc 03-09-22 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2797981)
And here was me thinking only one side was conceding territory daily.

For the Ukrainian it's one step forward and two step backwards.

You just posted a yt video showing a column being destroyed by the Ukrainian army.

As mentioned before Russia will win-But it will take a longer time than these 24-48 hours as they expected it would take and it will cost them dearly in material and manpower.

Markus

Jimbuna 03-09-22 01:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS7nZf6G2w8

Jimbuna 03-09-22 02:59 PM

War in Ukraine: Russia soon unable to pay its debts, warns agency.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60672085

Skybird 03-09-22 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2797982)
As mentioned before Russia will win-But it will take a longer time than these 24-48 hours as they expected it would take and it will cost them dearly in material and manpower.

Don't sell the skin until you have shot the bear. The Russians can do a lot of damage and killing, yes. But to conquer and control the country and 40+ million angry Ukrainians, which would be part of "winning the war", is somethign very different.

I am winning optimism that the Ukrainians will get through it. They win by rejecting victory to Russia.

At least as long as Russia does not go nuclear.

Both sides have cautiously moved away form their diplomaticlatic maximum demands. As i said this morning, they said on our TV news this evenign as well. There seems to be a faint chance for serious negotiations and the desire to accept compromises to just get out of this war. Both sides, I have the impression. And said with all caution and scepticism and hesitation. After all, its Putin and the Russians, so no reason to be super optimistic and trusting. The Ukrainians said today that they wanted to get into NATO to prevent this war. Now that the war is here, there is no meaning in getting into NATO anymore to prevent it.

mapuc 03-09-22 03:21 PM

Three things here

1. Winning a war defeat the defender and take control over it's stuff

2. Gain control over the country-Take control over the Parliament

3. Gain control over the population in the invaded country. This is the hardest part and is impossible-Only one country has given up their will to an another country-Austria(if I remember my history correct)

I predict Russia will archive number 1 and 2.

Markus

Skybird 03-09-22 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2797995)
Three things here

1. Winning a war defeat the defender and take control over it's stuff

2. Gain control over the country-Take control over the Parliament

3. Gain control over the population in the invaded country. This is the hardest part and is impossible-Only one country has given up their will to an another country-Austria(if I remember my history correct)

I predict Russia will archive number 1 and 2.

Markus

Okay, I take the bet against your prediction.

I say Russia will fail in points 1, 2 and 3. That does not mean they do not manage to kill Selensky. But they will fail in installing their wanted puppet regime.

I bet this way because I think it will turn out this way, but also because I want to bet on the side whose cause is right.

As long as the West does not drop its supplying support in ammo and missiles and such.

Granted, three weeks ago I would have bet the other way. But not only did the Ukrainains surprised us big time, but the Russians completely "disappoint" me, thankfully. I expected far more of them, what they show is lousy. All the money they pumped into modernising their army, was either a fail, or disappeared in corrupt pockets. Never felt so good to be wrong about something!

mapuc 03-09-22 03:50 PM

To make one thing very clear

I HOPE Ukraine will win this war.

I just have the feeling that Russia will go one or two gear up-Meaning they will go into total war-Where we will see their bomberplanes drop bombs over Kyiv like bomberplane did during WWII.

And the number of manpower on the ground will go up massive.

But I hope Ukrainian will win this either on the battlefield(With the help from us) or in some agreement.

You wrote
the Russians completely "disappoint" me, thankfully. I expected far more of them,

As I wrote earlier
Russia has the biggest problem whereof their logistic is one of them.

Markus

Catfish 03-09-22 05:06 PM

@Mapuc what made yoh post that Poland sent its MiG 29 jets to Ukraine? It didn't.

re russian attacks at hospitals and escape routes, this is nothing new, Russia already dit it in Syriah and elsewhere. Sign treaties, declare escape routes, and deliberately target civilians, then obliterate the cities. Russian lies.

"Russia says it is not seeking a change of power in the former Soviet republic with its war against Ukraine. The goal is "neither the occupation of Ukraine, nor the destruction of its statehood, nor the overthrow of the current leadership" under President Volodomir Zelensky, says Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova, according to the state agency Tass in Moscow."

So Russia/Putin says that? Lies again. Go fk yourself, Putin.