SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Nvidia tweaks to SH3/SH4 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128517)

M. Sarsfield 04-09-08 10:10 AM

If you are using nHnacer, "Enhance in-game AA setting" box should be ON (VERY IMPORTANT... for me, anyway). I think that fixed the texture maps and got rid of the lines in the sky for me.

I recommend downloading the 175 beta driver from nVidia and scrapping nHancer. I think it does a better job.

PhantomLord 04-09-08 10:48 AM

I´ve tried this... same effects.

DeepIron 04-09-08 10:54 AM

PL, M.Sarsfield and I have been discussing some issues over here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134683 as well. Might be worth a read if you haven't already...

M. Sarsfield 04-09-08 10:56 AM

Quote:

I´ve tried this... same effects.
Are you making changes to global settings in nHancer or did you create a new profile?

PhantomLord 04-09-08 12:03 PM

No nHancer active right now. Beta 174.74 only

Fixed that problem.

There must be a faulty setting in the SH4-profile. With all settings "driver standard" in this profile every thing looks good. All textures available, sky is clear :D

M. Sarsfield 04-09-08 12:05 PM

I didn't use any preset profiles.

DeepIron 04-09-08 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Sarsfield
I didn't use any preset profiles.

Same here... created a profile from scratch as well.

PhantomLord 04-09-08 03:22 PM

Anyway... it works. Thanks for efforts.

modisch 04-11-08 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Sarsfield
If you are using nHnacer, "Enhance in-game AA setting" box should be ON (VERY IMPORTANT... for me, anyway). I think that fixed the texture maps and got rid of the lines in the sky for me.

I found that this kills the antialiasing for me. The way I checked my antialiasing was to go to the bridge and give myself a good, angled view of the three metal plates the TBT is mounted on. At least I think it's the TBT (the mounted binocs).

With this setting on, I get jagged edges on the straight edges of the square plates. With this off, I get nice antialiasing.

I'm using the most recent non-beta drivers (169.21 I think), and no environment mods (just TM+RSRD over 1.5).

-m

Schlendrian 04-12-08 06:05 AM

Ahh - so THAT's where my antialiasing went!! I switched to "override in game settings", and suddenly it all looks beautiful again.

Another thing I seem to have noticed, the white lines around submerged parts of the sub seem to appear only after I install TMO, I am using latest drivers (169.21) and TMOv1.5 + SP1c + SP2b + PE2, no nHancer (the nvidia control panel seems to do the same job). Anyone else noticed that - any viable reason for that?

I do seem to be missing the halo now, though. Strange, have to find out what I did to lose it, probably the AA settings too high. However, when I do get the halo, it does go through everything, ie through solid parts. Is there a workaround for it?

I have of course read and implemented hcwolf9's settings, but they didnt seem to do anything for me. Not the Aniso sample optimization either.

Btw, using Geforce 8800GT here

Cheers!

schurem 04-14-08 03:16 PM

Maybe this thread is not the right place for it, but ever since i upgraded to windows Vista, my graphics driver seems to have severe difficulty (to the point of crashing) when large explosions happen. I'm running the latest nvidea driver, vista and the latest release of Trigger Maru. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Oh yeah, the gfx card is a 8800gts320

brommer66 04-20-08 06:46 AM

tweaks/nhancer profile for NVidea NX7100GS?

Hi boatsmen

I installed SH4 yesterday and at first I am VERY disappointed with it. Comparing with the wonderful SH3 (GWX) that I have been playing for a while this game seems to be one, if not several steps back instead of forward. However I also understand that there maybe ways to improve the slow and mediocre graphics and response that I am experiencing on my PC. I have installed nhancer and am looking for possible profiles that work with my nvidea NX7100GS card. Could it be that my PC may not be powerful enough to run SH4 properly? I have 'just' 1GB or RAM too, which has always been more than sufficient for SH3 though.

OK thanks guys, tips, hints, experience by other NX7100GS users, profiles perhaps, etc. will be much appreciated.:cool:

Doolittle81 04-20-08 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schurem
Maybe this thread is not the right place for it, but ever since i upgraded to windows Vista, my graphics driver seems to have severe difficulty (to the point of crashing) when large explosions happen. I'm running the latest nvidea driver, vista and the latest release of Trigger Maru. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Oh yeah, the gfx card is a 8800gts320

Try the newest beta drivers, 174.93
If you are speaking about SH4 1.5, try turning off "Post Processing" in the Game Graohics Options.

Doolittle81 04-20-08 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brommer66
Hi boatsmen

I installed SH4 yesterday and at first I am VERY disappointed with it. Comparing with the wonderful SH3 (GWX) that I have been playing for a while this game seems to be one, if not several steps back instead of forward. .....:cool:

Install the 1.4 patch, then enable the Pacific Environment MOD (for starters).

brommer66 04-20-08 05:55 PM

Already a bit better

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doolittle81
Install the 1.4 patch, then enable the Pacific Environment MOD (for starters).

Thanks Doolittle for your response. I did what you suggested and the game already runs better. Need to look further into this though.

Thanks again:up: