SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-08-10, 10:58 PM   #256
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Hey SV.

I recently put back my AilWhiteInterior over this Mod (as I like the white more than yellow..) However While climbing down the conning hatch to the Control room, I noticed that the Attack Periscope pedestal is no longer all black but white instead. I actually enjoyed the black more . What file do I alter/delete to change that back to black?
Old 08-08-10, 11:16 PM   #257
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Hey SV.

I recently put back my AilWhiteInterior over this Mod (as I like the white more than yellow..) However While climbing down the conning hatch to the Control room, I noticed that the Attack Periscope pedestal is no longer all black but white instead. I actually enjoyed the black more . What file do I alter/delete to change that back to black?
What you want to do is disable AilWhiteInterior, delete the file data/Textures/TNormal/tex/tile_metal_03.dds from his mod, and then reapply his mod in JSGME. Be advised though, some other objects around the sub will also change to black as they share the same texture. A more specific fix would involve hex editing the .GR2 file for the CT to use another texture for just that room.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-10, 11:29 PM   #258
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

aah.. fair enough

Seeing as it's 12:30 and I like your Mod better anyways ><

I'll just disable his and look at it tomorrow lol..

Also, I still haven't found that Enigma tribute lol.. care to share?
Old 08-09-10, 12:26 AM   #259
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
aah.. fair enough

Seeing as it's 12:30 and I like your Mod better anyways ><

I'll just disable his and look at it tomorrow lol..

Also, I still haven't found that Enigma tribute lol.. care to share?
This is one of the things that I wish you could zoom in on because it is a little hard to make out with as far away as the interior camera is from it. I had talked to reaper7 about getting the camera to zoom while inside the sub since he made it work when in exterior camera mode. Anyway, if you take a really close look at the papers sitting beside the maps in the command room, they are actually enigma messages!

Old 08-09-10, 12:28 AM   #260
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

lol I was wondering where it was and I suspected it was there, but trying to read it failed as I have (combined with not enough zoom from the cam ) horrible eyesight lol!

Thanks alot for the tribute though mate
Old 08-09-10, 12:52 AM   #261
spf69
Watch

Downloads: 314
Uploads: 0

Hi S.V. ive seen blue lights in u boat . for night and submerged torp fireing..not sure if this is historicaly correct..if it is looks very good in fore an aft compartments . as seen in das boot ..could you do that mod?..thanks for your splended work
spf69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 01:23 AM   #262
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
lol I was wondering where it was and I suspected it was there, but trying to read it failed as I have (combined with not enough zoom from the cam ) horrible eyesight lol!

Thanks alot for the tribute though mate
You are more than welcome. I only wish I could do more(like make the enigma machine in the radio room look real), but as of right now I cannot do that. I might figure something out eventually though, so all hope is never lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spf69 View Post
Hi S.V. ive seen blue lights in u boat . for night and submerged torp fireing..not sure if this is historicaly correct..if it is looks very good in fore an aft compartments . as seen in das boot ..could you do that mod?..thanks for your splended work
Well, I am pretty limited in what I can do with the lighting in the sub, as it is actually controlled by a .GR2 and only modified by the lights.cfg and the color correction filter. I have gotten into some basic hex editing, but I highly doubt that I would be able to change the red lighting to blue. I will have a look though, it may be a simple change of a hue value in the .GR2.

Old 08-09-10, 01:25 AM   #263
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200

You are a scholar and a gentleman, not least as you dont get angry about folks like me making these dam requests - more power to you and thank you and the other modders for your efforts you are beginning to make this game what it could / should have been

Its your efforts that will keep people playing this game long after the arcade kiddies have drifted off to drive cars or shoot oneanother with ray guns and disintegrator rays

Best Regards

R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Upon TheBeast's advice that I needed more dirt around the sub, I thought about how I could add oil stains and shadow mapping came to mind as it is really the only feasible way to add things to specific areas texture wise. But, I am not sure if it will look very convincing. I have not tried it yet as I have been very busy with some real life issues. I will definetly be trying though, and I will keep everyone posted. If I can get it to look decent, I would probably add grease to both the engine room, fore torpedo, and rear torpedo room since they greased up torps before firing.

I have it in my plans to add more foodstuffs, and a lot of other objects. I have been following privateer's exporter development very closely for just that reason.

Yes, I have been looking into all the explosion animations, but as I said I have been very busy lately so I have made much less progress on them than I would like. I will keep working on them though, and see what I can come up with.
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 02:28 AM   #264
SteelViking
The Old Man

Ok folks, the patch is available! Please see the first post for the download link and info on it. You will have to install this patch over the top of V1.1 in JSGME. I am calling the V1.1.1 patch for future reference. Oh, and don't forget to give BIGREG a big thanks, as over half of the patch is his hard work.

Old 08-09-10, 06:17 AM   #265
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Thanks Steel and BIGREG for the continuing work on this excellent mod. I spend alot time just walking around checking all the interior. I have one request if possible... having my coffee cup beside the attack scope filled with coffee.

I take it that its OK to place the files from the patch into the proper folders of the original mod and letting them override as needed? I've already done this and see some of the improvements but wanted to make sure I'm not causing anything to be left out by cutting down on the mod soup. Thanks again to the both of you.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 09:26 AM   #266
Sudo
Helmsman

YEAH! My CT clock is working now. Now I can get some sleep.

Steel & BigReg, thanks for this GREAT, GREAT mod. The best.
Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 10:14 AM   #267
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Thanks Steel and BIGREG for the continuing work on this excellent mod. I spend alot time just walking around checking all the interior. I have one request if possible... having my coffee cup beside the attack scope filled with coffee.

I take it that its OK to place the files from the patch into the proper folders of the original mod and letting them override as needed? I've already done this and see some of the improvements but wanted to make sure I'm not causing anything to be left out by cutting down on the mod soup. Thanks again to the both of you.
Every time I look at that coffee cup, I wish it actually had coffee in it. However, I am no 3d modeler, so I would not be able to make it from scratch. And, the 3d model for it does not already exist(so it could not be exported then imported).

Yes, it would be just fine to place all the files into their proper folders in the main mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
YEAH! My CT clock is working now. Now I can get some sleep.

Steel & BigReg, thanks for this GREAT, GREAT mod. The best.
You are welcome.

Old 08-09-10, 10:24 AM   #268
Sudo
Helmsman

Just a thought, and please be aware that I know nothing of how models and such work in SH5. Could you resize and retexture the model for the soup and link it to the coffee cup, then add a little steam? Would be nice to have a steaming cup of caffeine.
Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 10:32 AM   #269
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

I remember seeing a few mods for AOTD and that the coffee cup on the bridge of the conning tower with its contents sloshing about to the roll and pitch of the boat was just hypnotizing and helped pass the long hours at night lol

Maybe you could steal.. erm.. borrow that texture and tweak it up a bit and put it in SH5?
Old 08-09-10, 10:44 AM   #270
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
Just a thought, and please be aware that I know nothing of how models and such work in SH5. Could you resize and retexture the model for the soup and link it to the coffee cup, then add a little steam? Would be nice to have a steaming cup of caffeine.
Quote:
I remember seeing a few mods for AOTD and that the coffee cup on the bridge of the conning tower with its contents sloshing about to the roll and pitch of the boat was just hypnotizing and helped pass the long hours at night lol

Maybe you could steal.. erm.. borrow that texture and tweak it up a bit and put it in SH5?
Both very good ideas! I could possibly do either. I am pretty sure that after privateer releases the full version of his exporter(the current already works pretty well) and after Skwas releases the update for S3D, I imagine it will be relatively easy to add objects as long as we can use some existing 3D mesh. So, if there was a mod that had a 3D mesh for the coffee, I will most likely be able to simply add it right to that cup.