SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-09-24, 08:19 AM   #3391
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Congratulations, Russia. You are celebrating today the victory of the Gulag over the KZ and the triumph of Stalinist genocide over Nazi genocide. Long live Russian mass murder and fascism!

Old 05-09-24, 10:57 AM   #3392
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-24, 02:01 PM   #3393
Skybird
Soaring

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/09/w...nni-world-fast

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/20...es-ukraine.cnn

General Hodges has a perception voyage behind him. No more super-optimism by him. Good. He killed my last nerve when he was making it appear as if liberating of Crimea was just a question of time inside 2023. The failure of Western politics seem to have sunk into him. In other words, when i listen to him these days, he sounds far more realistic to me now.
Old 05-09-24, 02:52 PM   #3394
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/09/w...nni-world-fast

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/20...es-ukraine.cnn

General Hodges has a perception voyage behind him. No more super-optimism by him. Good. He killed my last nerve when he was making it appear as if liberating of Crimea was just a question of time inside 2023. The failure of Western politics seem to have sunk into him. In other words, when i listen to him these days, he sounds far more realistic to me now.
That’s one of the things congress demanded of the Biden executive branch in the recently passed supplemental, SUBMIT A PLAN. Which is kinda scary when ya think about it especially considering how long we been dumping money into it without having a clue why.

Quote:
Sec. 504. Not later than 45 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense, in consultation with the heads of other relevant Federal agencies, as appropriate, shall submit to the Committees on Appropriations, Armed Services, and Foreign Relations of the Senate and the Committees on Appropriations, Armed Services, and Foreign Affairs of the House of Representatives a strategy regarding United States support for Ukraine against aggression by the Russian Federation
“as long as it takes”, is not a strategy.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-24, 03:20 PM   #3395
Skybird
Soaring

I think the Why is clear, all they lack is the determination to do what is needed to get there. And that is not just Biden's fault, but also the Trumpists' guilt since they delayed it endlessly not for the reason of seeing no plan, but to deny the government any movement forward at all - no matter at what direction. Total boycott and bringing all and everythign to a standstill if possible was the motto: to benefit from this during the election campaign.

The lack of clear vision and determination continues through most of Europe. The art of walking upright has been unlearned.
Old 05-09-24, 03:47 PM   #3396
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I think the Why is clear, all they lack is the determination to do what is needed to get there. And that is not just Biden's fault, but also the Trumpists' guilt since they delayed it endlessly not for the reason of seeing no plan, but to deny the government any movement forward at all - no matter at what direction. Total boycott and bringing all and everythign to a standstill if possible was the motto: to benefit from this during the election campaign.

The lack of clear vision and determination continues through most of Europe. The art of walking upright has been unlearned.
My blame is not on Biden or Trump. Putin is the one who invaded, I blame him. However Biden is now the President the responsibility is his and all I’ve heard from him and European & NATO leaders just chirp “as long as it takes” which is no plan. Our congress demanded of Biden a strategy. I can only assume now its classified or he still don’t have one, but hey the 45 days isn’t up yet. Hopefully we get to hear something soon.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-24, 03:56 PM   #3397
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Said it before I'm sceptic to the situation, however I have hopes.

Not to retake the entire occupied areas no.
Ukraine does not have the manpower or material to fulfil such a massive task.
Or would they inflict such a damage on the Russians that they see no other way than retreat ?

Russia is they starting to change the way they fight..E.g. Read somewhere that reserves from (now I forgot the name of this Russian city) was send to military complex where they would undergo basic training. If true then it is a change from before where a reservist was called in and send directly to the front.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-24, 04:20 PM   #3398
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
...all I’ve heard from him and European & NATO leaders just chirp “as long as it takes” which is no plan.

It was good enough for us when we went to war with the Japanese and Germans.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote