SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-16-10, 10:23 AM   #406
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumat83 View Post
Congratulation

Maybe I've forgot something. Where is the new version ?
still in my hands I'm putting some finishing touches on it and then I'll be sending it to a few people for pre-release testing and depending on outcome I'll let everyone have it.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 10:31 AM   #407
Watson
Seaman

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Done a lot of work here Dark, im waiting to see what the patch brings, before i get this, but a great help, thanks.
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 10:49 AM   #408
lumat83
Frogman

Downloads: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
still in my hands I'm putting some finishing touches on it and then I'll be sending it to a few people for pre-release testing and depending on outcome I'll let everyone have it.
Oh thank you
lumat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 10:56 AM   #409
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Done a lot of work here Dark, im waiting to see what the patch brings, before i get this, but a great help, thanks.
yeah I'm awaiting to see what their 'compass' is like. I'm willing to bet though that us modders can outdo anything that 'they' come up with We have time on our sides, they don't
Old 04-16-10, 11:00 AM   #410
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
new feature added: Teleporting!! Yep, finally figured out how to teleport correctly.
LOL amazing how much time and efoort by talented modders is needed ... to revert SH5 to the SH3/4 style of game most of us prefer.
Old 04-16-10, 11:19 AM   #411
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
LOL amazing how much time and efoort by talented modders is needed ... to revert SH5 to the SH3/4 style of game most of us prefer.
yeah it's not realistic but I do like to have the option....and so do others I made it in a way that you can either choose to use it or stick to 100% realism and walk around if you prefer. Did I say I love options?

Currently you can teleport to:

- UZO
- Binocular - removed - binocular can be accessed at any time by mousewheel
- Deck gun
- Flak gun

adding:
- Attack scope
- Obs scope
- Hydrophone (possibly)
- Radar (possibly)
- Captains bed?
Old 04-16-10, 11:47 AM   #412
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default TDC - Set Torpedo Speed

Not sure if this is just my install or if it even makes a difference. I noticed in any TDC view (UZO, Obs, Attk) that the Set Torpedo Speed does not update correctly and gets out of sync with the currently slected Torpedo Tube loaded Torpedo Type. The Picture below show a Type II(G7e) Torpedo is loaded but the Set Torpedo Speed is still displaying the Type I toperdo options. It also happens in reverse preventing you from selcting fast speed setting for the Type I. Obviously the TDC knows what torpedo type is currently losded in the selcted tube because the Mouse-over Tool Tip is always correct.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 04-16-10 at 12:40 PM. Reason: updated picture address
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 12:40 PM   #413
naights
Sparky

Downloads: 384
Uploads: 7

Hi:

Perfect work, you

Bye !!
naights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 01:05 PM   #414
Navarre
Helmsman

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
What would have been the outcome, if the developers had spent the development time in real essential areas of the game (gameplay, AI, simulation system depth) instead of invest it into nonsensical interface functionality which are now removed by the modders.
Navarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 01:56 PM   #415
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarre View Post
What would have been the outcome, if the developers had spent the development time in real essential areas of the game (gameplay, AI, simulation system depth) instead of invest it into nonsensical interface functionality which are now removed by the modders.
People would have complained even more about the horrible UI and the fact that the devs expected modders to "finish" the game. Once 1.2 patch is out the game will be functional, different to be sure, but functional. So really consider 1.2 to be "out of the box" and try to ignore the last two months heh

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 02:01 PM   #416
TheBeast
The Old Man

Default Sonar Display UI

Currently, the only thing I can do in the Sonar UI is send Bearing to TDC. I can't even select ship type(Merchant/War).
There is no Estimate Range to Target option.
There is no Precise Range to Target (ping) option.
There is no Send Range to TDC option.
Not even sure if these were options on U-Boats.

An experienced Sonarman can even esitmate target speed by counting screw RPM.
Working with the Weapons Office Plotting the target the Sonarman and WO update the TDC and should be able to perform submerged Torpedo attacks without visual target confirmation.
As they(you) gather plotting information and update the Map accordingly the Firing Solution slowly developes until YOU pull the trigger.
In the screen capture below, the left side is what is currently available and right side is my wish. The Arrows on rifht would be used to send that information to the TDC

Really, the entire Sonar UI need to be fixed.
The Sound detection light doesnt even work.

Anyway, Please let me know if I am just wrong or if this actually needs to be fixed...

Also, The only condition that should effect these fuctions is if you are submerged or surfaced. Visual on Target or the Superhuman Abilities should not disable this functionality.

Old 04-16-10, 02:12 PM   #417
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Currently, the only thing I can do in the Sonar UI is send Bearing to TDC. I can't even select ship type(Merchant/War).
There is no Estimate Range to Target option.
There is no Precise Range to Target (ping) option.
There is no Send Range to TDC option.
Estimate range to Target is available as an icon under SO (in v.1.1.0)
Precise range to Target is available as an icon under SO (in v.1.1.0)

though I've never gotten these to work (how do you 'select' a target on the hydro?)

Send range to TDC option I can incorporate.
Old 04-16-10, 02:46 PM   #418
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
yeah it's not realistic but I do like to have the option....and so do others I made it in a way that you can either choose to use it or stick to 100% realism and walk around if you prefer. Did I say I love options?
Options makes anything popular... from a new shiny car to an older sub.. its what makes your mod so popular.

Fantastic job you've done.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 02:50 PM   #419
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Estimate range to Target is available as an icon under SO (in v.1.1.0)
Precise range to Target is available as an icon under SO (in v.1.1.0)

though I've never gotten these to work (how do you 'select' a target on the hydro?)

Send range to TDC option I can incorporate.
The way it is supposed to work is, Sonar is tracking the target. Then you click on Estimate or Precise Range to Target and the Sonarman tells you what the range to the target being tracked currently is. One prblem I've noticed is when you are submerged, you can not track a target with sonar if it is within visual range or the Sonarman is using the Total Revealing superhuman ability. The only time Sonar should not be able to track a target is when you are surfaced. And don't get me started on the Radar.

Old 04-16-10, 02:52 PM   #420
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I made it in a way that you can either choose to use it or stick to 100% realism and walk around if you prefer. Did I say I love options?
Realism is a slippery concept when you are trying to put in such a limited environment as a computer game the whole reality including physics, human intelligence, etc.

Fact is, a commander would just need to shout and yell orders, and those would be followed by a competent and well trained crew. No need for doing such things as manning the deck gun yourself, and then obviously no need to to run you ass off from there to the hatch if an aircraft appears while you are shelling a merchant to your heart's content

So, teleporting is realistic if you consider that by doing it you are actually teleporting to different crew roles, leaving your commander body meanwhile. I don't pretende to call realistic an AI that fails at elementary human decissions/aptitudes, so if I have to substitute them as gunner, IWo or whatever, then I consider teleporting equally realistic.

Anyway ... keep the good work when I move to SH5 in some years (When the DRM is removed) I will sure enjoy your GUIs a lot

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui