SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-16, 04:56 AM   #316
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Thanks, Billy.

I will post them tonight after I get home from work.
Oh yeah that's right
I totally forgot about Hitman's kind offer of free ships
Linky here
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9mt...x9l/SH4_Models

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 04:18 PM   #317
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

I should mention that there are mistakes in some of the creation dates of the sound files in the xls and csv files I linked to previously. My apologies, I either grabbed an incorrect column, or I deleted the wrong one... ole-man-itis... Not all are incorrect, just some -er- most...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 04:58 PM   #318
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
By the way boss, did you notice that the helmsman "finally" says "Rudder zero"?
And now everything else (I think! Please report adverse findings) is in English again, so announcing the upload of FOTRS Ultimate v.03Alpha with English language in the super-secret shared directory! I'm going to try to pry loose some time tonight to play it.

I'm going to have to play with Razzle Dazzle! It's too good not to be a plugin for FOTRS Ultimate.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 05:09 PM   #319
propbeanie

Razzle Dazzle should be included, as should the Gaggle Haggle, just with a warning to those with weak hearts -er- cpu's (cee pee youse)...

In the meantime, putting the bean counting to work... There are 51 sound files in the FOTRS & Ralles "Sound Mods" Sound "folders" that are not in stock. This does not count the ogg file "folders". Most of those sounds would have to have been added to dsd files throughout the game. Anything in FOTRS v2 *should* be able to be in ultimate, so long as all the other files associated with said sounds are included. I've not gotten into what the sounds in Ralles that are over and above the FOTRS v2 files are, other than they do have quite a few extra explosion-type files. I'll look close through the rest of that sound mod to see what's easy enough to put in.

Looking at the "time" of the files, such as 3.3 seconds, or 12.2 seconds, etc., almost all of the modded files are longer in nature. A few are shorter. I'd like to find out what the actual limit is to a wav sound file playing in SH4 v1.5 is. Looking at the files from v1.4 & v1.5, they are all exactly the same files, so I'd most likely stay within the "stock" games' time limits, and keep the "flavor" of the FOTRS v2 file intact as much as possible.

Headed for the download corral to do me some shootin'...
Old 06-25-16, 07:57 PM   #320
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
And now everything else (I think! Please report adverse findings) is in English again, so announcing the upload of FOTRS Ultimate v.03Alpha with English language in the super-secret shared directory! I'm going to try to pry loose some time tonight to play it.

I'm going to have to play with Razzle Dazzle! It's too good not to be a plugin for FOTRS Ultimate.
Hey boss

I wouldn't say all the German is gone.

I gotta say that this picture is impressive.

Hey max

I've come across a website that includes some pictures of Japanese merchants in camouflage. Thought you might like to look at it.

http://www.aeronautic.dk/MarineArtgallery-T-Yuki.htm

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-16, 08:31 PM   #321
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
There I was testing FOTRS Ultimate v.02Alpha ...But I spotted a plane on radar. Dove. Wasn't satisfied with how fast I was getting under. Hit crash dive. And.......THE NOISE. Like a couple licks of the ringing of a wind-up alarm clock. Ring! (two seconds) ring! (two seconds) ring! etc ...
OK, four tries tonight with Alpha 0.3. Several tries on Alpha 0.2, and no instances of "The Sound" for me. I was able to get it rather regularly in FotRS v2.0 in SH4 v1.4 -AND- the first iteration of Ultimate, while in SH4 v1.5 - I do not understand why I can't get it anymore. I've tried several boats, an S, a Gato, a Narwhal, and a Porpoise, that I remember specifically using... Is it maybe a ship or plane that's encountered that helps "trigger" it? The area of the Pacific Ocean? (that'd be scary to try and find...) I dunno.

What boat where you in there RR?
Old 06-25-16, 10:44 PM   #322
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
OK, four tries tonight with Alpha 0.3. Several tries on Alpha 0.2, and no instances of "The Sound" for me. I was able to get it rather regularly in FotRS v2.0 in SH4 v1.4 -AND- the first iteration of Ultimate, while in SH4 v1.5 - I do not understand why I can't get it anymore. I've tried several boats, an S, a Gato, a Narwhal, and a Porpoise, that I remember specifically using... Is it maybe a ship or plane that's encountered that helps "trigger" it? The area of the Pacific Ocean? (that'd be scary to try and find...) I dunno.

I'm in a Gato right now and no "sound" yet. Maybe this game is haunted by Mush Morton's ghost.......
Old 06-25-16, 10:45 PM   #323
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:

I've been playing in v.03 tonight and can't say I've had the sound occur either. Been patrolling in a Tambor class sub mainly around the Java Sea and Celebes Sea.

Old 06-26-16, 07:23 AM   #324
propbeanie

Were you in the Gato at the time of "The Sound", Rockin Robbins? How about you, cdsubron7? Anybody else, which boat(s) have you been in when you've encountered the anomaly we all affectionately refer to as "The Sound"? Maybe I'll try a few crash dives, in addition to the time compression and going below test depth, etc...
Old 06-26-16, 07:48 AM   #325
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Were you in the Gato at the time of "The Sound", Rockin Robbins? How about you, cdsubron7? Anybody else, which boat(s) have you been in when you've encountered the anomaly we all affectionately refer to as "The Sound"? Maybe I'll try a few crash dives, in addition to the time compression and going below test depth, etc...
Yes, I was in a Gato. I'm going to try to reproduce exactly what I did. I have a hunch the end of the "crash dive" sequence was playing over and over.

If that's the case, chopping a half second off the "crash dive" sound might fix it.
Old 06-26-16, 09:07 AM   #326
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Same here. I was in a Gato when I heard the "Sound".

Old 06-26-16, 11:06 AM   #327
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Something I've not heard before and I don't know if there is any relevance to our annoying sound, but I'll mention it anyway. I was patrolling in a Gato off Truk in Jan, '43. The sound file that goes through the sequence when you dive the boat, the last part of it being "All ahead, 2/3rds". Then the "Sound" came twice right after that. Then the "Sound" started up right after that. The only time I didn't hear it was when using TC.

The funny thing about this was that I was on the surface when this diving sequence sounded. Like I said I don't know if this means anything, just thought I'd mention it.

Old 06-26-16, 11:37 AM   #328
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Sorry to jump in your thread! It's always good to see other major mods for the series still in the works.

Anyways! For my own WWI mod I am creating lots of cargo ships; as you probably know, many WWI cargo ships were used again in WWII. I would be happy to offer you some generic-looking merchants once they are complete - the ship below, with a reskin into camoflage, could pass for a Japanese freighter.

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-16, 12:59 PM   #329
propbeanie

That mighty generous there, iambecomelife. If they're used, you might not recognize them after a bit of "weathering" through the years... - I do enjoy following your "Wolves of the Kaiser" thread, and look forward to giving it a go. My grand dad was a Great War vet, Army Rail Road Engineers, in the Signal Corp in France as a telegrapher.

Going up on the top-secret, hush-hush Google Drive is a folder "The Sound" that is inside the "WIP" folder (I can't upload to "The Root"). I got that correct, right? Folder, and NOT directory?... Anyway, the "original" recording I made of "The Sound.mp3", and the new one, "TheSoundAgain.mp3", along with a long-winded ReadMe that has a long name, which I won't repeat here, 'cause my fingers are getting tired...

Suffice to say, "Crash Dive!!!" is key for consistency it seems. I put the speed on Flank, and game took it back to Stop, then put it up on Flank... what thuh? Then as you've all experienced, once they get into "their routine" of the Crash Dive, "Ahead 2/3", even though the telemetry plainly shows "Flank", and the boat def ain't doin' no two thirds... It seems, in my case at least, that I do have to use Time Compression to get it to go in to "The Sound", but I'm not certain. I'm hoping it's not one (or more) of those Ogg Vorbis voice files that's the culprit, but it could well be. I'll be doing file substitutions, one at a time, and try to find this buggeroo... Out!
Old 06-26-16, 01:05 PM   #330
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

A very generous offer, as propbeanie has mentioned and we thank you.

Let's see what RR has in mind.