SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-16-12, 05:39 PM   #8641
flostt
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvl4F View Post
First of all thank you very much for this excellent mod, I have only one small problem is that when I open the manual recognition at the top do not see a swastika.

I only see a cross, and I want to know if some mod to see the swastika on manual cover.

THE cross I see it is not realistic, sorry for my English. thank you very much everyone.

Installing "Accurate German Flags" brings them back to the flags and the bunker, but unfortunately not to the manual..
Old 03-16-12, 05:40 PM   #8642
lvl4F
Swabbie

Downloads: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinrich Schwab View Post
There are other mods that are floating around that restore the swastika to the German flags. The games depict the older German Iron Cross in order to comply with laws prohibiting the swastika.

Thanks all for response, i know that, i use one mods for German accurate flags, but not change the older German Iron Cross in rec manual, i need change only in manual rec cover.
lvl4F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 06:06 AM   #8643
dpajic
Watch

Downloads: 644

Under Depth Dial, you can clearly see that readings are in Feets (ft). How can i change readings from Feet to Meters???
dpajic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 10:36 AM   #8644
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpajic View Post
Under Depth Dial, you can clearly see that readings are in Feets (ft). How can i change readings from Feet to Meters???
Which UI version
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 11:01 AM   #8645
Dwail
Sailor man

Downloads: 196

Hi! TheDarkWraith. Could you create this scrip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwail
Hi, Stormfly. Am I another time!!. Sorry if only comment for problems. This is the situation:

In my "commands.cfg" :

[Cmd436]
Name=Toggle_battle_stations
Contexts=1
HasDelayedExecution=Yes
Key0=0x42,s,"B" ;(Shift+B)
Sound_0=ELO_Weapon,MC_CR_SO_01_A (sound for activate battle stations)

Sound_0=ELO_Weapon,MC_CR_SO_03 *This line add for me, contains the correct sound to deactivate battle stations. But I don't know if is possible incorporate this line to [Cmd436].

I'd like this:

- first push of key (shift+b) for toggle_battle_stations (on)
with Sound_0=ELO_Weapon,MC_CR_SO_01_A

- second push of key (shift+b) for toggle_battle_stations (off)
with Sound_0=ELO_Weapon,MC_CR_SO_03

If possible do it? How?

yes i was after that long time ago, it is a known problem...

...there is only one command for battlestations which is toggleing it, there are no seperate commands for battlestations on or off.

but there are maybe 1 old and possible 1 new solution after what we have discovered so far:

1. dont use the key at all, use the weapons officer`s dialog menue.

2. connect the keystroke command with a script (as Rubini did for commanding the crew to go up or below the cunning tower), which can check if crew is on battlestions or not, then you can use the script to play the sounds accordingly. (maybe you just need to add a crew script, which have the exact name as the command).

example:
if Wp:Isbattlestations() then or something similar.
Dwail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 11:39 AM   #8646
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Hi TDW:

I may have suggested this a long, long time ago (maybe even in a PM). From what I have gathered over time, it appears that many people have encountered the confusion with installing the NewUI mod, because of the layout. This is also my personal experience.

Perhaps re-doing your mod folder layout in the download file in a different way, so that the NewUI main mod gets the spotlight and is immediately visible in the root, while all other secondary mods go into their own place (Add-on Mods).

I remember getting confused even though I had installed the mod many times a long time ago. A little reworking of the layout may go a long way in making it easier to get this mod working out of the box, as well as to minimize the amount of posts that pop up requesting install help. This mod does easily work out of the box, without the need for tweaking, but the layout belies that fact. It took me a few installs long ago, and some panic and confusion, before I realized that.

Having said that, my suggestion is that the file NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith could be set up something like this (due to alphabetical order):

- Add-on Mods (or Secondary Mods, or call it whatever you deem is best)
- Documentation
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
- Text

All the other mods would be in Add-on Mods:
- Dials
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Ski n
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_jimimadrids_map_tools
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_New_radio_messages_German
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_No_Snorkel_Exhaust_Smoke
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Real_Navigation
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Scopes (do not enable - read)
- NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_WWIIInterface_by_naights

What this also does is allow the user to immediately drag and drop, or unzip/unrar, the NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith mod right into the MODS folder, without having to look at, or do, anything else except activate the mod and jump into the game.

Moving the documentation folder directly into the root, in the case of this mod even though it conflicts with the convention suggested in the mod forum sticky, also allows the user to see it immediately, and have a look at it without burrowing. Personally, I don't see value in having docs or readmes activated with a mod, so I delete all documentation before moving any mod to the MODS folder, but that's just me. Having it in the root, so you can look at it once to see what the mod does, and what needs to be tweaked if required, is often more than enough. If there's any need to read it in the future, we can simply open the original zip/rar file.

This is just my suggestion, and if it helps, great.
TDW: no thoughts on this?
Old 03-17-12, 12:26 PM   #8647
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 107

Just tried to download 6.9.0. The hosting site is FUBAR. Had the same problem trying to download OH2 from the same site.

Are there any other mirrors available?
Jester_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 06:45 PM   #8648
dpajic
Watch

The version Im playing is UI version 6.9.0? The texture of this dials don't seem to appear the same as from (print screen) images at the start of this forum!!
Is there a way to convert depth dial measurements from Feet to meters?
Old 03-19-12, 04:10 PM   #8649
quink99
中国水兵

Downloads: 941
Default A request for TDW

BUMP

TDW, a request if I may, please,

Several months ago there was a discussion about the fact that, historically, the Kriegsmarine did not use kilometers for navigation but rather nautical miles (or as they are refered to in German, see miles). As was pointed out at that time there is a MOD available,

Authentic_Navigation_Units_0.1.0.15

which converts the distance scales on both the TAI and the NAV maps to to nautical miles which is most helpful and immersive. More helpful, yet, would be if you might consider adding a scale bar on the nomographs of the two maps so that they could also be used with nautical miles as well as kilometers in time-speed-distance calculations as part of your next NewUIs revision.

Thanks
quink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 04:23 PM   #8650
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Quote:
The texture of this dials don't seem to appear the same as from (print screen) images at the start of this forum!!
Is there a way to convert depth dial measurements from Feet to meters?
Hello dpajic.

I'm not shure but have a look at the "Dials"-folder in the downloaded file "NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_TheDarkWraith.7z".
In the folder German >> Metric you will find some graphics files for the dials.
Search the game directory for a file with the same name and copy it over.
Make shure you backup the original file.
The path could be "data/Menu/Gui".

Regards.

Echolt.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 08:34 AM   #8651
dpajic
Watch

Yeah, The dials look perfect. I got it working know Thank you
Old 03-20-12, 09:27 AM   #8652
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224

TheDarkWraith: I just want to ask you something since you know SH from inside out and I don't want to make a new thread because of this minor adjustment. Would you know if there's some chance to adjust the camera behaviour when inside the sub - it means when I'm in that first peson view as a captain? And I specifically mean if there is some possibility to adjust that kind of delay/smoothing just like it is with the external camera? Because for me the reponse is a bit sharp and hence choppy. I'd rather prefer something what was in SH3 in case of 1st person camera you know? Is there any way it can be adjusted through some cfg file or something? I can definitely live without it, but for now that cam inside the sub is a slight immersion braker for me and I think it would get more natural feeling if adjusted. Thank you.

First Patrol Of U-21 Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBqInzBaGc
First Patrol Of U-21 Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqyTaomDjM
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 10:18 AM   #8653
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat View Post
TheDarkWraith: I just want to ask you something since you know SH from inside out and I don't want to make a new thread because of this minor adjustment. Would you know if there's some chance to adjust the camera behaviour when inside the sub - it means when I'm in that first peson view as a captain? And I specifically mean if there is some possibility to adjust that kind of delay/smoothing just like it is with the external camera? Because for me the reponse is a bit sharp and hence choppy. I'd rather prefer something what was in SH3 in case of 1st person camera you know? Is there any way it can be adjusted through some cfg file or something? I can definitely live without it, but for now that cam inside the sub is a slight immersion braker for me and I think it would get more natural feeling if adjusted. Thank you.
Have you tried using the free cam from my camera bar? Maybe that's what you're looking for?
Old 03-20-12, 11:36 AM   #8654
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224

Well that's a free cam yes, but it doesn't react to mouse movement. I can move it only horizontally with 4 and 6 keys on the numpad, but I meant the original 1st person camera which also reacts when it comes to interaction with the crew members etc. I found the file inside SH5 folder called 'CameraBehavior.act', but I have no idea how to open the file with 'act' extension...

First Patrol Of U-21 Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBqInzBaGc
First Patrol Of U-21 Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqyTaomDjM
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 12:19 PM   #8655
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat View Post
Well that's a free cam yes, but it doesn't react to mouse movement. I can move it only horizontally with 4 and 6 keys on the numpad, but I meant the original 1st person camera which also reacts when it comes to interaction with the crew members etc. I found the file inside SH5 folder called 'CameraBehavior.act', but I have no idea how to open the file with 'act' extension...
.act files are basically dlls so you either open them with hex editor or attach a debugger to the game while running so you can 'see' inside them

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui